Been' doing some thinking about NDU in Green Run...

Bronsauce66

As most of you know, the building from the map "Nacht Der Untoten" is hidden in the corn maze that you encounter in the TranZit game mode. If we look back at all of the previous Zombie maps, they all tie in to the "Storyline" in one way or another. All of them except for Nacht. People argue that Verrukt has no significance in the story, which is completely false. Verukkt is the original testing site for Element 115 before it was over run and the project was moved to Der Riese. I highly doubt Treyarch would include a map that has no significance to this epic adventure we are currently on.

I believe that Green Run is in fact, a military base and "Nacht Der Untoten" was simply a test site to examine how the average soldier would compare to these "Undead Super Soldiers" and here's why:

-The names of the 4 marines you play as in NDU are unknown because they are simply average soldiers who have no significance in the story

-In the map Der Riese, there is an underground tunnel containing a radio. One activated, the radio plays a recording of Dr. Maxis writing a message to the German High command. The message states that the "Nevada Base" has a large supply of Element 115 and also that the Americans are ahead of the Germans in terms of 115 research

Another piece of information that supports my Theory about Green Run being a military base concerns T.E.D.D 's location quotes. He mentions stopping at many top secret military facilities across the united states (Including the HAARP facility, Mount Weather, etc.) Which leads me to believe that the bus is simply a transportation system connecting all of these military bases.

Feel free to rip my theory to shreds, I'm just spouting ideas :D

P.S. I think the fact that Green Run is located extremely close to Nuketown on the world map makes it even more of a possibility.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It's a good theory, do not get me wrong. But there is a very common flaw that you (alongside many others) have missed - there is no Nacht Der Untoten in Green Run. What you see is actually a structure much similar to the original; an allusion, if you will. Even if you are not aware of where the actual NDU is located, think about the surroundings outside of NDU versus what has been called its "prototype" in Green Run. And the post above me also made it clear - no Nazi zombies here.

In addition, Green Run is not a military base. The closest thing we have to this is the Hanford site, which is south of the map. This facility is involved in nuclear testing, so it's easy to assume that Green Run has something to do with it (just take a look at the power station bunker and PaP room). While this is true, the whole map itself shouldn't be a militaristic zone, even if it's in the general vicinity.

The bus note is rather correct. This is not your average transport vehicle if you're visiting both recreational areas and top-secret/government facilities.

I have only this to add:

1. The military itself is COMPARTMENTALIZED in such a fashion that the government ITSELF can have OPS going and not know about them.

2. The government contracts private sector companies to do its bidding. ALOT.

3. The hanford site is near by and THAT may be the militaries scientific research center. but WE are only near by and not on the grounds.

4. T.E.D.D. has LOOSE LIPS. The THEME for his messages are DEFINATELY about GOVERNMENT SECRETS.

5. The Americans have "Paperclipped" alot of germans into their crew. So everything here may indeed be "off the grid" govt wise.

but good theory.

It's a good theory, do not get me wrong. But there is a very common flaw that you (alongside many others) have missed - there is no Nacht Der Untoten in Green Run. What you see is actually a structure much similar to the original; an allusion, if you will. Even if you are not aware of where the actual NDU is located, think about the surroundings outside of NDU versus what has been called its "prototype" in Green Run. And the post above me also made it clear - no Nazi zombies here.

In addition, Green Run is not a military base. The closest thing we have to this is the Hanford site, which is south of the map. This facility is involved in nuclear testing, so it's easy to assume that Green Run has something to do with it (just take a look at the power station bunker and PaP room). While this is true, the whole map itself shouldn't be a militaristic zone, even if it's in the general vicinity.

The bus note is rather correct. This is not your average transport vehicle if you're visiting both recreational areas and top-secret/government facilities.

Interesting side note: Nacht was called prototype.

Map Nazi_Zombie_Prototype

I had a similar thought this morning about green run being a governmental training facility when I noticed on the Tranzit loading screen that the people in the postcard looked remarkably like the nuketown mannequins (We might even be using one of the 'inhabitants' torsos to build the turbine). Reading your thoughts about NDU being a testing of the soldiers capability against the zombies I feel is also very interesting and is something to be considered and to me it does make a large amount of sense. The comments above about Nazi Zombies is a decent point however I feel we have to account for time travel. World at War/Nacht Der Untoten was clearly set in the midst of WWII (1940's)and hence Nazi zombies make sense for the period (German POW's could have been brought in and infected for the testing) whilst Green run is set in the future and the base itself could of been abandoned hence the lack of Nazis but instead thanks to the events after moon many Americans would have died therefore explaining the use from Nazi Zombies to American Zombies. That was very poorly explained but moral of the story : I like your thinking and consider it a very good theory.

That actually isnt the same building. there are minute differences but still very different. just throwin it out there b4 we form wild theories.

There's no proof for either argument. People can form ideas until we learn the revelance of the building in Green Run.

Remember many years have passed since we played the map in WaW & there has been a major catastrophe upon the earth. Things change.