Navcard Theory

TheMrCossack

I was listening to all of the quotes of the bus driver and came across the one about new route learned. To be specific, "New route learned, cross referencing mapping software, automatic route guidance still in effect." Now this got me thinking, how would the bus driver learn a new route? With a Navcard, which is the obvious part. Then I thought how would you get it to work? Maybe through the navcard reader under the pylon. But how would I do that? Maybe you have to have somebody EMP the bus so that it shuts down, and then insert the Navcard? Then when the bus restarts maybe he will say that quote. It seems kind of like a long shot, but maybe it might work. Has anybody tried this?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=26598

To answer any and all questions regarding NavCards. Yes, there are many wild guesses that the card will open up alternate routes for the bus. Considerably so, there is only one area to utilize the card: underneath the pylon using the NavCard reader. I understand that it's a "navigation card" (not an Net Asset Value like so many people consider it to be), however, it is regarded both in-game and in the coding snippets. Perhaps it will open a new path down the road, perhaps it won't. Until we get the next DLC, we can't claim 100% legitimacy on anything yet.