Green run is traversing different levels of space and time

Zamininc

Here's my personal theory for Tranzit

What do I mean by this? I mean every single area (bus, diner, farm, nacht, power station, town). Possibly even the CHARACTERS are from different periods of time. I'll get into that later.

I'll divide it up as nicely as I can into three times.

Pre-modern = Before the 1990s

Modern = 1990s-2015s

Post-modern = 2016+ (basically the time the rest of the game is set in)

Locations and time periods for the areas:

Bus depot: Post-modern and most likely US southwest

Diner: Pre-modern and US Northeast

Farm: Post-modern and Russia (as seen by russian writing on the silos)

Nacht: Likely modern or at least after WW2, Germany (as told to us on WaW)

Power station: Unknown time and place

Town: Modern and unknown place. English speaking.

What proof do I have for this?

1: Different languages in farm

2: Zombies don't follow you into the fog, they respawn, only the characters are possible of going through time periods

3: If you make a crawler and go into the fog, it will die.

Now the characters, this is more loose and I'm not even sure of it. But it's worth noting possibilites.

Russman and Misty: Likely pre-modern. They have NO quotes for the guns and pre-modern would make sense for Russman because it's implied he did a lot of hand-work which in pre-modern times african americans would be expected to do. Also Misty's quote about "smelling lightning" may refer to the disease where when one sense activates another activates as well. In Misty's case, it's sight and smell. That alone doesn't prove it, however in a pre-modern society she would be looked upon as mentally insane. And judging from her quotes she gets rejected by men fairly often (maybe because of the mental illness?)

Samuel: Modern. Just judging by the conspiracy quotes

Marlton: Pre-modern. Picked up after NTZ which is in the 1960s.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok man I dont know where your getting the connections your making. I am not a hater tho dont get me wrong. i am simply completely and utterly disagreeing with you. The theory itself is a bit shaky although I do like where your head is at time travel wise.

Time travel has played a big part in our story.

But when you form this theory you have to put it through the ringer and see how it pairs up with a theory of everything and look for connections instead of attempting to just create the connections. that is where evidence ends and obsession begins.

everyone forms their theories with a "wouldn't that be cool" factor that creates a bias in it and i understand that "evidence" in this game can be an abstract term in this game, but if you can legit tie in your theory to the "vril ya", teleporters, t.e.d.d., nuketown and you know what im tryin to say... gather some form of proof already in game that plausibly connects to the story line or what your proposing id be on board but i just cant see any signs that we are in a "land of the lost" situation and realms are merging with time travelers surviving the zombie apocolypse.

although, marlton is in nuketown from the past not 2025 and nuketown happens the same time as moon

I'm aware of that. I always just assumed moon took place in the 2020s instead of nuketown zombies taking place in the 1960s.

Ok man I dont know where your getting the connections your making. I am not a hater tho dont get me wrong. i am simply completely and utterly disagreeing with you. The theory itself is a bit shaky although I do like where your head is at time travel wise.

I do feel I overshot and overanalyzed a little but there's some decent connections and evidence in there. The most solid connection I have in my theory is that each of the places are, agreeably, much farther apart than they seem.

But when you form this theory you have to put it through the ringer and see how it pairs up with a theory of everything and look for connections instead of attempting to just create the connections. that is where evidence ends and obsession begins.

I disagree. The scientific method is pretty much looking something, making a theory, and trying it out.

but if you can legit tie in your theory to the "vril ya", teleporters, t.e.d.d., nuketown and you know what im tryin to say... gather some form of proof already in game that plausibly connects to the story line or what your proposing id be on board but i just cant see any signs that we are in a "land of the lost" situation and realms are merging with time travelers surviving the zombie apocolypse.

The teleporters are just that, teleporters through time and space. Tedd and his bus are just plain able to move through time and space like we do. Nuketown really doesn't have much to do with this besides Marlton being there.

Marlton doesn't appear in Nuketown 2025, he appears in Nuketown..

I know it's not the multiplayer map. We've been through this. Simply confused my BO2 nuketown terminology.

Not just terminology,

"Marlton: Post-modern- based on his appearance in Nuketown ZOMBIES (not the multiplayer map)"

Having not played nuketown zombies (have played Moon) I'm pretty sure that Moon along with Nuketown are set in the 2020s. Simply based on how Tranzit starts up in the middle of Nuketown.

But hey, even if Nuketown is set in the 1960s it just gives more weight to my theory.

your theory is wrong but you may be on to something with the theory of time displacement. let me blow a huge hole in your theory - the zombies do in fact run between areas in the fog. next time ur on the bus look out the back window lol. anyway, clocks in bus station show different times so there may be time displacement on the map...

your theory is wrong but you may be on to something with the theory of time displacement. let me blow a huge hole in your theory - the zombies do in fact run between areas in the fog. next time ur on the bus look out the back window lol. anyway, clocks in bus station show different times so there may be time displacement on the map...

Not really a true hole in my theory. Just divides my theory into two seperate parts.

1: The bus actually prevents the travelling from one time to another. Might actually be the key to the easter egg if true (not using bus at all during EE)

2: Or the more likelier, the bus has a range of which it time travels.

Having not played nuketown zombies (have played Moon) I'm pretty sure that Moon along with Nuketown are set in the 2020s. Simply based on how Tranzit starts up in the middle of Nuketown.

But hey, even if Nuketown is set in the 1960s it just gives more weight to my theory.

Yeah I think Nuketown zombies and moon take place in the 60s. I assume NTZ takes place soon after "original" nuketowns nuke goes off.

Here's my personal theory for Tranzit

What do I mean by this? I mean every single area (bus, diner, farm, nacht, power station, town). Possibly even the CHARACTERS are from different periods of time. I'll get into that later.

I'll divide it up as nicely as I can into three times.

Pre-modern = Before the 1990s

Modern = 1990s-2015s

Post-modern = 2016+ (basically the time the rest of the game is set in)

Locations and time periods for the areas:

Bus depot: Post-modern and most likely US southwest

Diner: Pre-modern and US Northeast

Farm: Post-modern and Russia (as seen by russian writing on the silos)

Nacht: Likely modern or at least after WW2, Germany (as told to us on WaW)

Power station: Unknown time and place

Town: Modern and unknown place. English speaking.

What proof do I have for this?

1: Different languages in farm

2: Zombies don't follow you into the fog, they respawn, only the characters are possible of going through time periods

Now the characters, this is more loose and I'm not even sure of it. But it's worth noting possibilites.

Russman and Misty: Likely pre-modern. They have NO quotes for the guns and pre-modern would make sense for Russman because it's implied he did a lot of hand-work which in pre-modern times african americans would be expected to do. Also Misty's quote about "smelling lightning" may refer to the disease where when one sense activates another activates as well. In Misty's case, it's sight and smell. That alone doesn't prove it, however in a pre-modern society she would be looked upon as mentally insane. And judging from her quotes she gets rejected by men fairly often (maybe because of the mental illness?)

Samuel: Modern. Just judging by the conspiracy quotes

Marlton: Post-modern- based on his appearance in Nuketown ZOMBIES (not the multiplayer map)

Five hits to the bong later and THIS is what you come up with?

No offense but I think the determining the Time lime is a little easier than.....well all of that.

Now I don't remember seeing any writings in russian in the Farm area but most of those I've seen were on crates/boxes. It's easy to believe they were transported there before the Missiles Hit.

As to why there are future weapons in a obvious sixties era city is. Just because the world ended doesn't stop people from making some kick ass weapons....well they must of been drunk when the lined up the sites but still.

• Administrators

It's a nice speculation (and well put), but I don't believe that the whole map is different "time levels". Aesthetically, it's supposed to display particular areas of Green Run. Never have we really had a zombie map where the whole area (Hanford) was given to us. I know you are not saying that Green Run IS a paradox, but pointing out the different eras via possible locations is not the major concern for the map.

Every site on the map was set up in collaboration to give players a different feel of...well, a town. You have urban and rural areas combined, alongside an allusion to literary the place that made zombies famous. [Also, it is not Nacht - it's just an area that is awfully similar to the map we know so well and love.]

What I do find interesting is your details on the characters themselves. Once again, however, it's just another way to separate the differences and important characteristics of our new crew. They come from various locations across America, much like how our original crew came from different countries (even if that is a much larger scale to consider).

But I do like your thinking - keep it up! :)

These are just due to map rendering. If you take fog off, you can see the different areas generating as you go through them. Certain areas are not loaded until you reach a certain trigger. So when you are close to farm, another area behind you will start clearing to give memory to the game, the zombies are then deleted and respawned near the player to prevent framerate lag and spawn errors (like the infamous g-spawn)

But i like your time theory as time seens to be important and is referenced heavily on tranzit.

Honestly....

I love the theory. By stating the whole zombie spawn thing, it did kind of weigh your theory down. I do think you could be correct, and if you are, this means the Tranzit teleporters ARE actually "wormholes" that can travel between time and space. I tend to think that the whole "clocks being different times" thing, has kind of proven this theory. I know the EMP from the nukes we set off actually stopped all "normal electricity". If this is true, then why would the clocks be on different times when it detonated?

Surely we aren't considering someone forgetting to set the clocks that are different. Marlton's watch is set at the timezone the nukes were detonated in, Nuketown. It makes since.

Alright guys, I've got a little theory here that sort of links in with this.

Alright, assuming that the fog is some "time-travel" type of material or whatever and also the fact that J. Zielinski basically confirmed that the map is some type of clock and also based off of that Richtofen talks about this not being a "sprint" but a "marathon" (which is 26 miles) and also that the map is supposedly 2 miles in length (the bus route anyways):

What if you can go around the map 13 times (13 * 2(miles) = 26 miles (marathon)) [maybe with a certain condition], you might be able to turn day into night because of going through the fog (time-travel stuff) so much, it just messes with it or something. And if that doesn't work, maybe walking around 13 times may do it due to the fact that the fog doesn't actually touch you in the bus. (even though the bus is sort of like a TARDIS here)

Any thoughts?

I don't understand the "zombies don't go into the fog" thing in the OP. I run trains with zombies in the fog all the time. (cornfield, in fog at diner, before depot, on bridge, farm.. pretty much anywhere) If you have a train of zombies behind you and run into a lighted area they follow you. The only time they don't is when you are too far ahead of them, then they just respawn.

I've yet to see where Jimmy confirmed Tranzit is "some type of clock" Link please?

I don't understand the "zombies don't go into the fog" thing in the OP. I run trains with zombies in the fog all the time. (cornfield, in fog at diner, before depot, on bridge, farm.. pretty much anywhere) If you have a train of zombies behind you and run into a lighted area they follow you. The only time they don't is when you are too far ahead of them, then they just respawn.

I've yet to see where Jimmy confirmed Tranzit is "some type of clock" Link please?

What I was more getting at is how the crawlers DIE, don't respawn as a normal zombie, DIE when you go into the fog. I understand that the characters may have a "field" in which travels in time with them.