cabin and knife whats the point?

Mad-Dog-Tech

Hey guys new to the forum but keen longtime zombie player. You all may have already covered this but, tonight in theatre mode i found i could go through the hole in the cabin roof free roam ? Also there is a clean cut log sticking through the floor ? No with th introduction of the galvanuckles , Whats the point in having the knife? i mean no thunder gun why not just drop it from the game ? Unless like in the bank (giving money away)and in bus depot (meteor rock) there is more crouching tasks? maxis says turn off the power i say maybe just cut the cable ? also where is the evidence of somebody01 being a troll ?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really dont feel the knife is important though cant kill avagado cant give people cash with it so is there something we are missing

When running through the fog, three knifes to kill a denzian is better than 5 with the regular knife. You can kill the electric guy with it.

The hatch should be placed in the diner.

or then again whilst running through the fog 1 hit on a denizen with galvanuckles works better than knife. therefore defeating purpose of knife . No one else think bowie knifes a bit pointless ?

It's only 1 hit if you hit the denizen in the air otherwise you need 2. You also can kill denizens with the bowie knife in the air and it takes 1 hit too.

Use of the cabin:

1) hiding place of a part...kinda like Nacht

2) Bowie Knife- half the cost of the galvaknuckles...and an adequate substitute for the knuckles when a noob puts the hatch on the bus.

3) decent Place to train zombies...especially in a pinch.

4) a great "What the hell?" place when teaching noobs to navigate the fog.

or then again whilst running through the fog 1 hit on a denizen with galvanuckles works better than knife. therefore defeating purpose of knife . No one else think bowie knifes a bit pointless ?

It is a bit.... but no more than ballistic knives or sniper rifles... Treyarch gets TONS of feedback on what should return or be cut and obviously the fans spoke loud n clear about wanting the ballistics back and the bowie knife.

• 5 weeks later...

Slightly, but:

Gk is 2 hits to a foggie on your head, bk is 3. If you turn and stab, both will 1 hit kill easily. Technically, if you mange to stab a foggie behind you with the start knife, it only takes 2 hits, but it is rare to hit them twice before they land on you (i've only done it once).

In bo, the knife was hidden behind too many doors and it only works through 9 (still does, in waw was through 11).

In bo2, you can buy it from start as soon as you hit 3000 points. So it is more intelligently designed over bo maps, regarding the bk.

---

If you don't have live you can't store points. Getting 3000 in the first couple rounds will get you a bowie knife, instakills through 9 and minimizes fog monster stress. (Unfortunately, right now you can't play offline unless you are connected to xbl, but that will get patched). - edit: i am stupid, it is Die Rise that can't be played offline. I am way too exhausted, please forgive...

---

I have occasionally bought it for a few rounds until I could get the knuckles. I often get all bus parts and build the jetgun in the first few rounds, so bowie can be worth it temporarily since points are so easy to rack up in Tranzit.

Truthfully I am more interested in the cabin. Someone had to live there at some point and it could have been one of the new crew. I'm gonna check again and give it a thorough search, but for the life of me I can't remember seeing any names there. There could have been books on subjects that the players mention. Possibly science books for Marlton. Cannibalism for Stuhlinger. Butchery for Misty. Badass for dummies with Russ? :D IDK I'm gonna check it out.

I think Knife was set their on purpose. There are no guns in Town and it helps great deal when you are starting the game and teleport yourself to bank and power, just pick up the knife and you are all set till round 10. Anyone can make points until then.

Like the other guy said getting knuckles can be pain in the ass sometimes because you need Hatch and sometimes you die a lot either while carrying it or while getting to it. Knife is easy, just teleport to Bank, get money, buy knife, get power, get Jugg and you are all set.

As someone who has been in a game when someone doesnt know what the hatch is for and puts it on the bus i can say the bowie is a good option to have to 1 hit kill the denizens or whatever there names are if you run backwards and knife as they jump toward you. I usually buy the bowie at round one after i open the bank and place my turbine by jugg then run towards the power it helps.

while riding the bus past the cabin, misty says "this is your stop fester flesh"

dont know if thats relevant.. just figured id add to this..

and i agree with above post, bowie is a good friend to have for early rnds.

ill only buy the knuckles in the late rnds. for killing "him"

but its more about convenience really!

if the hatch is at the diner, its a no brainer... im getting knuckles instead!

I prefer Bowie because I don't really knife past it's or the Galvas OHK range anyway, except for crawlers or heavily damaged zombies.

Plus it kills Denizens in 1 hit if you time it right. Can nearly go Denizen free the whole game once I have it.

'Him' is just one extra knife, not really a problem unless you were in red screen.

Plus sometimes I like doing Bus challenges where I can't leave the bus. The hatch gives me an escape option for both ways, and I know I could've survived a few times if the hatch was on it.

If the hatch is at Bus Depot or Diner, than I'm more likely to go for knuckles (not definitely though). If it's not, than the knife for me.

That's just for Solo though. Same basic rules for Co-Op for me, except more likely to do Knuckles just for everyone elses sake.

Of course this is just for Tranzit though. When I get Die Rise, I'm certain I'll be aiming for the Knuckles.