Clearing things out about the timeline...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calculator_watch

Marlton wears a calculator watch, first were made only since 1975, so nuketown and moon CAN'T take place in 1960s, and if nuketown really takes place after a mp match, then it is non-cannon. Seriously, give tell me why you think it doesn't take place in modern times, but in 1970s, 60 or whatever, please tell me, in your own words, I keep giving you evidence for my(probobly true) theory, now it's your turn. Don't know if he will respond, but I send a tweet to david vonderhaar he may clear things out

Slightly related note:http://www.sigma-team.net/games/action/zombie-shooter-2.html

I picked it up recently, THis is an awesome game, definetly worth a try. If anyone ever played diablo, it's like that but with zombies, guns, lasers, vehicles and chainsaws. The reason why i'm mentioning this, is because the general feel and location feels like green run. You got an abandoned, in the middle of nowhere forest, farms, a little town similiar to GR town, and only loses it's feel athmosphere at endgame. Game takes place in the future, and it still feels realistic, so it would definetly fit with modern warfare era in BO2, play or wathc videos on youtube and you will see.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlton wears a calculator watch, first were made only since 1975, so nuketown and moon CAN'T take place in 1960s

How do we know if Marlton is wearing the watch in the Nuketown Fallout Shelter? We never see him.

Remember Richtofen's 'outfit' changed in between maps from his German Army outfit to an Astronaut suit.

And I'm not saying that Green Run occurs in the 1960's. I don't think we can pinpoint the exact date.

But check out Tac's Time + Location of Zombie Maps thread for a better understanding. (which InfestLithium posted in his first comment)

Green Run: Between 1986 and 1991 (after Moon/Nuketown) in Hanford, Washington, U.S.A., just North of the Hanford Site.

PROOF:

How do we know this is the right time? In the basement under Town, there are a few crates that have the USSR State Quality Mark, which was established in 1967 and swapped out in 1991 after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, giving us a basic timeline of 1967-1991. Marlton is wearing a calculator watch, which did not come out until 1975. In Farm, you will see a silo with Russian writing on it that pertains to the Chernobyl accident in 1986. In the Green Run radios, Dr. Maxis says he has been searching for survivors of the Moon nukes (1966/1967) for decades, which puts at least at 1986, coinciding with Chernobyl. The eye color of the zombies are blue the entire time, indicating it's after the MPD Soul Swap between Richtofen and Sam on Moon.

Green run is in a very, very abandoned part of us. It is still possible that in site like that there are still reminders of cold war, like soviet caches, you can't rule out something like that and if that's all the proof you have, you have to look further. Either way, 60s theory is completely out the window, nuketown has to take in 1975 or later(else he wouldn't be wearing one in the first place)

I'll reaserch more about Hanford site itself, but the way I'm seeing it its either 2011 or 2025, Treayarch would go out of their way to keep zombies in 60s if with every game it is made to fit with campaign timeline

I made a thread (In the Green Run Section of the TranZit Board) containing information on the location of Green Run with heaps of information about Hanford, the surrounding towns, the Manhattan Project & the Soviet Spies that infiltrated the Manhattan Project

- Green Run Map Location Information & Much More

The events of Moon & Nuketown happen at the same time. In Green Run, all the locations & props (Buildings,cars) are from the 1960's. This must indicate that the events of Moon/Nuketown (when the Missiles were launched) Occured in the 1960's. There is no further Evolution since the missiles struck Earth.

Also I think it was at the COD XP event, they said that the Zombie Story does NOT occur at the same time/date as the Campaign. I'll try to dig that video up.

Green run is in a very, very abandoned part of us. It is still possible that in site like that there are still reminders of cold war, like soviet caches, you can't rule out something like that and if that's all the proof you have, you have to look further. Either way, 60s theory is completely out the window, nuketown has to take in 1975 or later(else he wouldn't be wearing one in the first place)

I'll reaserch more about Hanford site itself, but the way I'm seeing it its either 2011 or 2025, Treayarch would go out of their way to keep zombies in 60s if with every game it is made to fit with campaign timeline

Marlton clearly was a member of some government organization, and as you may know, the government usually has access to, and develops, technology years before it is released to the public. He could easily have a watch that wasn't released until several years later.

Concerning guns and them being cannon. Just remember that the perks and the mystery box are "MAGIC" *waves hands* :o (meaning any gun that comes out of that box can come from any time era)

Story wise I'm going with Pinnaz and Tac cuz I use "common sense" plus I like formatting and paragraphs. :twisted:

Who wants generic shit when you can have pretty shiny packaging!? #sarcasm

Not to mention there is something to be said about someone who can debate their theories respectfully versus someone who spits out a derogative comment insulting their own audience every 3 lines.

The quote from Richtofen about ripping space time was the clutch.

I made a thread (In the Green Run Section of the TranZit Board) containing information on the location of Green Run with heaps of information about Hanford, the surrounding towns, the Manhattan Project & the Soviet Spies that infiltrated the Manhattan Project

- Green Run Map Location Information & Much More

The events of Moon & Nuketown happen at the same time. In Green Run, all the locations & props (Buildings,cars) are from the 1960's. This must indicate that the events of Moon/Nuketown (when the Missiles were launched) Occured in the 1960's. There is no further Evolution since the missiles struck Earth.

Also I think it was at the COD XP event, they said that the Zombie Story does NOT occur at the same time/date as the Campaign. I'll try to dig that video up.

You just contradicted yourself:if evolution is not going any farther, then what's that thing on marltons wrist?

All the things mentioned have some value, and connect to zombies in some way, but you are missing what's right in front of you:treyarch would simply not care for storyline if it did not care about weapons: everything has a meaning in zombies, even the weapons! The most basic puzzle pieces are there in front of your face, why are you looking for them all over the place? Weapons are cannon, they say when events take place, and I have not seen any shred of evidence stating otherwise, its simply an excuse you use that you don't want to wrong, unless you ribose evidence, and no five is not valid excuse, all those weapons also appeared in black ops campaign in that time period, end of story.

And to the asspie below, I have no clue what you are saying, care to elaborate? I'm looking at you Jew feedz

Perks are definetly not "magic". Power ups have nothing to do with this, because they have no weapon ties whatsoever. It's a video game, power ups and light realism is what makes it fun:weapons have in game meaning. I don't know how stupid you have to be to say weapons just straight up don't matter. So if I put augs in waw all of a sudden, it would still be okay because"it's not cannon, it's just a game"? If treyarch wanted to keep things in 60s, it got plenty of weapons from mason campaign campaign to work with. The story would not be taken seriously if major things like weapons were out of place:if I decided to code mw3 weapons into black ops 1 campaign, would it STILL make sense? Would you take it seriously? Could it be considered cannon? Would NVA troops running around with G36cs and MP7s still be "cannon"? Would verruckt marines killing nazis with MTARs and DSRs still make it as cannon to you because weapons are magic all of a sudden? That would make story worthless, barely conjugated survival maps that are there for gameplay purposes only. If that were the case, why would treyarch bother making hour long Easter eggs requiring 4 people to play with if they didn't give a squat about the story? Why would we even discuss all those theories and story If it didn't matter and it only gameplay was important? The story IS important to treyarch, and it is to you us too since we make 40 page threads about it. With that said, I'd treyarch really wanted to keep things in the past, but wanted modern weapons, they would make it obvious to people so people like PINNAZ wouldn't work their brains as to why they're there, only to dismiss it as magic, with a loading screen like kino did or quotes mentioning something, anything. To you things look old, SO IT MUST TAKE PLACE IN THE PAST. Oh and that modern day dsr I just picked up just magically got here. Your theory has big holes thru it and no solid evidence, only theories and assumptions. Weapons are there, put in by devs for a reason, not going away, stop hand waving them take your heads out of your asses and use your common sense. I hope vonderhaar will clear things up because I can't explain things any simpler. 

To whoever is complaining about the walls of text, try posting from an iPod touch sometime, and make it look better than mine, please

Marlton clearly was a member of some government organization, and as you may know, the government usually has access to, and develops, technology years before it is released to the public. He could easily have a watch that wasn't released until several years later.

Or he's some random joe who wanted to hide from all the zombies and just happened to find a fallout shelter in the middle of nevada. Where is your evidence? This is the whole 60s past theory right there in a nutshell: assuming from quotes and making a story in your head about it, backed by no evidence whotsoever.

I would love to elaborate. If you play nuketown on original every so often you will hear the events of moon unfolding through richtofen's quotes. Also on round 25 (on original) the zombies eyes turn from yellow to blue and you no longer hear sam when you get power ups or when the box moves you hear richtofen's voice which tells us the soul swap at the MPD happens as you play nuketown. Which also proves tht moon and nuketown are happening at the same time

• Administrators

Perks are definetly not "magic".

False. Turning off magic in the game settings take away perks.

Power ups have nothing to do with this, because they have no weapon ties whatsoever.

False. The characters have plenty of quotes about how the power ups come from Sam, making them perfectly involved in the story.

Weapons aren't canon, end of story.

All the things mentioned have some value, and connect to zombies in some way, but you are missing what's right in front of you:treyarch would simply not care for storyline if it did not care about weapons: everything has a meaning in zombies, even the weapons!

Power ups have nothing to do with this, because they have no weapon ties whatsoever. It's a video game, power ups and light realism is what makes it fun:weapons have in game meaning.

You're contradicting yourself here. Not everything in Zombies has some unusual meaning behind it. In this case, a gun is a gun. Nothing more.

Weapons are cannon, they say when events take place, and I have not seen any shred of evidence stating otherwise, its simply an excuse you use that you don't want to wrong, unless you ribose evidence, and no five is not valid excuse, all those weapons also appeared in black ops campaign in that time period, end of story.

Are you forgetting that the Galil, Python, MP5, AK74u, FAL, M16, M14 and Olympia appear in it as well? By your logic, that must mean that Nuketown is in the 80's, since those weapons appear during Mason's portion of the campaign.

We have provided countless evidence in this thread. You are choosing to ignore them, and perceive them as fiction. Whatever facts we provide, you are choosing not to believe.

As Tac said. Perks are considered magic according to Treyarch. Turn Magic off in Custom and they will not appear.

To whoever is complaining about the walls of text, try posting from an iPod touch sometime, and make it look better than mine, please

I post on mine all the time. You can easily just go back through your post after you've typed it, and press enter after certain sentences to create paragraphs for easy reading.

I'm going to quote you here, because you've answered your own question here.

Let's face it people, not everybody is perfect, everybody makes mistakes. Go to any cod game, major and minor inconsistencies. Anyone remember how the mw3 developers thought mp took place in 2012? Major historical inconsistencies in bo? If you notice carefully, some guns shouldnt fire automatically, or at all, among others.

Exactly! So why can't that apply to the guns appearances in certain maps themselves?

Not to forget, that you haven't even taken the evidence on Moon into account. Moon takes place during Nuketown, and there is evidence just on that map itself to suggest a 60's date.

Also, stop being so negative and abusive in your replies. We are trying to help you, but you keep going off at us.

Or he's some random joe who wanted to hide from all the zombies and just happened to find a fallout shelter in the middle of nevada. Where is your evidence? This is the whole 60s past theory right there in a nutshell: assuming from quotes and making a story in your head about it, backed by no evidence whotsoever.

So he survived several missiles hitting earth and then just happened to find his way to a nuclear testing facility in the middle of nowhere and decided to hide there, and THEN decided to leave there and go to green run?

Also, could you please tell which weapons are from any time but the 60's, except for those in the box (because, as has been stated by "word of god" (just like that nuketown zombies takes place after the MP map) they are MAGIC and therefore are not bound by time.

• 1 month later...

looks like I was right, if the green run group didn't teleport into the future, then moon nuketown and green run take place in 2025, which of course could also be a possibility. I got a theory on what green run facility actually is, but I got to go now, so I will post later. It is timeline related too which could disprove the 60's theory

Really - you just came back here to say you're right?

How about something along the lines of "hey looks like I may be right, but sorry i was such a d-bag before"

we don't want to read your theory if you're just going to yell at us if we disagree. keep an open mind, take advice - no one is trying to undermine you. positive reinforcement.

I was not online for a while because i was playing zombies, and i respect all your opinions, claims and theories, and I was not trying to be a doushbag to anyone. However, i still stand by what I said before, as I play more and more,I think about what ou guys post here and I consider everythimg said by you and me. however,it seems that ou missed some things I saw, in plain view and didn't consider. like why is there a song from the 80's in the diner if the world ended in the 60's? how on earth do we have chinese SDC forces with full out 2020's gear if the world stopped at 1960's? I didn't claim as a fact that the story DID take place in 2012 or 2025, but i said it is much more plausible, and it seems i was right. Green run really blew everyone off with it's 60's theme,and I think it was intentional, I will post what I thought of green run for a while now, and why I thought it was 2025 all along.

I was not online for a while because i was playing zombies, and i respect all your opinions, claims and theories, and I was not trying to be a doushbag to anyone. However, i still stand by what I said before, as I play more and more,I think about what ou guys post here and I consider everythimg said by you and me. however,it seems that ou missed some things I saw, in plain view and didn't consider. like why is there a song from the 80's in the diner if the world ended in the 60's? how on earth do we have chinese SDC forces with full out 2020's gear if the world stopped at 1960's? I didn't claim as a fact that the story DID take place in 2012 or 2025, but i said it is much more plausible, and it seems i was right. Green run really blew everyone off with it's 60's theme,and I think it was intentional, I will post what I thought of green run for a while now, and why I thought it was 2025 all along.

fair enough, bud. apologies for the d-bag comment if you were truly not trying to to be difficult, but usually comments like "use your brain" are not well received here. here at codz, we all use our brains - sometimes too much we use our brains :lol: it's not a competition, it's about respect.

you obviously care a whole lot about the story, and I respect that. Looking forward to your next post where we can all can talk amicably.

yeah i thought that all this was already common sense, my one pet peeve is stupidity and lack of evidence to back things up so sorry if I offended anybody.

I see "they" removed my post. That's cute.

But after thinking it through, I believe I owe you an apology. I'm so sorry you think I'll tolerate anyone taking jabs at fellow theorists. No jabs, no problem.

So, here's to more theories, and hopefully more egg finding.

Good day.

-Whiskey