Ranking System For Zombies Is Bullcrap!

Ive played zombies since it had come out. Yes thee I a ranking system and yes its inaccurate because I played a game with this guy on xbox and he was a skull and one strike but the thing was, HE WAS AMAZING! he only went down once his revives were beyond generous, and I played a couple games after with him and i tell you now he didnt disappoint. long story short this guy was superhuman and only a skull and one strike :(. but there was this guy with the top rank 5 strikes and skull and guns at the back and he was AWFUL! ive seen better players using their controller with their feet! and it just made me wonder why all the good people are getting shitty ranks while their are people with top rank and are appauling. Anyone agree? :?:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I think the ranking system is very superficial. I think Rounds are the only thing that can determine whether or not you are a good player. But the ranking system is not alone in being flawed. The Grief stats are as well. The goal of Grief is to outlive the other team. So I will do all the work to kill the opponents, going down a bunch, and the other guy gets all the kills. He thinks he's great even though I did all the work. As for the ranking system... I'm a skull. It's not going to change. Just learn to cope with it I suppose.

I agree.

Well, the dashes stand for the activity. The worst player can have 5 and the best 0, that's ok.

But the emblem, uff. It's nice, it's better than nothing. I see if players are new (bones), practiced (skull) or good (dagger). Shotgun never seen. But the problem I have is:

I play a lot and recently now just did a ton of nice high round games. And it seems impossible to reach the Shotguns. I'm stuck at my dagger for 2 months or so. (yeah yeah I know when the game was released).

While I'm stuck at my dagger, I'm asking myself what this thing with the bones is. You play 2 games and get the second bone. Play 3-4 games more, and you are at the skull. Then, you are stuck with your skull for like 1 month. After you got from rank 1 to 3 in 60min, you need to play another 100h to go from 3 to 4. And then 10000h from 4 to 5? What is that scale?

I don't know if it's just something like the K/D. But if it is, yay, I noobed too in the beginning, then I tested a lot. My K/D was only at about 80. Then I started to play for real, as said having a lot of 2000Kills/1-4 Downs games. MY "recent" K/D is for shizzle above 500, but the overall is still at 140. My feeling tells me that the 140 is taken for the calculation, not the recent 500, ergo my current skill is not represented by the emblem.

My 2 cents:

If you want to rank up emblems...

Play solo

Dont buy quick revive

Get atleast 100 kills before you get downed

And if you REALLY REALLY cant stand being at the same emblem forever...you can try this, get over 100 kills and then hit start. This will save your kills/downs ratio. Hit start and 'LEAVE GAME' ...everything will count except you wont add an extra down to your downs stats. (I've only ever done this twice)

I was frustrated too that i couldnt rank up. Now i'm at knife emblem with my formula.

Nah. Ranking system is the best that can be done.

The main factor is Kills / Downs. If you ask zombie players, that one stat is the most accurate in deciding if you are good or not.

I can boost someone that dies every round in a corner to 40, does that make him good? NO. It means he was playing with someone good.

I CANT help him not go down and get a lot of kills.

If someone only dies 1 time to every 200+ kills, they are pretty good.

I personally think they should have another rank for the even more elite players that get 300-400+ kills per down.

Ranking system is accurate enough, sure you can glitch to get a ton of kills, but I think its the best that can be done.

Nah. Ranking system is the best that can be done.

The main factor is Kills / Downs. If you ask zombie players, that one stat is the most accurate in deciding if you are good or not.

I can boost someone that dies every round in a corner to 40, does that make him good? NO. It means he was playing with someone good.

I CANT help him not go down and get a lot of kills.

If someone only dies 1 time to every 200+ kills, they are pretty good.

I personally think they should have another rank for the even more elite players that get 300-400+ kills per down.

Ranking system is accurate enough, sure you can glitch to get a ton of kills, but I think its the best that can be done.

You are using abuse of the system as support? I could play with someone where they do a running circle and I just camp and kill their Zombies and get my kill/death ratio up.

That is ridiculous. The goal of the game is to get high rounds. If you are piggybacking off of someone, then GOOD for you! What's the point in playing with friends then, according to you? If I have people willing to play with me to an insanely high round, I don't care how good they are. As long as they can stand on their two feet are willing to play a long game, they are good.

"It's not what you know, it's who you know." That's how real life works. It is how Zombies works.

Kill/death is flawed because it encourages game-quitting, playing solo, ignoring your friends, and not using Tombstone.

You could kill someones train until a high round.

Try that at round 35,

Why does it not encourage tombstone? If you go down, you go down. Actually it ENCOURAGES the use more because you don't get revived mid round with no perks and die again due to no jug.

I don't use tombstone because i honestly never go down. By the time i get my first down (if at all until the last one of the game) I have thousands of points saved and can get all perks I need quickly.

After I get Stam-up, Jug, Knuckles im good to go. Tombstone is a crutch for bad-medium players. Really good players do not use it much. Im not talking about the round 40 heroes, Im talking about the people like me that just don't die, can run trains anywhere, ect.

If the ranking system was round based, then i could boost ANYONE ONE EARTH to a high rank. Ive went into public matches with randoms with bones or just the skull and asked what their high round is and they say 18 or something really low. My reply is no worried, how much time do you have, and i proceed to get them to the low 30s and quit due to time with them having downs in the 20-50 range.

If your good you don't go down, that translates to high rounds.

And the point of zombies is not to make high rounds, it is to STAY ALIVE. Staying alive will get you to high rounds.

Im sorry if I offend you because you cant get shotguns or LOL Dagger. All you need for dagger is like a 70 to 1 K/D. If you can't get that then you are one of the bads that I carry. Sorry but its the truth.

Im sorry if I offend you because you cant get shotguns or LOL Dagger. All you need for dagger is like a 70 to 1 K/D. If you can't get that then you are one of the bads that I carry. Sorry but its the truth.

Please lose the pretense, because you are not sorry. You should lose the attitude and personal derisions, as it does not help your case. In fact, it just makes people ignore you since part of your support is personal insults. I know I'm a good player. Whether or not you believe is not my concern.

Dont buy quick revive

Playing solo is not a bad idea, as it tends to get your overall stats up. I ranked up mostly from online solo and pub matches. However, I'm not so sure about the not buying QR idea. I always, always buy QR when playing solo. Always. I've seen my tally marks go down to nothing (by not staying active on my other account), but my emblem never went down to a previous rank.

@HarpoGoldenx: From what I've seen, players with dagger emblems and up are pretty good in general. The ones with only skull are harder to tell - some are decent, some are terrible. About the awful player, it could've been a number of things (even good players have off days, it could've been someone else playing and not the account owner, etc.) but you shouldn't think all players with rank 4 or 5 emblems are bad.

@Tom852: I noobed it too in the beginning on my main account. It was probably why it took longer to get to rank 5 on it (I got it sooner on this, my alt). But I got there eventually, so don't lose hope. I do think the ranking has more to do with overall stats, not just recent games.

Honestly, I don't know too much about the ranking system. All I know is I have 2 accounts and they're both rank 5, so I guess I must be doing something right.

I have a suggestion to those who really, really want to rank up, but I can't guarantee it'll work. I guess it's just something to try for those who are willing:

[*:2so77hq5]create a new account (probably makes it easier to rank up on a clean slate)
    [*:2so77hq5]create a custom game (so your friends can join - more people, more fun?)
    [*:2so77hq5]play up to round 20-25, or maybe until you get around 1000 kills and try not to go down
    [*:2so77hq5]end the game, start another
    [*:2so77hq5]rinse and repeat

If you try this, please do it in custom so you don't grief pub match players. I sometimes survive a host migration, but my game usually freezes soon after a 2nd migration in the same game.

Lastly, I would suggest to just have fun with the game and not to think too much about the ranking and emblems. Or maybe at least focus more on playing a good game consistently. As I mentioned previously, I got the shotties emblem on my alternate account first before I got it on my main, and it was actually when I decided to just keep playing and not worry too much about the minute details.

It's kind of like when time seems to pass by slower when you're waiting and watching the clock. KnowwhatImean?

Never said you were bad. I've never played with you.

All i'm saying is that it is not true that a better measure of skill is rounds rather than K/D.

My K/D is almost 300 right now and still climbing every time I play. That means on the average I'm at round 20 before my first death.

It is actually higher than that by a ton, but when I first got BO2 i was exploring, testing and so on.

I would say 50% of my downs are from stupid double hits on round 1-5 before I get jug. Knowing that, It would mean I have a K/D at almost 600 after Jug.

I just don't want the "well you got shotguns and a 400 K/D but you never got to lvl 50 noob" things to start. I honestly have not had time to get to the 50s on tranzit, just haven't had 10 hours of my life to put into one game.

If you look at my highest tranzit its 41 with 3000 kills and NO downs because i just left the game.

Doesn't mean im bad because I have a life. And doesn't make you good if you have no life and can ride someone's coat tail to 50.

Show me a bad player that has a K/D as high as me and you win 100%. No arguments and Ill say I am sorry.

I CAN show you a bad player with a round 67 on Kino because I carried him to it. He had over 100 downs. That was my little brother.

I'm putting on record that...

*Ahem*

I TOLD YOU GUYS :!: :lol:

(family guy joke)

I'm like that woman from hindsight

Mmmmhhhhh I told you

Mmmmmmmhhhhhmmmm and what did I tell you? Exactly what just happened!

Did I tell you? Cuz I told you! And wwhhheeennnn did I tell you a LOOOONG time-a-go!

Now seriously the ranking system is garbage, especially those stupid skull pics, people take one look at my four-slash skull and assume I'm a noob, I'm not! I just can't play zombies every day! As for greif, I understand how leaving a match should count as a loss, but being disconnected is QUITE another matter...

Ranks are pretty accurate from what I've seen. Crossbones suck, Skulls are ok, knives are good, shotguns are great.

But the thing is its determined by how much you play, not how good you are, I saw a compleat noob the other day who said the only reason he has a knife was because he let his little 12 year old siblings play all day, he never had better then round 15 on four player tranzit, and round 12 on solo... As for greif I THINK he was 11 and 22 town and 12 and 21 farm....

He wasn't good he just played a lot...

Ill say if you let someone stupid play your account then your rank won't be as good. BUT same thing with K/D in multiplayer.

Make a guest account, solved.

I have not played with a single double shotgun that doesn't deserve it. I had a crazy game with 3 double shotguns and one skull only that we got to round 30 and all the shotguns had 0-1 downs and the skull had 5 or so and I had to leave the game.

I still put up the dare to show me a bad player with my K/D or better. Glitching is the only way that is possible.

I mean 300 kills to every down is just plain good. No doubts.

I can still show plenty of people bad players with rounds of 40+.

That being said, Im about to go for another very high round solo tranzit. last one did a error time out thing at 40 with no downs.

They need to fix that.

All i'm saying is that it is not true that a better measure of skill is rounds rather than K/D.

My K/D is almost 300 right now and still climbing every time I play. That means on the average I'm at round 20 before my first death.

It is actually higher than that by a ton, but when I first got BO2 i was exploring, testing and so on.

I would say 50% of my downs are from stupid double hits on round 1-5 before I get jug. Knowing that, It would mean I have a K/D at almost 600 after Jug.

I just don't want the "well you got shotguns and a 400 K/D but you never got to lvl 50 noob" things to start. I honestly have not had time to get to the 50s on tranzit, just haven't had 10 hours of my life to put into one game.

If you look at my highest tranzit its 41 with 3000 kills and NO downs because i just left the game.

Doesn't mean im bad because I have a life. And doesn't make you good if you have no life and can ride someone's coat tail to 50.

Show me a bad player that has a K/D as high as me and you win 100%. No arguments and Ill say I am sorry.

I CAN show you a bad player with a round 67 on Kino because I carried him to it. He had over 100 downs. That was my little brother.

Dude.. This is the cockiest shit iv'e ever seen on this forum. Please tell me the secret of how you're so good while maintaining a social life.

Anyways.. I'm going to go ahead and say K/D doesn't show your true skill. True skill is getting out of tight situations, being able to run trains in awful spots, the mental focus needed to get to 100+, and much more.. There's no way they could make a formula for those, so they took the easy way out and made it Kill/Death.

Dude.. This is the cockiest shit iv'e ever seen on this forum. Please tell me the secret of how you're so good while maintaining a social life.

Anyways.. I'm going to go ahead and say K/D doesn't show your true skill. True skill is getting out of tight situations, being able to run trains in awful spots, the mental focus needed to get to 100+, and much more.. There's no way they could make a formula for those, so they took the easy way out and made it Kill/Death.

You are quite a cocky person saying that your so amazing and do all this great stuff and "carry people to around round 60" no one really wants to hear it tbh all i care about is stuff about how the ranking system works not how u play the game :?