NukeTown Questions

I have some questions on this map and these questions could also be someone elses so hopefully you guys can answer.

-Obviously the map is destroyed by a nuke, but is there a story behind the involvement of zombies? And if so, what is it?

-What is the green slim around the map?

-What do the sirens signify?

-When the perks come flying down to the map, is it random or is there a pattern?

-Is this map occuring around the same time as moon? I feel like it is due to the radiois

-What does the population count on the billboard signifiy?

-Any other secrets to this map?

If you guys could answer these that would be fantastic and maybe could spur up a good forum discussion.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

-Obviously the map is destroyed by a nuke, but is there a story behind the involvement of zombies? And if so, what is it?

-Is this map occuring around the same time as moon? I feel like it is due to the radiois

I can answer these two with one link, killing two birds with one stone!! :D

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/seasonpass

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

Yeah, I'm really confused about the perk drops. A friend and I played this map for like 5 hours the night the game came out, and we never did figure out a pattern to the drops. Last night I played it again for the first time since (solo) and while I'm reading everywhere the the perks drop when the population sign gets to 0, that's not the case in my games.

What I have found is that the drop in the shed changes when the population sign resets. But in my experience the population has no relevance to perks. I've seen perks, PaP come down when the population was at around round 33 or some other odd number. Also, in the game I played last night, Pack A Punch, Speed, and Double Tap all spawned in the first 12 or 13 rounds (along with Revive, which always spawns round 1 solo)... then I finally got Jugg on round 18, and I'm positive I reset the counter a few times in those 5 or 6 rounds. I was just watching a video where someone got the last perk dropped on 16, so it doesn't seem to be related to rounds.

So if there is any pattern to when these things drop, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's related to kills, but kills you get when downed or from nukes don't count? If anyone has the real answers I'd love to know.

-What do the sirens signify?

I presume you are referring to the siren heard when a perk is about to land, It's a reference to when a nuke lands a siren goes off to address to everyone it's gonna blow. So it links with the perks dropping.Also it links with bombings in ww2 with air raid sirens

Now it's unknown how there is Element 115 at Nuketown however my only explanation for this is that in the original nuke it contained it and therefore they were testing its effect. As for why there are bodies there who knows?. Perhaps we are looking a little too deep on this one and Nuketown has not got it's own story line...

-What is the green slim around the map?

One can assume it's left over residue from the nuclear blast that's radio active, Uranium perhaps or some other chemical used in nukes.

Hopefully I helped

Yeah, I'm really confused about the perk drops. A friend and I played this map for like 5 hours the night the game came out, and we never did figure out a pattern to the drops. Last night I played it again for the first time since (solo) and while I'm reading everywhere the the perks drop when the population sign gets to 0, that's not the case in my games.

What I have found is that the drop in the shed changes when the population sign resets. But in my experience the population has no relevance to perks. I've seen perks, PaP come down when the population was at around round 33 or some other odd number. Also, in the game I played last night, Pack A Punch, Speed, and Double Tap all spawned in the first 12 or 13 rounds (along with Revive, which always spawns round 1 solo)... then I finally got Jugg on round 18, and I'm positive I reset the counter a few times in those 5 or 6 rounds. I was just watching a video where someone got the last perk dropped on 16, so it doesn't seem to be related to rounds.

So if there is any pattern to when these things drop, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's related to kills, but kills you get when downed or from nukes don't count? If anyone has the real answers I'd love to know.

It's related to the kills I believe. I'm studying it now, but the first perk after Quick Revive in Solo has always come at 14 kills for me (or end of Round 2/start of Round 3). However, I have had it come at 28 kills sometimes. But those two numbers are directly related, 28 being double of 14, so there is a specific formula. I'm gonna try and post some results soon.

Now it's unknown how there is Element 115 at Nuketown however my only explanation for this is that in the original nuke it contained it and therefore they were testing its effect. As for why there are bodies there who knows?. Perhaps we are looking a little too deep on this one and Nuketown has not got it's own story line...

the reason bodys are there is because it was a map where people died a lot so that is probably why

I did a little digging as I was kinda intrigued to how the bodies got there and I stumbled upon this:

"Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies." - Blops 2 website

So that basically explains the zombies presence Ninja Nick, You were on the right track i believe. I just didn't think they would do a cross convergence with zombies and multiplayer...ah well you win some you lose some! :lol:

this is how my solo game works.

I always receive quick revive first. I dont kill any zombies.

After I kill 33 zombies (counter is at 66)another perk machine drops, or pap, and the power up behind the door changes.

After killing another 33 zombies(counter is at 33) the powerup behind the door changes.

After killing another 33 zombies (counter is now at 00), I will receive another perk machine or pap, and the powerup behind the door will change.

The clock then resets to 3, and the counter resets to 99 and the powerup behind the door changes once again.

now after this first sequence there dosn't seem to be a patern. some times it will countdown and you'll get nothing, but the power up keeps changing in the same patern.