Great Wonderweapon Idea!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it and if it had a little bit of ammo it would be balanced. The idea of a gun getting more powerful with the more zombies you kill is awesome , so people would think it sucks but it would be able to take out massive amounts of zombies with the last few rounds. it would definitely be an improvement from the "Jet Gun".

Doesn't look too shabby! Though it would be way to easy to "power up", especially later in the rounds.

By the way, this ought to be moved to here: viewforum.php?f=12

The Thundergun is easy to power up to get to high levels so this wouldn't be a problem. It has a range and if you don't watch out you will odwn a friend or yourselve!

With great power comes great responsibility. So it's a dangerous weapon for everybody.

That will make it harder to reach higher levels if you get trapped in the gravitional pull of the black hole.

I like it and if it had a little bit of ammo it would be balanced. The idea of a gun getting more powerful with the more zombies you kill is awesome , so people would think it sucks but it would be able to take out massive amounts of zombies with the last few rounds. it would definitely be an improvement from the "Jet Gun".

I forgot to say if you have 100 zombie souls (maximum) The gravitational pull is larger and it stays open for longer. I thought of a meter on the gun how much souls you have in the gun. If you shoot you release all the power and have to get the souls again to get it powerfull again. With great power comes great responsibility!

What if I made a gun that shoots Monkey Bombs?

"But we already have Monkey Bombs"

"YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!"

That is to say, why would we replace an existing weapon with another that does almost the exact same thing. A weapon that shoots Gesche Devices (At least I assume thats what it does)

The Gersche Devices were already very powerful weapons to start with (and very enjoyable ones to use at that). Seeing as Treyarch could simply put Gersche Devices in another map (like Moon) why would they put in a weapon that shoots them?

The concept of a weapon getting stronger as you use it is an interesting one at best. Everyone likes to progress, to make things stronger as you go along. But that really wouldn't work for zombies. Considering the massive amounts of kills you obtain in Zombies, and the fact that the game is endless don't lend themselves well to the Zombies gamemode.

In addition, with a weapon that has an instant kill and gradually increases radius, you would eventually encounter the problem of the weapon's progression simply becoming pointless, as it would completely engulf an entire horde instantly.

In addition to becoming an insta-win-no-matter-what button, this would clash with the difficulty Treyarch wants to implement into this new age of zombies, the entire reason they've phased out traps and put in a sub-par wunderweapon.

Another thing is the uniqueness. Every (well mostly) Wunderweapon has had a cool, interesting/uniique way of getting to the point:The Instant Kill.

Wunderwaffe : Arc Lightning

Thundergun: Blasts of compressed air

Gersche Device: Absorb Zombies into a miniature black hole

VR-11: Makes suits

31-79 jGb215 : Shrinks zombies into little big-headed things and lets you kick them

Zap Gun: Electrocutes zombies from the inside out

Wave gun: MICROWAVES THEM

Jet Gun: Burns zombies on an afterburner/ sucks them into spinning rotors

This would just be recycling one of those ideas and break the tradition of fun, creative wunderweapons.

So yeah. I don't like it.

I Really like the core idea (a gun that absorbs souls to gain power) but I agree that it definitely needs some work for the reasons Triple mentioned. You should take his advice and make some changes. My only real problem with it is the overplayed recycled function of keeping zombies away from you (gersch, monkeys, Vril) and the way it is presented in a way that has already been seen (black hole.) but as I said, it is a good idea that has the potential to be even better.

I like the idea! We have had a weapon with a cooldown, (Even if it wasn't that good) so why not make one that needs to charge up? I think it would be even better if you needed 100 kills for one shot, so you still have to use a regular weapon.

That is a great idea! It will be not overpowered, hard to obtain and mostly skilled players can use it!

What if I made a gun that shoots Monkey Bombs?

"But we already have Monkey Bombs"

"YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!"

That is to say, why would we replace an existing weapon with another that does almost the exact same thing. A weapon that shoots Gesche Devices (At least I assume thats what it does)

The Gersche Devices were already very powerful weapons to start with (and very enjoyable ones to use at that). Seeing as Treyarch could simply put Gersche Devices in another map (like Moon) why would they put in a weapon that shoots them?

The concept of a weapon getting stronger as you use it is an interesting one at best. Everyone likes to progress, to make things stronger as you go along. But that really wouldn't work for zombies. Considering the massive amounts of kills you obtain in Zombies, and the fact that the game is endless don't lend themselves well to the Zombies gamemode.

In addition, with a weapon that has an instant kill and gradually increases radius, you would eventually encounter the problem of the weapon's progression simply becoming pointless, as it would completely engulf an entire horde instantly.

In addition to becoming an insta-win-no-matter-what button, this would clash with the difficulty Treyarch wants to implement into this new age of zombies, the entire reason they've phased out traps and put in a sub-par wunderweapon.

Another thing is the uniqueness. Every (well mostly) Wunderweapon has had a cool, interesting/uniique way of getting to the point:The Instant Kill.

Wunderwaffe : Arc Lightning

Thundergun: Blasts of compressed air

Gersche Device: Absorb Zombies into a miniature black hole

VR-11: Makes suits

31-79 jGb215 : Shrinks zombies into little big-headed things and lets you kick them

Zap Gun: Electrocutes zombies from the inside out

Wave gun: MICROWAVES THEM

Jet Gun: Burns zombies on an afterburner/ sucks them into spinning rotors

This would just be recycling one of those ideas and break the tradition of fun, creative wunderweapons.

So yeah. I don't like it.

I wanted to make this gun because the Gersche Device was fun! I think we will not see it back again in future mas. I thought why not make a weapon out of it. Another user said that it would be better if you absorb 100 souls and then you are able to shoot. It has a radius. What would be fun to see is that there body parts get ripped of his body. The Thundergun was mostly insta kill. This gun has a radius so that it isn't too overpowered. Jet Gun isn't a wunderweapon because it isn't made out of element 115. It's like if i put a lawnmore with a rocket behind it that cuts zombies is a wunderweapon. I don't think this is boring at all. I have respect your opinion.

I Really like the core idea (a gun that absorbs souls to gain power) but I agree that it definitely needs some work for the reasons Triple mentioned. You should take his advice and make some changes. My only real problem with it is the overplayed recycled function of keeping zombies away from you (gersch, monkeys, Vril) and the way it is presented in a way that has already been seen (black hole.) but as I said, it is a good idea that has the potential to be even better.

Maybe if you help me to think about improving this weapon. Maybe this gun has different functions. Sort of select fire but instead of select fire a shooting mode. Little black hole bullets. It does the same amount of damage as a ray gun. This is just fast thinking. This could improve the core of the idea. Maybe there is no ammo at all. Just gaining zombie souls. This will make it harder too use the weapon. Maybe the hardest & most dangerous weapon in zombies. Most likely skilled players will be able to handle the weapon. P.S: Sorry for my bad english. I'm Dutch.

I wanted to make this gun because the Gersche Device was fun! I think we will not see it back again in future mas.

....Why not?

I thought why not make a weapon out of it.

it... IS a weapon...

Another user said that it would be better if you absorb 100 souls and then you are able to shoot. It has a radius. What would be fun to see is that there body parts get ripped of his body. The Thundergun was mostly insta kill. This gun has a radius so that it isn't too overpowered.

A Gersche Device's radius was already substaintial, easily able to kill a full horde. You go on to further claim that this radius will increase as you kill with it, which, not to mention being slightly redundant/pointless, would make this an "insta-win-no-matter-what-because-it-kills-or-attracts-every-zombie-in-the-game" weapon.

Jet Gun isn't a wunderweapon because it isn't made out of element 115. It's like if i put a lawnmore with a rocket behind it that cuts zombies is a wunderweapon.

-_-

I don't think this is boring at all. I have respect your opinion.

The jet gun and the flame thrower are power weapons, as there is no wonder to them...

As for the gersh-gun I would love to see it...

If its a buildable I would love to see this: a wonder weapon that has different types of modes depending on how you build it...

For example there will always be 3 constant parts launcher, Handel, trigger, ect. BUT the fourth part could be different: lets say a fire cannon is one out come, a water cannon could be another, and perhaps if you did the Easter egg you could build the black hole launcher! Oh what a glorious weapon! :D:lol: :twisted:

Pretty much my thoughts. I think you're onto some cool, unique ideas that would be pretty interesting in Zombies... but I'm not really all that interested in the idea of recycling weapon effects that have already been used, especially in the sense of "Here's a gun that basically does what these grenades did!".

I'd say stick with the idea of a gun that needs kills to be powered, and try to come up with a unique function for the weapon that hasn't been done before.

Also, I have to agree that the lack of Element 115 makes the Jet Gun NOT a Wonderweapon, technically. And even though I voted "No" on your idea, I would still takes this over the Jet Gun in a heartbeat. Yes, I know the Jet Gun can be used to reach infinite rounds, I know it's potentially powerful... I still don't like it at all.

Triple, why are you posting in red? I thought we discussed this.

Anyway, while the idea of a weapon that needs kills to be powered-up may be alluring, (The human mind craves progression and reward) it would face some problems.

1: Becoming horribly overpowered to the point where it is a press this button to win gun. (Increasing range, damage, etc would in theory increase infinitely.)

2: At a certain point in the game these upgrades would begin to become pointless as you would be recycling the gun out of the box, essentially undoing whatever you did, or it was at a point where it would simply upgrade past the point of the zombies' health and stay that way, calling the need of it to become more powerful at all into question.

Now, if the weapon did not become overpowered at some point, say if we had a balanced cap on the weapon, again, what is the point of it becoming more powerful? It is a wunderweapon, why not simply set it at that cap? Or have infinite damage, like most wunderweapons?

I'm rambling, as I always do in long posts, but hopefully you'll get the grist of my ideas.

Sorry. I'm posting on my ipod. Because that for some reason gives me an excuse to type badly.

Triple, why are you posting in red? I thought we discussed this.

Anyway, while the idea of a weapon that needs kills to be powered-up may be alluring, (The human mind craves progression and reward) it would face some problems.

1: Becoming horribly overpowered to the point where it is a press this button to win gun. (Increasing range, damage, etc would in theory increase infinitely.)

2: At a certain point in the game these upgrades would begin to become pointless as you would be recycling the gun out of the box, essentially undoing whatever you did, or it was at a point where it would simply upgrade past the point of the zombies' health and stay that way, calling the need of it to become more powerful at all into question.

Now, if the weapon did not become overpowered at some point, say if we had a balanced cap on the weapon, again, what is the point of it becoming more powerful? It is a wunderweapon, why not simply set it at that cap? Or have infinite damage, like most wunderweapons?

I'm rambling, as I always do in long posts, but hopefully you'll get the grist of my ideas.

Sorry. I'm posting on my ipod. Because that for some reason gives me an excuse to type badly.

Too make it a bit more balanced i thought about charging the weapon with zombie souls. The weapon has a sort of select fire. You can shoot little black hole balls ( as powerfull as the ray gun) but only when it's charged up with atleast 1 zombie soul. If you absorb 100 zombie souls you can shoot a big black hole. This doesn't charge your weapon again with zombie souls, because the zombie souls will get into the black hole. You can down your friends, yourself and rip zombies apart. This makes it hard to control. The perfect motto for this weapon is: With great power comes great responsibility!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I'm Dutch so don't hate on how i write sentences and words.

The jet gun and the flame thrower are power weapons, as there is no wonder to them...

As for the gersh-gun I would love to see it...

If its a buildable I would love to see this: a wonder weapon that has different types of modes depending on how you build it...

For example there will always be 3 constant parts launcher, Handel, trigger, ect. BUT the fourth part could be different: lets say a fire cannon is one out come, a water cannon could be another, and perhaps if you did the Easter egg you could build the black hole launcher! Oh what a glorious weapon! :D:lol: :twisted:

That is a great idea! But i think that water is hard to find when the whole world is flooded by lava XD. But the water part could be usefull to put out some lava chunks. But i got another idea for like a sort of water gun. I'm working on it.

Pretty much my thoughts. I think you're onto some cool, unique ideas that would be pretty interesting in Zombies... but I'm not really all that interested in the idea of recycling weapon effects that have already been used, especially in the sense of "Here's a gun that basically does what these grenades did!".

I'd say stick with the idea of a gun that needs kills to be powered, and try to come up with a unique function for the weapon that hasn't been done before.

Also, I have to agree that the lack of Element 115 makes the Jet Gun NOT a Wonderweapon, technically. And even though I voted "No" on your idea, I would still takes this over the Jet Gun in a heartbeat. Yes, I know the Jet Gun can be used to reach infinite rounds, I know it's potentially powerful... I still don't like it at all.

I respect for your thoughts. I want to know what could make it better for you. I already had some ideas to make it better like: Sort of Select fire (when a zombie soul is absorbed in the weapon you can shoot a little black hole/ black hole bullet as strong as a ray gun bullet. And after 100 zombies absorbed you can shoot a big black hole that takes out a horde and rips them apart and suck them in but you dont get the souls because they get sucked into the black hole as well. You need to watch out because you can down your friends and yourself. This makes it harder to control. I think that this idea is alot better than the Jet Gun. Maybe to make it more special you need to complete the easter egg first then it will appear in the box. This will ofcourse be permanent, but harder to obtain.

Purhaps The weapon can be similar to the wave gun: you kill zombies with one mode and slowly gain power, the more power you have the stronger the other mode will be when you use it...

Simplified:

Regular mode: shoot--->kill zombies NORMALY...

Power mode: shoot---> does small amount of damage...

Power mode after killing many-a zombies with regular mode: shoot---> Big powerful gersh-cannon!--->back to normal power mode...

So killing zombies doesn't give you more amo, just stronger amo!

Purhaps The weapon can be similar to the wave gun: you kill zombies with one mode and slowly gain power, the more power you have the stronger the other mode will be when you use it...

Simplified:

Regular mode: shoot--->kill zombies NORMALY...

Power mode: shoot---> does small amount of damage...

Power mode after killing many-a zombies with regular mode: shoot---> Big powerful gersh-cannon!--->back to normal power mode...

So killing zombies doesn't give you more amo, just stronger amo!

I'm going to upload my Version 2 of the Gersch BHW Prototype weapon. Read everything then comment for new changes for Version 3.