Identifying glitches (not what you think)

What is the proper procedure for reporting glitches to Treyarch. I have a couple that I have experienced multiple times now and would like to 1.) see if you guys have experienced them or have others 2. report them to Treyarch to be fixed in future updates if they haven't already. Sorry if this was previously discussed but I didn't see it. Thanks with sharing and helping here!

PS3

1.) Diner roof glitch. If one player is jumping down through the hatch while another player is climbing up it will kill one or both. If you are downed and sitting on top of the ladder part of the hatch you will down anyone trying to jump up to help you. (I can recreate this at will) So frustrating when you just bought knuckles and go to jump down and someone is jumping up, downs you and you not only lose your knuckles but also the money you just spent on them.

2.) When on the bus heading to the farm from the diner a random glitch will cause you to not just go down but die instantly. (cannot recreate this one at will) This has happened to my friend and I both. No zombies around at all. When you get downed it doesn't allow revive. Just kills you instantly and you have to wait for the round to end.

-When it happened to me I had hit the PS button to check a message. When I came back I was dead. I thought it had to do with me going into the PS menu until my friend did it yesterday.

-No zombies around, just riding the bus and around the same exact spot he went down and disappeared right in front of my brother who was standing in front of him on the bus.

3.)When the hatch or part is dropped on the bus from someone going down you can't pick it back up and it doesn't seem to disappear and respawn in its original spot like when you get downed in lava. (this is annoying and may have been patched as I haven't seen it for awhile)

Location glitches

I don't want to go into all of these as it gives kids a place to find any new ones but there is still a glitch in the lava room at power and a couple shield glitches that I know of.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) This happens anytime 2 players "enter" each other and is a fix to a barrier glitch from WaW. It will not be patched.

2) Caused by lag, something bad happens results in insta-death. You can hear Richtofen's laugh when this occurs. Most likely will never be patched.

3) This is annoying and could be patched.

The best way to report bugs to Treyarch is by posting them on COD forums: http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/forums/spaces/technical_support

Isn't that called "bugs"?

Bug = Error in the game

Glitch = Error in the game that players can use as an advantage.

On PC, I can right now just think of

a) Game crash when watching leaderboard (is reported already)

B) Zombies killed on top, inside or at windows of the bus don't do a proper dying animation / can't see quite often if they are dead or not.

[ c) you have been disconnected from the COD servers.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ]

Personally I consider anything that doesn't work as intended to be a glitch.

Definitely connection issues. Even the one where the game won't make a solo lobby.. wth is that?

Many issues with host migration and connections but I left them out due to how hard it is to analyze each case and determine how much of the problem is on their end or on a players end. This game seems to rely heavily on connection stability. As soon as ones connection starts to fluxuate a little bit boom you lose someone. I've lost soo many good games looking promising for high rounds and boom someone or myself drops out. So long leaderboards, now its just bank as much as you can, throw a PaP gun in the fridge and start over or call it a night.

If the host migrates then when you come back the green lights are white like the powers off but they still work as if the power is still on when creating a portal.

Last night I took my PaP Galil out of the fridge like I always do, used it for a few rounds and then went to put it back once I had another good gun packed. This time it wouldn't let me put it in there. It let me put my packed M16 but wouldn't let me put the Galil back. I had this routine with the same Galil for about 5 games straight. I'm not sure if it was a limitation or a glitch. (btw, every new game you pull it out the crosshair will change as if you repacked it. Thought that was cool)

Fans float in mid air or shoot across the screen at times.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I thought it was cool. Last night I made a portal. Let a Denizen jump on my head and scratch me once, jumped into the portal and when I came out the other side the Denizen on my head jumped off and made another portal immediately.

The purpose of this post is to not only report to Treyarch the more persistent or important glitches but to also raise awareness for everyone. If you've noticed anything weird please let us know. I'll rewrite my original post with formatting to reflect our consolidated list.

I had a glitch happen when pressed the Xbox button on the controller while the loading screen for Town was on (i was also playing online) When the game started, the loading screen was still on there, albeit shrunk a little on the sides, where I could actually see the map being played. I could still control the game and everything.

Another one I had was when your screen blurs up a lit (purposely) after I think drinking a perk or something (or maybe a nuke) the blurryness stayed for ever until I decided to try to fix it by killing myself, which worked. This happened in TranZit.

on ps3, sometimes the sound goes crazy for nothing, you can't hear anything except for the teammates mics for the rest of the game, only solution reboot... this happens a lot these times.

YEa everyone I know has had this at least once. You can actually just end game through your PS3 menu and restart the disc and it will fix, you don't necessarily have to reboot.

I had a similar thing happen but with all the sound effects in the game except the sound of shooting (for exanmple I heard zombies and barriers breaking, but my olympia made no sound when shooting). Another thing about the Olympia, the animation shows him reloading two bullets, but in the lower right corner it shows both bullets being reloaded the first time, and no bullet the second (which is possibly makes it the best gun to reload cancel with). Sorry about the massive compound sentence.

YEa everyone I know has had this at least once. You can actually just end game through your PS3 menu and restart the disc and it will fix, you don't necessarily have to reboot.

At least once, you kidding? At least once a day! :P

An easier fix is just to leave zombies and go into the multiplayer or campaign menus, and then return. The audio works fine. It's just kinda shitty when you're at a high round.

lol, it's apparently worse for some than others. I've had this a total of 3 times since I got the game when it came out.

When jumping across a longer lava pit right at the end once you're across and the red has completely gone from the screen I've had a few times now where a Denizen will jump on my head and I'll go bright red instantly. This doesn't happen every time, and again all the red from jumping across the lava has dissipated and it still turns bright red and downs you if you're not super quick on the knife.

I have gotten on top of the bus with no ladder on. In the tunnel when the bus was going fast I jump up against the bus where the ladder goes and it kinda half sticks to the bus and jump again and it popped me up on top of it. Only works when moving fast and could have had something to do with the wall being behind me as well.