Is 'Die Rise' the real name for our new map?

Anyone else think 'Die Rise' doesen't sound like a zombie map name? I don't think it sounds 'professional(?)' enough to be a name for a zombie map.

So i was wondering, prior to the release of Black ops 2, gamestop and other gaming retailers across the world had a poster for call of duty black ops 2, however it was called eclipse.

Obviously we know eclipse isn't the name for this years call of duty, and (too my knowledge) there has been no findings as to why it was labelled eclipse.

I'm just saying, treyarch have done it before and can do it again.

Maybe Die Rise isn't the name for our map. Likewise with Eclipse, I think it doesen't sound right? Please comment on what you think. :D

Then again, Bus Depot doesent really sound 'Zombie map-ish'. I just can't see saying to someone 'Hey, coming on Die Rise'? sounding right :lol:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still convinced that's a fake name... However, I think the name has some meaning...

Unlike most everyone else, Ive seen, I think the reason "die rise" is spelt so odd like is to signify that the map will be broken into an English and German parts, hense half the title begging German (die) and the other half English (rise)

Not to sound like an attack but I wholeheartedly disagree with both of you. The name to me sounds fine it's a pun of the term "High Rise" removing High with Die making "Die Rise". If it were to be a mix of German and English this is not how they would do it considering that Die is both English and German, not only that but it is the Feminine version of The making it sound silly. The reason it's like this and why it's red is to symbolize that that's the word being played on. High Rise makes complete senses, tall buildings, helicopters, large city, just screams tall building locations or "High Rises". It's just a pun, plus with recent maps it doesn't seem like they are trying to make fancy other language titles in German of Japanese, they have Green Run, Town, Farm, Nuketown, all simpler map names sure this name doesn't fit in the trend of BO1 but in BO2 it fits.

Think of it like this, Die is very intentional. If they simply wanted to day the dead are rising they would call it "Dead Rise" if they were to mix languages it would be "The Steigen" why would they use a word that could be both languages if it were to symbolize a mix of them? It doesn't make sense. The map name I'm convinced is "Die Rise" to make a pun of the name "High Rise" to show us it is a high up in the building setting.

TranZit was a stupid pun, so is this.

Fits perfectly.

I just had a spark in my mind! (Sorry if someone has already linked this together..)

TranZit was indeed a pun for transit, Z standing for Zombie. With a bus being our means of transportation.

Maybe Die Rise is our new TranZit type game mode, Die Rise being a pun for high rise. With the helicopter that people spotted out being our means of transportation, or maybe a series of ziplines. I really don't see a helicopter fitting in with zombies. Of course "Die" replacing the "Z".

Still why call it something so close to der reise? Then there's the fact it's neither a waw name or a blops name... It's a mix of the two, if it was all English it would read: the rise, if it was all German it would be Die Anstieg, I still don't think it would just be a pun off high rise... Trayarch is better then that... I'm hoping the maps real name would be either die Anstieg, the rise, rise, or just Anstieg, but not something so... Of tounge... :P

TranZit was a stupid pun, so is this.

Fits perfectly.

I just had a spark in my mind! (Sorry if someone has already linked this together..)

TranZit was indeed a pun for transit, Z standing for Zombie. With a bus being our means of transportation.

Maybe Die Rise is our new TranZit type game mode, Die Rise being a pun for high rise. With the helicopter that people spotted out being our means of transportation, or maybe a series of ziplines. I really don't see a helicopter fitting in with zombies. Of course "Die" replacing the "Z".

No shit sherlock :lol:

Then why not.. High Rize. Lol

They why not make the name of the game mode Transit?

BECAUSE IT'S ZOMBIES

Die Rise......TranZit. That's the name, no mix of maps, no mix of languages, its just a bad pun. It's just a bad pun nothing more nothing less.

Haha I meant Die RiZe