Treyarch Movie Hints In Zombies

Ok I know a lot of you already know about the Back to the Future reference and the Simpsons reference (though that wasn't in zombie mode) and a few others. But today I just noticed another one.

Black Ops 1 had the hacker device which could open doors for 200 points instead of the usual 750 pts, 1000 pts, or 1250 pts. It opened doors for us yes, among the other 10,000 things you could use it for. But I was watching Die Hard today and I heard the same noise I heard in Black Ops Zombies Moon map while using the hacker to open up a door. Take a listen for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUOXn9b8dkg

Now compare that to the noise of the hacker opening up a door in Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgzScAVn9-A

Another thing I'd like to point out is the classic M1911 used in Black Ops 2. It's the one from WaW. Black Ops had a shiny silver M1911 and WaW had the black one. Now Black Ops 2 is using the M1911 that was used in WaW instead of the cleaner shinier looking one from Black Ops 1.

World At War M1911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ovG3EG0J8

Black Ops M1911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mxcleg75wI

Black Ops 2 M1911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDfsLFPuL-A

By the way, I just grabbed 3 vids off youtube to show u guys the differences between the guns. I don't have any rights to the videos because they aren't mine. Just throwing that out there.

But why the change back to WaW style? Is it becaues it was easier to put into the game? Or is it because Treyarch are letting us know that we're going back to the old days of zombie slaying? Or is it just something that probably wasn't supposed to be notcied because it's such a small minor detail and it means nothing?

Regards,

ZombiCidal

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres also heaps of Indiana Jones references too.

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of Skulls = Nukteown

Nacht Der Untoten: (courtesy of AlphaSnake's Ultimate Media Thread)

This is from Faust's thread in the Asylum - El Dorado, Akakor

You know Faust what you said about Akakor in the new Indiana Jones film reminded me, what's with all the indiana jones references?

You should built this thread as a library on all the references in which 3arc draw from.

hahaha it's awesome to discover things like this! I was just sittin there watching Die Hard and I kind of lost concentration because I was talking at the time. Then I heard the noise and was like "wait a minute!!! that sounds familiar!!"

Love those Indiana Jones references. I'm not totally sure this is a nod to the movie in some way shape or form...but it's fun to figure this stuff out lol. It could just be a random noise that was used in several things...or it's a nod to the movie. I'm hoping it's a nod because lets face it...Die Hard is a KICK ASS Flick!

Theres also heaps of Indiana Jones references too.

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of Skulls = Nukteown

One of the loading screens to Zombies shows a warehouse which is off another IJ Movie too.

This is from Faust's thread in the Asylum - El Dorado, Akakor

You know Faust what you said about Akakor in the new Indiana Jones film reminded me, what's with all the indiana jones references?

You should built this thread as a library on all the references in which 3arc draw from.

Thanks for all the information here my friend. KICK ASS!!! That's so cool that Treyach throws that kind of stuff in the games. It makes it so much cooler to play and discover things.

I literally just watched die hard yesterday lol. I quote it in my signature a lot too. It's one of my favorite movies!

I made an entire thread about "back to the future" references a while back. There really were quite a few. There are also references to other video games as well. I remember a quote from Dempsey on moon "oh, sorry zombies but I'm all out of gum!" a reference to Duke Nukem's amous line "it's time to kick add and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

I literally just watched die hard yesterday lol. I quote it in my signature a lot too. It's one of my favorite movies!

I made an entire thread about "back to the future" references a while back. There really were quite a few. There are also references to other video games as well. I remember a quote from Dempsey on moon "oh, sorry zombies but I'm all out of gum!" a reference to Duke Nukem's amous line "it's time to kick add and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

There's also a movie from the 80's called "They Live" with Rowdy Roddy Piper which has HIS catch phrase in the movie, which is "I came here to do two things. Kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum!" haha so maybe Duke Nukem got that phrase from that movie too.

Not sure if this has Been mentioned yet, but theres a movie reference for the "kill a denizen" acheivement,

I don't think they exist...

The princess bride:(funny) but what about the ROUS? Rodents of unusual size? I dont think they exist... (dive attack from giant rat) :lol:

I actually made a thread on this when the achievements were released. Good times.

There are loads of "fourth-wall" impossible pop culture references through quotes, like Dempsey using Charlie sheen's catch phrase in Shang. "Winning!" and many others.

Treyarch loves movie references! From Back to the Future to Total Recall, they seem to get a kick out of referencing old films. :mrgreen:

I never caught the Total Recall reference. But I love that movie! The Arnold one. Never actually saw the new Total Recall. But yea, I'm gonna have to check that out. I can't believe I let that one slip past me.

This just might be a coincidence, but I was looking around for info on 'Electric Neck Collars' & this is all I can find (it's nearly identical to the collars some Zombies wear.

A movie called Wedlock (used to be called Deadlock)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedlock_(film)

Hmm. Curious. Those collars on the zombies may have more significance than we know. If Treyarch did us this movie as a template to create those zombie collars, perhaps I might have to sit down and watch it. It might hold some clues.