The Next Step

SlashRacer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lampposts have always been in the back of my mind.

after spiderbites video on two players activating four lampposts with the turbines, we tried about 4 times to recreate this, with no luck. Im pretty positive we even did the exact ones that they did. i was in contact with spider in another forum and he told me wich ones he thought they did, but he didn't seem 100% sure. We then concluded that there must have been some kind of confussion and maybe the video was actually two seperate games. Sometime after I came across another video which clearly showed they did get all four lampposts connected with 2 players.

We gave up trying this cause it was such a tedious task, having to reset maxis's side after each failure. we also havent tried it after the second video's proof of which lampposts can be activated, cause my friend insisted we had already done these posts with no luck the very first time we did maxi's side.

To me it does seem somewhat important that I have only been able to connect 2 lampposts, when there is video proof of others connecting 4.

If you put the turbine on the 4 lampposts this guy has marked in his video do they all connect every time?

the lampposts have always been in the back of my mind.

after spiderbites video on two players activating four lampposts with the turbines, we tried about 4 times to recreate this, with no luck. Im pretty positive we even did the exact ones that they did. i was in contact with spider in another forum and he told me wich ones he thought they did, but he didn't seem 100% sure. We then concluded that there must have been some kind of confussion and maybe the video was actually two seperate games. Sometime after I came across another video which clearly showed they did get all four lampposts connected with 2 players.

We gave up trying this cause it was such a tedious task, having to reset maxis's side after each failure. we also havent tried it after the second video's proof of which lampposts can be activated, cause my friend insisted we had already done these posts with no luck the very first time we did maxi's side.

To me it does seem somewhat important that I have only been able to connect 2 lampposts, when there is video proof of others connecting 4.

If you put the turbine on the 4 lampposts this guy has marked in his video do they all connect every time?

It has been confirmed by us, and a few others that you CANNOT get all four lamps lit with Maxis. Spider was wrong in his game too.

When you get place two turbines down after killing the Avogadro under the obelisk, you get two beams. But... if you then place two turbines down at two different lamps, then you get two new beams... but the original two lamps you used STOP emitting beams!!!

So, when spider did it, his original two stopped emitting beams, and swapped over the the next two lamps he used. I have tried and tested this theory more than ten times now, and every time we try it with four players placing 4 turbines down, we only get two beams, but when we then place the four turbines at the opposite four lamps, we get two new beams replacing our original two.

Not sure what this means, but it is a fact, that I have never been able to get four beams with Maxis, and I have not yet seen a video ANYWHERE, where you actually see all four beams at once for Maxis posted by anyone.

Yeah i'd agree Megaman2DK, NGTZombies and MRDALEKJD have all been exceptional with helping the rest of us. But that vid was posted like 3 weeks ago, would it not have been more popular by now?

yes u would think it would be. It does seem somewhat significant that alot of us only get 2 lampposts connected.

we have also been busy chasing alot of other wild theories though.

Its just something I cant get out of the back of my head. Considering how maxis is talking about scalene triangles, obteuse vertices, etc. I have stated to death before, it just seems to easy to activate any random lamppost. If there is anything to this then I would have to say the other four have to be activated for richtofens side ( I really dont think it has to be done in the same game though).

Death what r your thoughts on megamans video?

Can u remember if you tried these specific light posts?

I think we should try this considering u havent been able to get four lightposts and neither have I. We should try it with any characters and see what happens, if we cant get four posts lite then try with samuel and rusman, or misty and marlton. the later two would seem to make more sense on maxi's side.

If it turned out to be character related this would indeed be quite intresting. Im going to be on in about an hour if you want to try this. I dont have to work tomorrow so I have all night. It could be along process to figure out if it is character related.

there is no pyramid on greenrun.

There was a post on here a few weeks ago and it was debunked as fog fucking up the vision. So i don't think what you seen should be too believable.

See this thead and comment in that thread in regards to the pyramid being debunked. Look at my images on page 2 in particular.

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=26976

This thread is not about the pyramid(or MPD or whatever it is). Lets keep this thread on track and moving in the right direction.

You would think so. The most common use for spire is a churches steeple, but you get his quotes when u set your turbine out at the pylon. He seems to be referring to the pylon as a spire.

I have been told that others have tried turbines at the church during the electric guys step with no result. I haven't tried myself maybe worth a shot. The only way to really know is to do it myself I guess.

Death what r your thoughts on megamans video?

Can u remember if you tried these specific light posts?

I think we should try this considering u havent been able to get four lightposts and neither have I. We should try it with any characters and see what happens, if we cant get four posts lite then try with samuel and rusman, or misty and marlton. the later two would seem to make more sense on maxi's side.

If it turned out to be character related this would indeed be quite intresting. Im going to be on in about an hour if you want to try this. I dont have to work tomorrow so I have all night. It could be along process to figure out if it is character related.

Well, it does look pretty clear he got 4 lamps lit, but I would like to have seen it in action for a bit longer. After all, when we got the lamps to swap beams, the original ones could still be seen shooting to the pylon for a few seconds after we activated the seconds two beams, then they stopped.

In Megamans video, we seen them (all 4) when he first activates the second set of beams. Not later in the game.

I have done the Maxis ToB well over 30+ times now, and NEVER, EVER, have I been able to activate 4 beams for him.

I even recently got 8 beams active for Richtofen, but never more than two for Maxis.

God, once I even did Maxis on Solo, and got it to work with just one beam.

Megaman is one of the only people on Youtube I completely believe, so if he says he had the 4 running at the same time for the remainder of his game, then I believe him, but it is something I have NEVER been able to replicate, so don't think it is essentially neccassary.

you know your probably right. He's paused the game right at this point and it maybe just the residual effect from the original two beams. perhaps this video is a bit deceiving.

Exactly! Much like Spider's... you see him activating 4 beams, but never see the 4 running together later in the game.

I do not think it is coincidence that I have done it so many times and never had more than 2 beams running!?

Though, it is strange that, when I did the Maxis ToB in solo, it only required 1 turbine under 1 lamp to work at the end!?!