unlocked a hidden perk?

tnqscarface

Well I spend most of my games in the fog, and running around. I pretty much never use the bus, and I can't say I've ever come across this. I kill many many many Denizens in every game I play, as well as do a hell of a lot of running around.

There is one thing I don't do though, and I don't know whether maybe this is the key. I don't hold on to my regular knife. I tend to grab the Bowie Knife or Galvinknuckles very early on, so almost all my Denizen kills are with those weapons. Maybe this ability is linked to getting regular knife kills only on the Denizens?

So we're saying the persistent upgrade it gives longer sprinting? I'm still skeptical at the moment, but I might look into this one.

I actually had galvaknuckles the previous 16 round then I died. I spawned in town got jugg tele to diner got a shield, tried to get on the bus but I couldnt catch it so I ran back to the diner with a denizen chasing me, killing i with regular knife.

Ultimtely, green smoke popped out right after sam wasn't burning anymore and while sprinting. so lava + regular knife + denizen + sprinting is key. just gotta figure out how. this is like a mini EE with proof that it does exist!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was the Marathon/Stamin-Up Upgrade Sam Says "I was tired from all that Running, Now I feel Like I can run a Marathon" Is that what he said I couldnt hear the audio. It wasnt from the Denizen either because you could clearly see that before the other. Pretty strange, when I have Jugg it only takes 8 hits to down you in the fire, see how many it takes you!!!

You imply that there definitely is some Marathon/Stamina-Up upgrade, I've never seen any confirmed reports of this. Where are you pulling this info from?

I know for a fact that their is some type of marathon/lightweight Ive got it, If I fall off the bus I can catch up to it & if I buy Stamin-Up I can outrun it most of the time, I know for a fact when you dont have it neither of these can be achieved unless you have Stamin-Up you may be able to catch the bus, Someone else stated they could run 27-32 steps without stopping as can I, Normally its between 18-20 I believe!!!

were you Sam or Did your character say something along the lines of "I was getting tired from all that running, Now I feel like I could run a Marathon"

Edit: Can you easily catch the Bus if your on top & fall off or if it leaves & you run after it, I know I can & I can normally outrun anyone I'm playing with as well.

not only can i easily catch the bus on certain spots of the map i outrun it. if i can't outrun it i can run to the ladder if needed, but like i said i dont really use the bus but every once in a blue. now that you mention it man i also noticed i DIDNT have the galvaknuckles when my green smoke appeared. with the denizen on my head + zombies around.. i believe i was russman when i got this. he did say a quote. something along the lines of feeling young. (not the whole new hip quote.) and for the record your the only other person i know of to have this ive searched everywhere. gratz

Focusing back on the video, one thing I did notice that was interesting, was that you got points when you killed the Denizen (30 to be precise, three lots of +10's), and killing a Denizen doesn't give any points. So I can only assume that the puff of smoke a Denizen gives off when it dies can hurt other zombies, and I think that's the key.

I'm guessing the trigger is to either do so much "Denizen smoke puff" damage to zombies in a game, or maybe to do a certain amount of damage with one smoke puff, or for one smoke puff to damage a certain number of zombies. I reckon one of those things is the trigger for whatever persistent upgrade you got.

Time to experiment!

I would like to add that there is one huge caveat to all this, which is that I am somewhat skeptical of the video itself. The round changes from 17 to 18 while there is a huge hoard of zombies chasing you. I'm not sure why you would have felt the need to edit the video like that, so it does make me question its authenticity. I'm still going to have a little play around anyway, but I'm not going to go and get carried away here.

anyone wanna share their insights?

some interesting things i found.. this happened while I was sam

my friend got a green smoke while knifing as misty.

@OP Unless you confirm that it' s a new perk be sure to name the title properly.

ex: Use "Is this a new perk?" instead of "new perk unlocked".

Thank you.

Tbh the video is poor quality and I see no evidence that the zombies were not exploding while they should have been. You clearly train them for a while before shooting, and the fire animation lasts longer then the fire that triggers the explosions. (I will kill multiple fire zombies without explosion every game, simply because they have been out of the fire for long enough).

Also the added speed you mentioned looks more like theater lagging than anything.

There is a series of +10 points without explanation. What I believe we have is is a combination of theater lag with a delayed headshot. I've shot off zombie heads before, and gotten as much as 50 points from a headless zombie before he goes down. Had he shot enough for the dead shot, this would have given e delay we see. The round changing mid-zombies supports. The eater is obviously lagged with the changing of rounds at the beginning of the vid... Also a possible explanation. I don't think it is anything new

Well that's why I thought maybe the points were coming from the Denizen somehow, but I've just tested it in-game and there's no way that killing a Denizen can give you points. I tried killing one as it was on my head in front of a bunch of zombies so that its mist would explode on the zombies, but nope, no damage to the zombies or points given. I then tried the same but killing the Denizen before it landed on my head, made no difference. Then tried it with flaming zombies in the group, also made no difference. And finally I tried it with a flaming Denizen instead of a normal one, and whadya know, no difference!

I'm officially calling shenanigans on this being anything other than video editing or lag. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Oh, and I still don't believe in a Stamina-Up/Marathon persistent upgrade either until I see more definitive proof. Things like "Oh it feels like I'm running faster" and "I can take more steps while sprinting than I could before" (for all I know you were running around with a HK and you switched to a Ray Gun and were suddenly surprised you could sprint longer and faster) and "Well I think I unlocked it by running around a lot" (because, you know, no one else does that in their games) and "I can like totally outrun the bus" - I too can outrun the bus without Stamina-Up if its like going through the tunnel or over the wooden bridge or something, but it doesn't mean I have a Marathon upgrade. By all means prove me wrong, but at the moment I don't see any such proof.

Well that's why I thought maybe the points were coming from the Denizen somehow, but I've just tested it in-game and there's no way that killing a Denizen can give you points. I tried killing one as it was on my head in front of a bunch of zombies so that its mist would explode on the zombies, but nope, no damage to the zombies or points given. I then tried the same but killing the Denizen before it landed on my head, made no difference. Then tried it with flaming zombies in the group, also made no difference. And finally I tried it with a flaming Denizen instead of a normal one, and whadya know, no difference!

I'm officially calling shenanigans on this being anything other than video editing or lag. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Oh, and I still don't believe in a Stamina-Up/Marathon persistent upgrade either until I see more definitive proof. Things like "Oh it feels like I'm running faster" and "I can take more steps while sprinting than I could before" (for all I know you were running around with a HK and you switched to a Ray Gun and were suddenly surprised you could sprint longer and faster) and "Well I think I unlocked it by running around a lot" (because, you know, no one else does that in their games) and "I can like totally outrun the bus" - I too can outrun the bus without Stamina-Up if its like going through the tunnel or over the wooden bridge or something, but it doesn't mean I have a Marathon upgrade. By all means prove me wrong, but at the moment I don't see any such proof.

its as easy as checking my recent games (Jross cway) xbox . "suddenly suprised i can sprint longer" no. 32 steps is 32 steps. can you do 32 steps ? in any instance ? with or without staminup ? if you can i would love YOU to show a video of you doing it. on the last game i played i purposely ran around to SHOW i have it. should be a 2 player game where i made it to round 31.

(and anyone can catch the bus in the bridge or tunnel AGAIN check the same recent game where i catch up to the bus being way ahead of me on flat ground no tunnel or bridge to slow it...im not gonna waste my time editing a video thats already there so if you dont "believe" its fine, i play splitscreen constantly and im not running more steps/longer distances then my splitscreener and everyone else in game for no reason.)

and on a second note.. where are these extra points hes getting thats LAGGED that everyones seeing ? ARE YALL NOT SEEING HIS PARTNER IS GETTING POINTS THAT WHOLE TIME? he doesnt get ANY points that dont make sense, the video IS NOT LAGGED.( he lags at one point but oh wait ! its when he kills the train, i bet every single person on here lags when they kill a train) Also Point animation falls in all direction. THE ROUND also starts like that because its the START of his clip .. He also doesnt SHOOT AT ALL until after the green smoke dissaptes.

you can say what you want about my post, but everything is fact. I CAN run 32 STEPs and OPs video isnt sketchy AT ALL.