Die Rise and Turned Trailer Breakdown

Afrochubman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe [Die] and [Rise] are two different maps. Just a thought. I was hoping for more than just one zombie map.

If it was two different maps wouldn't they separate them?

Plus now that i look back on it i think Die Rise might be a pun(?) on High rise.

Sorry :lol:

It looks seperated by color. That or the map is actually called RISE and the part in red is just there to remind you it's zombies. Either way, I can't see why they would name it Die Rise.

:mrgreen:

I am pretty positive the word "rise" does not exist on the German language, as the word for the verb "to rise" has an entirely different translation. So it is most certainly a reference to "high rise". Probably not the map itself, but just the idea of high rises in a map.

I calling it-- it's L.A. 2025. Remember the surpris trailer? It showed zombie's there. NOTHING has no meaning when it comes to treyarch. Also a member here showed that there was a gun chalk outline on a wall in one shot of the trailer. Then the game came out and nothing about LA was included in zombies. Now we have a hint that a map will feature high-rises, and it includes a shot of a destroyed city. That paired with the aforementioned info makes me really think it's going to be LA.

One other thing to point out...

Verrückt and ascendion are our two triple-crown maps. Their location is featured in their respective games' campaign, multiplayer, and zombies (wittenau and baikonir). They also happen to be the first DLC zombies map for each game. Maybe the first DLC of this game will then be yet another triple-crown map? With everything I said before in mind, I have no doubt that it will be LA.

Err excuse you, I called it days before with proof, see viewtopic.php?f=100&t=26755

I always enjoy the first map pack the most, it always feels fresh and revolutionary. Can't wait to see you "zombie experts" put in your place when they announce the timeline is in the future or present :mrgreen:

You know who you are

Can't wait for the trailer later in the month!

Ok apparently it's called Revolution, and for BO1 we had F-E-A-R, so does anyone wanna make any guesses on what word will be spelled out with the BO2 DLC? We know it is 4 letters and the first one is R...

I looked into this one. I'm calling R-A-G-E. It's the only four letter R word that would make sense. That or R-U-G-S. But I doubt it would be rugs.

race, rack, racy, rads, raft, raga, rage, rags, raid, rail, rain, rake, ramp, rams, rand, rang, rank, rant, rape, raps, rapt, rare, rash, rasp, rate, rats, rave, rays, raze, razz, rcpt, read, real, ream, reap, rear, recd, redo, reds, reed, reef, reek, reel, refs, rein, rely, rems, rend, rent, reps, resp, rest, revs, rhea, rial, ribs, rice, rich, rick, ride, rids, rife, riff, rift, rigs, rile, rill, rime, rims, rind, ring, rink, riot, ripe, rips, rise, risk, rite, rive, road, roam, roan, roar, robe, robs, rock, rode, rods, roes, roil, role, roll, romp, rood, roof, rook, room, root, rope, ropy, rose, rosy, rota, rote, rots, roue, rout, roux, rove, rows, rube, rubs, ruby, ruck, rude, rued, rues, ruff, rugs, ruin, rule, rump, rums, rune, rung, runs, runt, ruse, rush, rusk, rust, ruts

I would guess either Reap or Rise. Who knows, maybe there's a fifth DLC not included in the season pass.. Or maybe it doesn't spell anything and Treyarch is trolling.

Die (high) rise?.....manhatten (down) anyone?

Tbh treyarch are silly, so many n00bs will be saying zomfg its der riese in the future (much like the whole wunderwaffle thing)

Ripples on a pond bro ..... Ripples on a pond :idea:

Indeed mate

Off topic, where you been bro? Not seen you about since Erm Ascension, you still taking a break from zombies?

I immediately thought Der Riese 2025 when I saw the name. Only because it is so similar to it. :lol:

If Die Rise is the name, than I don't think it's German. I think it's English, so it's actually DIE and RISE. However I'll wait till they actually produce a trailer or official statement before I talk about the name. Because remember when everyone thought Call of the Dead was going to be called Survive? Very possible it could be the same situation here.

I see the helicopter, reminds me of the Aftermath map. Going towards the rooftop theory, hopefully it will be our Tranzport.

All in all, I'm excited. I hope we get some relevant backstory with a lot of Answers in this DLC instead of getting more Questions. I gotta know more about Misty Treyarch! :D

I wonder if we can beat the most users online set by Ascension for this DLC?

Can't wait to see you "zombie experts" put in your place when they announce the timeline is in the future or present :mrgreen:

You know who you are

What does the time for this map have to do with Nuketown? We were discussing that map, not Green Run or any other maps. So even if this is 2025 (it looks like it), it has nothing to do with Nuketowns timeframe.

• Administrators

If this map turns out to be future-based (which looks like will be the case), then perhaps we are getting introduced to a new group of characters? It doesn't seem like our oh-so favorite Green Run cast has any means of teleporting. May, just maybe, we may see the original four (well, minus Richtofen and replaced with Samantha). I put my money on a new group though.

I hope we stay with the T-crew. I'll be thoroughly disappointed otherwise.

Let's not forget, Denizen's are our answer to teleporting. As was the MTD for the O4, than Richtofen learned it was capable of time travel, so it's very possible they could learn to time travel (maybe not with the Denizens).

I think that Black Ops 2 Zombies is all about the Nuclear Age.

What time frame? No idea, don't really care.

Green Run & Nuketown are, so why not the rest?

I do like Matuzz' idea of Japan? Since the Plutonium for the 'Fatman' Bomb was produced at the Hanford Site & was one of the bombs that was dropped on Japan. (I mean no offense if that is sensitive to anyone on CoDz)

Either way, I don't care. I just want a good TranZit Map with heaps of juicy story!

Could the zombie map not just be called Rise? They put Die at the start because it is a zombie map, there was also the word die at the diner in TranZit (among other words). Unless there is another reason for Die being put there (like others have said about becoming a zombie, 4v4 stuff).

• Administrators

This.

We had the Space Race in Black Ops, and now we are dealing with something more extreme. When you think about it, the Moon was not a far-fetched idea whatsoever (although when we barely started playing Kino and Five, we never took the idea as seriously as we do now). After what we encountered with the ballistic missiles impacting the Earth, it forces us to shift our focus to a much larger scale. Not necessarily the Easter Egg, though. The Atomic Age is bound immediately after.

To be honest, I too do not care exactly on what time frame the maps take place. We can figure those things out once we get all the kinks worked out when finishing the Easter Egg per map. The atomic bomb that hit Nagasaki (Fat Man Bomb) could have a particular twist ton it, after all. Who says there was no 115 infused in it by the Americans to test it? Now of course, we all know what happens when the Americans try these crazy things out (Nuketown anyone?), but who's to say this hasn't occurred to Japan as well?

I feel somewhere along the lines, Treyarch will throw us a curveball using this assumption with, oh I don't know - the Chernobyl Disaster in 1986? Seems more likely to be a key event in out zombies story. Or how about the Three Mile Island incident (which actually occurs before Chernobyl but hey - it belongs to this particular time period of nuclear viscosity)?

• Moderators

What time frame? No idea, don't really care.

Green Run & Nuketown are, so why not the rest?

I do like Matuzz' idea of Japan? Since the Plutonium for the 'Fatman' Bomb was produced at the Hanford Site & was one of the bombs that was dropped on Japan. (I mean no offense if that is sensitive to anyone on CoDz)

Either way, I don't care. I just want a good TranZit Map with heaps of juicy story!

Could the zombie map not just be called Rise? They put Die at the start because it is a zombie map, there was also the word die at the diner in TranZit (among other words). Unless there is another reason for Die being put there (like others have said about becoming a zombie, 4v4 stuff).

Yey,yes.

I mean after all Japan is the land of the rising sun,right?

I like the idea of the map beeing called "Rise".

And Die would be a new game mode or something like that.

Or maybe a seperate survival map?

Can't wait. ^.^

I feel somewhere along the lines, Treyarch will throw us a curveball using this assumption with, oh I don't know - the Chernobyl Disaster in 1986? Seems more likely to be a key event in out zombies story. Or how about the Three Mile Island incident (which actually occurs before Chernobyl but hey - it belongs to this particular time period of nuclear viscosity)?

Well said & you gave me a few Ideas InfestLithium :idea:

I should change Nuclear Age to 'Atom Age'

A note in Der Riese says something like "they were able to create 115 by colliding Americium 245 and Calcium 48 atoms together"

(I wish I could find it..... Tac! Bring me the file!)

Going along the lines of Japan & looking at the other Multiplayer Maps shown, particularly 'Mirage', it has to be Japan? Is that how MP DLC works? Same type of map/textures for each DLC? I don't play MP so I'm unsure. (there's also what looks to be a helicopter at the top in the middle of the mirage picture?)

Mirage

What if it's something such as the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant disaster? That was caused by an earthquake & then was hit by the subsequent Tsunami aswell I believe? Goes along the lines of Distasters the Bus Driver mentions??? Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Volcano's????

• Administrators

What if it's something such as the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant disaster? That was caused by an earthquake & then was hit by the subsequent Tsunami aswell I believe? Goes along the lines of Distasters the Bus Driver mentions??? Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Volcano's????

More than likely that this will be mentions/implemented either very soon or near future DLCs. If what you're basing off of is correct, we are definitely hitting the Atom Age and the disasters of many nuclear facilities or even questionable areas pertaining to it will be present. Already, Green Run and Nuketown follow this given "schematic". The events of the Fukushima would be a horribly distraught area for zombies...just the way we like it.

It may be a little too soon for Treyarch to impose such an incident that has occurred only a year ago, but you never know.

It may be a little too soon for Treyarch to impose such an incident that has occurred only a year ago, but you never know.

I was also thinking too soon.......& Fukushima was miles away from any city like what you see in the pic.

Then again, Green Run had no resemblance of being at a Nuclear Site (apart from Hazardous waste containers & such)

Theres more story speculating this than in Green Run :lol:

Really doubt it's Japan, more like china if anything, or la. I know you can see the kanji, but Japan is not involved with bo2 storyline in any way, zombies never went anywhere completely otherwise uninvolved, it was either based off something from multi or campaign. Maybe the map will be something in the gist of cargo, but more urban? If they make new dlc weapons, is there a chance of new weapons being made for zombies? Not wonder weapon for the level, but new infantry weapons, like peacekeeper for mp. I would like to see a handheld chain gun,  something like 1919 a portable turret gun turned into, and death machine powerup.

I for one think this could be true. The Jan. 29 date is not a release date for the map pack. I believe the date it will be released like it was 2 years (?) ago (I started in February AFTER the first map pack came out). Ascension was released in February. I believe this will happen around the same time. I also believe this is a real leak. I am going to be taking screenies a ton because THIS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN!! MAKE NO MISTAKE. THIS IS STILL A LEAK! The rules state it will be taken down but i am going to take as many pics as possible and see what happens.

I have no idea on this one. Sometimes i can tell perhaps even give a theory but i am stumped. Die Rise? perhaps we should look at the lettering. What was dropped and what was added? I dunno (I am currently eating a lobster with mashed potatoes and steak. Gotta love new years) but someone will think of something.

I hope this is real and I believe we may be seeing something interesting. Whatever the place is there is one thing we will know: THERE WILL BE A TOWER/PYLON/BIG GIGANTIC OBVIOUS TOWER. So Paris, Germany, Tokyo, and other major comspolitan areas maybe be seen.

Please dissect and if anyone has any really good theories i hope you will PM me =)