Perk-A-Punch Machine!! :)

This idea intrigues me. You know what I think would make it even a little bit better?

Since PaP is a buildable now, you get four parts to build it.

Yes, four.

But you can only use three. The players have to choose to make it either a Pack-a-Punch machine or a Pack-a-Perk machine.

I like the idea of upgraded perks, but I'm thinking it may make things a bit too easy. But, if you add in NikolaisVodka's idea things seem more balanced. You and your team must choose what you wish to upgrade that game, weapons or perks. Hmm, I wonder what an upgraded perk would cost?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This idea intrigues me. You know what I think would make it even a little bit better?

Since PaP is a buildable now, you get four parts to build it.

Yes, four.

But you can only use three. The players have to choose to make it either a Pack-a-Punch machine or a Pack-a-Perk machine.

I like the idea of upgraded perks, but I'm thinking it may make things a bit too easy. But, if you add in NikolaisVodka's idea things seem more balanced. You and your team must choose what you wish to upgrade that game, weapons or perks. Hmm, I wonder what an upgraded perk would cost?

Yeah, I'm sayin. Treyarch needs to really consider the combined ideas of NikolaisVodka and myself. It would at least make zombies a bit more interesting. They've been all about making it harder. I'll say right now, "That doesn't make it more fun."

At least have it so we choose between power house weapons or a stacked playable character. This at least keeps it fresh and inviting. The amount of thought it would take to combine certain perks and their pro advantages would be a bit more interesting than accidentally getting a permaperk and purposely losing it a round later.

I'm also guessing it would be around 5000 as well to upgrade perks.

• 1 month later...

I do really like your original ideas for each perk, but to be honest I've heard this pro perk idea a lot. It's sorta a cliche thread to be honest. like "new perk ideas" threads. I've definitely herd the exact phrase "Perk-a-Punch" or "pack-a-perk" already.

I do like the idea of Choosing which machine to build. That way it's like multiplayer. Perks enhance players, and attachments enhance guns.

• 2 weeks later...

this may sound a little OP. But what if stamin-up pro you could run through small crowds of zombies as if you were tackling them and they would fall down. But running through larger would do half the damage a normal hit you can take. (kind of like using the shrink ray)

To be honest, I never liked shangri-la. The map was just a huge clusterfuck of nonsense. They added new perks to each of the map packs for black ops 1 except shangri-la. The boss ideas were stupid and boring. The layout of the map in general was stupid and the easteregg was flatout retarded and time consuming. I saw people who had every player that had the focusing stone. I would never waste my life trying to get it the first time. It's just stupid. The dirrection that they are taking the easteregg steps are stupid.. Will I have to take chalk and draw hopscotch squares everywhere and jump like a retard? Or will I have to play tic tac toe with a chicken to go further?

This Has almost nothing to do with the topic, but, IMO, shangrila was great... Shrink ray...challenging bosses... interesting Easter egg, that actually did make a lot of sence... A lot more then tranzit or die rise anyways... I loved it because it was challenging... It also had some new features as well (spikemores and minecarts) that I loved... The song was PHINOMINAL! I'd say it was one of eligna's best songs! But if you just couldn't handle it I understand...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

seems like a good idea, let's just hope treyarch put it in though.

They're not...theyre just going to add more perma-perks if anything..

Perma-perks are retarded. They must have been thought up by someone who was hit by a dart while he/she was working on failed ideas for map ideas. Never have I tried to gain a perma-perk nor have I tried to figure out why I lost it. You earn them for the stupidiest reasons and you lose them for less. Perma-jug could have been a nice addition, however, it lost its' "cool points" when I heard how you get it and how long it lasts for. Perma-Perks (along with Nuketown) were Epic Failures from the start.

You wanna know why Mob of the Dead was such a big hit? I mean besides of the best layout of a map ever and the story behind story? It was because of the lack of failed ideas, such as: Perma-perks, shitty characters and two seperate-pointless eastereggs. They also changes the feel of the entire game. The HUD was a great change, as for the "Glitched out" perk machines. People do like different. And that's what MOTD brought to the Gamers. We could actually say, "Wow! That looks cool as fuck! This is different! I like this already!" It's really sad when they go back to the same thing by only giving us perks we've already used and got bored of and one new perk that has a huge flaw.

Tombstone was only good if you had a good team to help you spawn next to where you died.

Who's Who had horrible spawn points.

Electric Cherry only worked up to round 10 or 15.

Now we have this new red machine. My guess is.. It's either gonna suck or it's gonna be this idea that this topic was all about originally.

I'll check my spelling and/or grammar later. I just got on my phone to see how this thread was doing.. Seems like there has been a lot of negativity twards this great idea... Shame on you guys!! Hahaha jk you're awesome! Love the feedback