The Whens

ZombicidalManiac

The survival maps we play on Green Run aren't played with the 4 characters from TranZit, rather they are played by the CDC and CIA. With that said, we know these are the characters we use in Nuketown Zombies. So we know that Nuketown Zombies takes place during Moon (because Treyarch said so) but when do the survival maps from Green Run take place? Before or after TranZit?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking after as well, but if you play the survival maps, there's a tarp over the work benches. During a zombie apocalypse, I'd imagine that putting a tarp over work benches is pretty far off the list of things to do. So perhaps the survival maps take place before TranZit. Though I could be way off, and the survival maps have nothing to do with the story what so ever. But it would be a first for Treyarch to put out a survival map that had nothing to do with the story...besides Dead Ops Arcade.

Survival on Green Run isn't EXACTLY canon. Well it is, sorta. Basically, you've got TranZit and Grief. The CDC and CIA fight each other, story-wise and gameplay-wise. Survival is just like Grief, but only with one side. So the implications aren't very high for Survival unless it lacks a Grief mode.

And I think Grief/Survival happened after TranZit. The reason I think this is because Richtofen is very talkative in Grief, but in TranZit his first quote is him cracking up from having not spoken in a long time. Thus, TranZit, then Grief/Survival.

• Administrators

This map is difficult to decipher. We've got Grief Mode between the CIA and CDC, as well as survival. I'd almost say that they arrived separately in group, like survival. Then the other branch came and they fought, reflecting Grief. Then they may have died or something, I don't know, and our four characters arrive and TranZit occurs right then.

Oh yea MMX Richtofen does talk a lot during Grief which may imply that the CDC/CIA stuff occurs afterwards. I'm gonna do a full on analysis of these maps soon...just to see if I can find any clues anywhere.

Yea Tac, Green Run boggles my mind. I can't figure anything out. It was so much simpler in BO. Maybe time will come into play again. Any maybe these characters we play as in TranZit will wind up being from a lot of different era's in time. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. Could these things actually be following the campaign in terms of time? Could this be our world in 2025 if Richtofen gets his way?

• Administrators

I figured the CIA/CDC came in a tad before Tranzit occurs. It's really hard to point in evidence leading to it, but it seems more logical for the them to first-respond to the event in Green Run. Just as they have Nuketown, they come to survey the area and take note of what has occurred due to the ballistic missiles. In Grief, it's a matter of who will be the one with all the info and survive. Survival is the same aspect, after Grief occurring. Then Tranzit comes into the picture.

Great Question ZombicidalManiac!

Maybe the CDC/CIA playable characters during Grief/Survival have no inclusion to the actual storyline? Maybe not.

Do you think 3arc thought of this as the community would ask questions such as this?

Its possible that they are there prior to our Green Run Characters simply because we always end up Dieing?

The only way to 'Survive' is to Teleport? (which we never see)

Thank you PINNAZ. With Treyarch knowing there'd be many more people playing zombies this time around, it's possible that they could have just added certain things for fun. But us die hard fans of the series are ALWAYS going to look deep into the depths of the mode. So maybe Treyarch is just trying to make everyone happy. But I still look deep. And I don't know much (if anything) about programming a game, but I think it would be easier for the programmers to remove the work benches rather than place a tarp over them. Again, I know little to nothing about how to program a game. So I wouldn't know. But I'd imagine that removing the work benches would be easier than adding new textures and things by placing tarps over them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We all know nuketown is set before moon. I think the characters from tranzit were in green run a little bit before the moon thing, because at the start of every game theres no lava . And the lava was caused by the 3 bomb things sent to earth from moon.

Nuketown Zombies occurs during the events of Moon. If you're talking about the condition it became, then yes; the zombie outbreak originally started before Moon. But when you finish the game (well, die really), the missile from Griffin Station impacts Nuketown directly.

But yes; the missiles caused land formations to shift, thus creating the lava. A nice little observation you have there. ;)

• Administrators

This is a stab in the dark, and highly unlikely, but do you think the CIA or CDC could've gone into the Fallout Shelter during Nuketown and survived? Thus they are the same group in Green Run, Die Rise, etc. Yay or Nay?

Hmm...that's not a bad perspective to look from. I'd have to say nay though, roughly because of one minor detail: how would they escape? Marlton seemingly left via the bus in the middle of the game, but how would the CIA & CDC travel? Any form of transportation that was originally there would be decimated by the impact of the missile. The only other way to end up in Green Run would be walking...but I highly doubt that's even considered a legit transport aspect in the world of zombies. :P

Besides, there are many CIA/CDC operatives so it's rather simply to just send in more of them to any given location.