Crosshair turns to blue on players ?

chickenlips

Anyone ever noticed your crosshair turning blue on certain players ? Usually when you aim at another player its green (signalling a friendly) however I've noticed this a few times now that on some players it turns blue. It doesn't happen on every game either and usually when we have been in the bus.

I thought perhaps it was to do with which part of the EE a player had done ( Richtofen or Maxis) but since I had not done the TOB EE and yet it got me wondering ?

Anyone noticed this ? Is there any significance with this and the EE ? Or is there another reason ?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, you should only get the blue cross hairs when wielding the "Krauss Refibulator" (upgraded Ballistic knife) There was a loading screen "hint" in BO1 that went something like this "Red cross hairs mean enemy, Green cross hairs mean friendly so what are blue cross hairs?" If a teammate goes down, no matter what the distance between you is when you get the blue cross hair, shoot your upgraded ballistic knife and the other player will be revived. yes this works on Tranzit too. I have revived someone in town from bus depot. Also a Secret acheivment in B01. "See me, Stab me, Heal me."

Technically, you should only get the blue cross hairs when wielding the "Krauss Refibulator" (upgraded Ballistic knife) There was a loading screen "hint" in BO1 that went something like this "Red cross hairs mean enemy, Green cross hairs mean friendly so what are blue cross hairs?"

Exactly, that was my 1st thought however since Ive never once PAP'd the ballistic knife in Tranzit thats what got me thinking.

When I get home tonight Im gonna do a little bit more investigating.

Wait a sec. I think with the Ballistic you have to calculate the earth gravity? Therefore it should not be that easy to revive from Diner to Town. Wouldn't you have to shoot somewhere in the sky for that?

You sir are correct. But, Notice when using the Krauss hitting the player directly is not always needed. For a long distance revive I always aim high in the general direction of the players "revive" arrow. It takes some practice.

And to OP, I too confirmed blue crosshairs for party players. Not sure why they would do this though, Seems like it just adds a little more confusion.

Technically, you should only get the blue cross hairs when wielding the "Krauss Refibulator" (upgraded Ballistic knife) There was a loading screen "hint" in BO1 that went something like this "Red cross hairs mean enemy, Green cross hairs mean friendly so what are blue cross hairs?" If a teammate goes down, no matter what the distance between you is when you get the blue cross hair, shoot your upgraded ballistic knife and the other player will be revived. yes this works on Tranzit too. I have revived someone in town from bus depot. Also a Secret acheivment in B01. "See me, Stab me, Heal me."

You revived someone in town from the bus depot? What? Please explain this because I've never seen this before. I've shot people from across the screen and had to arc it a bit like Tom is saying but they've always had to be in sight.. Do you have a video or anything? If you can do this then that changes the whole dynamic of keeping people revived in this map and I'm putting a PaP defib in my fridge.

You revived someone in town from the bus depot? What? Please explain this because I've never seen this before. I've shot people from across the screen and had to arc it a bit like Tom is saying but they've always had to be in sight.. Do you have a video or anything? If you can do this then that changes the whole dynamic of keeping people revived in this map and I'm putting a PaP defib in my fridge.

Really is that possible? I too would like to know a bit more about this. I've gotten revives from a pretty decent distance before but always in line of sight, and aiming above to counter the drop/distance. But that would be epic to revive someone thats on a whole different area of the map.

So i tried this and maby wasnt in the right spot but never got a blue reticle when my team mate was down at town and i was at the diner. I tried moving around everywhere but natta. Also found that you cant put a Paped ballistic knife in the fridge...bummer

I know and understand that the crosshairs turn blue once hovered over another player with the Krauss, but I recall that one time where the Avogadro is released from (the hole) I had saw blue crosshairs. I'm not sure if I had colorblind assist on. I will retry this later and if anything comes up I will edit my post.

- Sanchez

Yes I first discovered this ability on "Moon" reviving someone who was outside(Mulekick Area) from inside the Biodome, which means that certain barriers can be penetratded with the projectile knife. I will try to get a clip onto my Elite account for you guys. But try it out for yourselves

Yes I first discovered this ability on "Moon" reviving someone who was outside(Mulekick Area) from inside the Biodome, which means that certain barriers can be penetratded with the projectile knife. I will try to get a clip onto my Elite account for you guys. But try it out for yourselves

Never heard of this before, and i still don't quite understand how to do it :?: