MOON Relevance

zombo187

The MOON appears to play a subtle but large part on our zombies story arc that now seems like a saga and not just an arcade game and we see many references to the MOON ingame. We also have mentions by devs about various MOON related topics.

People are saying the original crew is STILL on the MOON as where we left them after the completion of the final MISSION or QUEST. (They are not Easter Eggs in the classic sense any more so we need to adjust the title.)

I was only a spectator of this, as I could not do the things required to do in order to destory the earth because.... they were hard, BUT....

... ...I DO remember that even AFTER you destroy the earth with the missiles, you continue to play and you can still TELEPORT back to earth and PaP.

Even then when BO was out, the earth POST LAUNCH looks really similar to how we see GREEN RUN with a red sky and zombies now have BLUE eyes obviously to confirm that RICHTOFEN now controls them.

So why are we not to expect to see them any time soon when even THEN they could easily return to earth.

I would go forward and ASSUME that because we CAN still go to earth, that our crew eventually did or WILL return.

Also SAM was with the crew now, and she was in the EATHER and probably knows a thing or two about the limits of POWER and VUNERABILITIES that RICHTOFEN faces.

My prediction is that we will continue to be integrated into events we missed in the time gap between maps until we understand that the MOON is the key and possibly return there. People are saying we wont return to old areas, but who says it needs to be a new design of an old area. The coding is already there to return old maps and perks. maybe we just experience them with DIFFERENT MISSIONS.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You are absolutely correct. While many think that the O4 is stuck on the Moon, the fact that the teleporter can still send them back into Area 51 sets up a perfect potential outcome for their next appearance. I know that many tried to create the whole "2nd Earth" situation, but that's just downright bogus. It'll be difficult to see where they'll end up next, but considering (like you perfectly stated) that Samantha knows the ins and outs of controlling zombies in the Aether, perhaps they will accomplish a task similar to our Tranzit crew.

But very nice thinking - this ought to spark some interesting ideas, friendo. :)

I said this before. The reason we can go back to Earth after the Moon EE is cuz of game mechanics. If you couldn't go to Area 51 to PaP after the EE then that would be shit and people wouldn't be willing to do the EE.

PLUS

Thanks to Yoteslaya, here's proof that AREA 51 is NOT on the Earth (in zombies) so if that's true when we go to the PaP we might not have been going to earth in the first place which means there would have to be ANOTHER teleporter to get back to Earth. Here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNk0yzSTFA

I said this before. The reason we can go back to Earth after the Moon EE is cuz of game mechanics. If you couldn't go to Area 51 to PaP after the EE then that would be shit and people wouldn't be willing to do the EE.

PLUS

Thanks to Yoteslaya, here's proof that AREA 51 is NOT on the Earth (in zombies) so if that's true when we go to the PaP we might not have been going to earth in the first place which means there would have to be ANOTHER teleporter to get back to Earth. Here :

That's just Treyarch being lazy and not removing the texture.. Area 51 is on Earth.. Jeeze

PLUS

That's just Treyarch being lazy and not removing the texture.. Area 51 is on Earth.. Jeeze

Treyarch AREN'T Lazy. They are in fact quite the opposite. They have added microscopic details such as pictures relating to future maps in Der Riese etc. Nothing in their Maps are a mistake unless said so. Also if it were them being lazy, they would have a patch removing that bug but it's 99.9% unlikely they'd let something as noticeable like that go through the door and onto our games. Hey in fact, they had to DESIGN that sky, So they obviously purposely INCLUDED it.

I've never seen that video nor that exploded Earth from area 51 either.. This poses some interesting questions. How do you story guys explain this? Is area 51 in fact on the moon and not on Earth? Whats there before the moon Easter egg is done? Is it clearly the Earth?

I believe that Area 51 was dislodged from the Earth when the missiles hit, causing it to float in space.

I've never seen that video nor that exploded Earth from area 51 either.. This poses some interesting questions. How do you story guys explain this? Is area 51 in fact on the moon and not on Earth? Whats there before the moon Easter egg is done? Is it clearly the Earth?

I believe that Area 51 was dislodged from the Earth when the missiles hit, causing it to float in space.

That's a good theory. Not doubting it but i'll say this to back up my theory: Since Area 51 was dislodged from earth and is now no longer part of it, the O4 now have no LOGICAL way to get back to earth without reprogramming a teleporter to get back. Sam can't do it, she's been stuck in a pyramid for the whole story singing lullabies for a dead man. Tank,Nikolai and Takeo are still dumbfounded on Group 935's Alien Technology and Maxis is helping the Tranzit 4 to fix the earth.

Good Point, I believe its either A) An Alternate Dimension B) The Grand Father Paradox C) What you Said

EDIT: & Treyarch wouldn't have just left that big a** Earth in the Background for NO Reason, C'MON MAN!!!

That's a good theory. Not doubting it but i'll say this to back up my theory: Since Area 51 was dislodged from earth and is now no longer part of it, the O4 now have no LOGICAL way to get back to earth without reprogramming a teleporter to get back. Sam can't do it, she's been stuck in a pyramid for the whole story singing lullabies for a dead man. Tank,Nikolai and Takeo are still dumbfounded on Group 935's Alien Technology and Maxis is helping the Tranzit 4 to fix the earth.

The only problem I have with the whole "they have no way to get back to Earth" thing is the fact that Treyarch can simply say after holding down on the moon for x number of however long the O4 stumble upon a secret and it leads to a hidden chamber where there are teleporters to each map.. or a teleporter to get back to Earth. I don't think the O$ are "stuck" per say, more just in limbo until their next part in the story comes along. We could probably come up with 20 different ways for them to discover something new and make their way back to Earth.

Unfortunately you're probably right... They might do that and that kinda pisses me off cuz there's so many CHEAP stories they wouldn't include some long, thoughtful explanation to their escape. I like storylines that make you look back on a previous (non-important at the time) incident and realize it's importance now. Like:

JFK and the "Five" Crew have slaughtered the horde of undead attackers. Thanks to MacNamaras's Intel on the Russian Space Project "Ascension" The four are able to find out that a covert Nuclear Missle has been planted on the Moons surface. Since they have some of Group 935's technology after WW2, they are able to re-circuit a teleporter to take them to Griffin Station. They come to discover Three other men and a girl have ALSO been battling the living dead thousands of miles below the worlds knowledge. Taking advantage of the American Teleporters they travel to the DULCE hotel (secret bunker under a hotel used as hideout for politicians during clod war) or the HAARP research centre due to the Nuclear fallout Richtofen has caused. They wait until radiation levels are stable then venture out to find any survivors. They then meet up with the Tranzit 4 in the 3rd DLC and Treyarchs job is done!

Good point, also if my speculation is correct, and Area 51 is just a floating rock in space, how do they breath, wouldn't there be a lack of oxygen in space. Plus the whole thing with "imploding in space without a pressure suit" argument. I guess I'm just throwing up counter-arguments to my own stuff, now arn't I :lol:

I also think there's alternate timelines, explaining how they don't make paradoxes, and why CotD is not covered in lava.

That actually DOES make really good sense. CoTD is in modern day which would mean the Moon incidents wouod cause it to be flooded with Lava..

As for the gravity and breathing how about we just assume that 115 is SOOO magical it forms it's OWN atmosphere around a meteor and that's why we're able to do all that. I mean, fuck logic... We've been to the Moon we can do anything in zombies! :D

That actually DOES make really good sense. CoTD is in modern day which would mean the Moon incidents wouod cause it to be flooded with Lava..

As for the gravity and breathing how about we just assume that 115 is SOOO magical it forms it's OWN atmosphere around a meteor and that's why we're able to do all that. I mean, fuck logic... We've been to the Moon we can do anything in zombies! :D

:lol:

Or they could play the old "the original 4 are super-soldiers" card again *shrug* :lol:

Yeah I think Treyarch just forgot to remove the Earth texture. People were like "omg not on earth!1!!".

Treyarch: "ummmmm yeaaaahh.. sure, we mean't to do that."

Jimmy to the zombie team: "Well so apparently there's no way for them to get off the moon because area 51 is on an asteroid in space.. Stop designing Paris, we have to make another bad moon map."

Yeah I think Treyarch just forgot to remove the Earth texture. People were like "omg not on earth!1!!".

Treyarch: "ummmmm yeaaaahh.. sure, we mean't to do that."

Jimmy to the zombie team: "Well so apparently there's no way for them to get off the moon because area 51 is on an asteroid in space.. Stop designing Paris, we have to make another bad moon map."

So you're telling me they ACCIDENTLY added an earth texture to a sky they had to Create?!? It's a different texture to the actual moon sky so they purposely put the Earth on it

This is the silliest argument ive seen on CoDz to DATE....

I thaught it was menial to argue about marltons PROFESSION on here...but .... really....

this is a new low.

Area 51 is MOST DEFINATELY on EARTH.

"dislodged".... thats asinine! C'Mon people this is sopposed to be a respecable CoD Zombies FORUM!!

If Treyarc pays sooooooo much attention to detail then why are there so many BUGS in BO2 Zombies!?! ... NOT GLITCHES... BUGS.

Why can I see the BANK WINDOWS long before i get through the fog?

Because in some cases... things arent that IMPORTANT to PAY PEOPLE TO FIX!

EVERY CORPORATION OR COMPANY ON EARTH "CUTS CORNERS" when they can to SAVE MONEY...

ppl TREYARCH are NOT GODS.... They are MEN that make mistakes and cant always go back and fix them. Textures fail when overlapping or interacting with on screen EFFECTS ALL THE TIME.

Area 51 IS ON EARTH. you sound silly trying to argue that its somehow DISLODGED and floating through space. BUT STILL HAS ITS GRAVITY AND ATMOSPHERE? get real.... come on...

so petty.... and stupid.

I don't personally support the "dislodged" theory but what is that in the sky there in this video?

If that's the Earth which it appears to be then why can we see it from Area 51 if it's on Earth? If it's on the moon somewhere outside the facility then why is it all damaged after the Nuke hit.

I'm not advocating any theories I'm just curious what everyone thinks. I doubt very seriously it was just forgotten about by Treyarch. And it sure as hell isn't a "bug."

What does that planet look like before everything is blown to shit? Anyone have a pic?

I thought that we figured this out long ago.ok so there is 2 sides of the backround for moon. The top side is when u are at area 51 without the ee done yet. (regular looking sky). when u go to moon, the backround flips over and u can see all the stars and earth. When u get the easter egg done all that happens is that the backround doesnt change when u go back to earth so it makes it look like the atmosphere is thinning (theoretically the nukes would mess with the atmosphere) so there would be the earth in the backround still because it is using the background of when u are at the moon. Hopefully that helps u guys out. Area 51 is in fact on earth.

I thought that we figured this out long ago.ok so there is 2 sides of the backround for moon. The top side is when u are at area 51 without the ee done yet. (regular looking sky). when u go to moon, the backround flips over and u can see all the stars and earth. When u get the easter egg done all that happens is that the backround doesnt change when u go back to earth so it makes it look like the atmosphere is thinning (theoretically the nukes would mess with the atmosphere) so there would be the earth in the backround still because it is using the background of when u are at the moon. Hopefully that helps u guys out. Area 51 is in fact on earth.

thank you! some common sense in the thread finally. Maybe we are wrong, where is area 51 then? if it was dislodged as ppl say... it would be fragmented into a million pieces like we see in the BO2 zombies screen. also would be hurling through space but not quick enough to get that far away from earth. for argument sake ill say perhaps your correct and this is dislodged from earth and hurling away. the earth wouldnt be fixed in the sky we would have no atmosphere and absolutely no gravity.

Where else are you proposing AREA 51 is? its on earth. we know where its at. case closed as far as im concerned. i am open to new data tho.

People are saying the original crew is STILL on the MOON as where we left them after the completion of the final MISSION or QUEST. (They are not Easter Eggs in the classic sense any more so we need to adjust the title.)

*clap clap*

I would call them Objectives, personally, since getting the Power turned on was the original objective, but now things are more complex. The Objectives typically have a first step of turning the power on anyway.

You're absolutely right.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17206

I wrote that thread about a month or so after Moon came out. The skybox just does not 'flip' when Big Bang Theory is achieved. They tried hiding it with the Hangar 18 building, unfortunately they didn't cover it all.

We all know that Moon was originally Paris. It was rushed quickly, obviously by the amount of glitches present (Cosmonaut, Excavators, Teleporting, etc). I wouldn't say the 2nd earth is a glitch. It's more that they saved space and didn't cover it up properly.

But yes, Area 51 is on earth still.

A bit offtopic but I think Maxis has his own hidden agenda of eventually controlling the zombies