Pylons...

jimmy020889

Hi guys... My train journey is tiring and going around the forums I've noticed no one mention the broken pylons. My apologies if someone has posted already.

There are 2 that I found yesterday - (1) as you enter Farm continue forwards, it's next to the barn with claymores; (2) left of the lamppost at Diner.

What is striking about them is the spark that comes from the broken wire, drawing one's attention. Most of all though - that when you shoot it, it moves. This isn't a typical animation and I think it suggests the pylons are intractable...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All four of those wires are interactable: if you put a turbine within distance of one, a door will open into one of the "bus part rooms" located at the bus depot, the diner, the farm, and the town.

Dude...! I'm not a n00b; I'm aware of the electric powered doors, which are not opened by the pylons...

Actually he's talking about the broken power towers that are over the road in a couple spots.

I have tried interacting with these, even from on top of an EMP'd bus. They seem to me like they would make a good trap of some sort. Electrifying the 4 conductors could create an electric trap of sorts. I've honestly tried everything I can think of though to no avail. Even tried to turbine the sparking generator to jump the power over to the one going from the broken wall at power over the road. Notta.

I'm willing to try any good ideas though but so far no dice.

Hi guys... My train journey is tiring and going around the forums I've noticed no one mention the broken pylons. My apologies if someone has posted already.

There are 2 that I found yesterday - (1) as you enter Farm continue forwards, it's next to the barn with claymores; (2) left of the lamppost at Diner.

What is striking about them is the spark that comes from the broken wire, drawing one's attention. Most of all though - that when you shoot it, it moves. This isn't a typical animation and I think it suggests the pylons are intractable...

I have noticed that there seems to be more pylons than the one that is included in the Tower of Babel Easter Egg, but they seem to be unreachable.

ah yes the 10 of them or so running in line across the map. Get rid of the fog and you will see them all. I've tried doing things with turbine and the table part from the EE all around each of these. Most are unreachable but some you can reach a corner or edge of them. No luck so far in anything I've tried with people.

Yes, these are the ones I'm refering to. There is one right at the beginning of the corn maze, it is the only one that seems remotely reachable.

Tried old school shooting them with ray gun, jet gun, etc.?

Shameless self promotion time! I'm away for Xmas, but if anyone would like to do some EE hunting, debunking or good ol' high rounds my GT for Xbox is Jimmy020889. I've deposited all I can to the bank, capable of making jet gun (even when clans are trolling, which seems to happening a lot!) and highest round is 24 (I had to leave).