Favourite Map from all Zombie Games (COD)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Der Riese will no doubt win this, but...

Ascension.

OH MAN, that map was so good, I remember sprinting home to download first strike, I loaded up Ascension and wow. So many secrets, blowing up the rocket, the little dolls of the four characters, the feeling of captivity was really something that engrossed me into it and who can forget the node easter egg?

The node easter egg is what did it for me, it was crazy! Magical buttons in the walls? Floating letters in the sky? And this all new mystery voice? It was something so new and fresh compared to the previous maps.

But then there was the new features, the lunar landers were amazing at the time, this interesting new way to move around the map and also the gersch devices!

I can go on for so long as to why I think it's the best, but I won't.

Der Riese obviously comes second after Ascension though.

WaW - I voted for Der Riese but Shi No is where it started for me. I first made it to the low round 30's & learnt to do figure 8's. I did my training here. I found the radios & telephone myself & the storyline started in me.

But..... Der Riese.....

I played Der Riese so much, mainly just trying to get the acheivement - "Reach Round 20 with No Perks"

Perkaholics Anonymous!

You stayed on the wagon until level 20! You have nerves of steel!

(This should be an CoDz Medal)

Der Riese is just such an awesome map for our storyline. It's such a spooky place. The character just works!

Black Ops - .I really enjoy Call of the Dead. Large map, lots of room & the backstory from the radios is what we were waiting for

Black Ops 2 - I've been playing lots of Survival on Town. It dosent take long to get set up & you can have some fun, quick & enjoyable games. All the perks are available & you can PaP easily. This makes town a fairly easy map. I do really like Nuketown, but the Drops just make or break you. I suppose this just makes it a challenge if you get bad Perk drops. I find Nuketown pretty quick & easy to make it to 20, just the drops can mess you up.

Favorite map: Shangri-la

Thats right! One of the most hated maps due to it being:

1. Hard.

2. no good training places.

3. sucky wonder-weapons.

I enormously disagree. I loved the map because it was like no other. The scenery was awesome, the easter egg hard, and the map was hard. I was (and still am) an avid zombie slayer. I eventually realized i was pretty good (not to honk my own horn!) and i didn't play as serisouly because most maps were easy and i knew all the tricks. But when Shangri-la came out i had not idea how to play it. I was stumped. Then i learned the kinks (unlike a lot of my friends) and got OKAY at it. It was not until almost moon that i hit round 40+ on shang. The difficulty kept me going and i still play it today when i get bored of TranZit.

The easter egg from that was hard too but also the most unique. The wonderweapons was awesome and i loved its effect being able to kick baby zombies. People say the perks moved and yada yada yada it sucked because u couldnt tell blah blah blah. But everyone here knows the fun part is in learning how a map plays out and maybe its just me but most people i played with didnt really want to learn how to play the map. They wanted the best training spots and the best weapons, etc.

IMO Shangri-La is possibly one of the most challenging and fun maps. Hard, Fun, awesome mechanics, and weapons.

Five- I will always have a special place for my first love, much like my first crush. It is very well designed and no overall achilles weakness. No invincibility glitch, wonder weapon not too powerful, reviving is art instead of impossible, among many reasons why its my favorite.

For WAW I like Verrukt, BO version. Various great fun camping locations, hard map but not lose your hair hard. Der Rise will be the overwhelming favorite because of the PAP.

On a side note I love NML, the best part of the zombie game. But i hate Moon, boring boring map.

I love camping with friends, versus running individual trains.

SHANGRI LA

This map. Where do I begin? I'll begin at the start of the map. From the get go you are treated to the most beautiful zombie map to date. With the bright colors, detailed foliage, and ancient temple asthetic that can't be beat. Hell, the blue sky even contrasts beautifully with the orange of the map itself.

With tons of new ways to influence the way you play zambies, this has to be one of the most feature-rich maps to date. With the escape routes like the Mine Cart and Slide, the Water "Trap", the geysers propelling you around the map, etc.

What was even better is that the small size and difficulty of the map actually forced you to use these features to survive, instead of just being additions, they were damn-near neccessities. It really changed the way you played zambies.

The bosses were really cool too. Walking traps that had a real effect on the gameplay. Flamey and Shrieky will live on forever in my heart. Though there wasn't much justification to them being there (Genetix experimentz gais) they made the map far more enjoyable.

Monkeys stealing and randomizing our power-ups always kept ypu on your toes and discouraged the slow-paced gameplay of other maps. That's another point. This map is fast, a very nice change of pace from maps like Moon.

The design of the actual Zambies themselves were also wonderful. You had female zambies for the first time, those little shriveled guys that looked absolutely ravaged crawling around, and they're all covered in 115 cancer stuff. Awesome.

It's also got some of the funniest lines in the game.

DER RIESE

An absolute Titan of a map, "The Giant" is correct. In a map like this, you knew shit was gonna go down. The aesthetic is absolutely wonderful. That kind of ruined industrial feel that future maps like Ascension just can't match. The whole place is dirty and gritty, serious. Worse graphics actually benefit this map, IMO, gives it an even rougher feel.

Hellhounds. Not only do I love these little guys to death in their normal hellrounds, but 3Arc had the INGENIOUS idea to put Hellhounds in with regular zambies, just to keep things fresh and interesting. It's not just a giant horde of zambies after you, it's a pack of wild devil dogs punching ahead of the pack to murder you horribly.

It's Der Riese guys, come on.

GREEN RUN

MASSIVE in size and in appeal, Green Run gets my third spot.

While some whiny little people will complain about how "Itz too hard" or "itz dumbZ" and "Take out the stupid lava, and the fog, and the denizens, and all the stuff that makes this map unique", I contiue to defend the decisions 3Arch has made here.

The map's atmosphere is unquestionably the best in the series. (Some may argue for Verruckt but I can't hear any of those damn sounds while I'm NOT walking a crawler) Fog and lava, with 115 raining down from the sky, it's magnificent, and you can't deny it.

More difficulty is IMO a good thing. Treyarch are trying to expand upon the simplistic gameplay of Zambies. Play Green Run then play Kino Der Toten. The difference is uncanny.

Buildables, while I find many of them to be useless, are a very cool addition. It gives yet another element of progression into Zambies, and encouraged you to explore. "I need the plow, damn, not here, gotta look around more". Great.

Lava and exploding zambies damaging other zambies which you can set on fire again and do way more damage to the whole horde since zambies on fire have less health anyway = win

Not-so-Perma-perks = win

More max zambies = win

They added so much to Zambies in Green Run, and it's just the starting point.

Plus the map is super fun. Everyone knows that moment when you're stuck on Farm and can't cross the lava without Jug and you see the bus's headlights and it's like your saviours have arrived, as everyone piles out and finished the round. Great.

Also it looks super cool.

WaW: Shi No Numa. Where the O4 were introduced to us.

BO1: "Five" I mean, who doesn't love running around as Richard Nixon while he's yelling at the zombies, thinking they're hippies?

BO2: Nuketown. Long awaited and finally gifted to us, it was everything and more than I expected. Nuketown gets my top.

World at War: Verruckt. This is the map that made me fall in love with zombies. First introducing the perks and traps, also the start of a wonderful story-line. I originally voted for Der Riese because...Well...It's Der Riese, but after giving it some thought, Verruckt is where it's at.

Black Ops: Kino Der Toten. Yes I know this map was originally suppose to be a part of WaW, but maybe that's why I love it so much. Not so futuristic and holds all the wonderful elements from both Der Riese and Verruckt. Love this map. THUNDERGUN FTW!

Black Ops 2: Green Run. TranZit and Grief did me in. I love TranZit for it's in depth EE and story-line and I love Grief for finally implementing a competitive thread in zombies. Green Run is by far the best map out of Black Ops 2 (for now).