Framerate issues

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty disappointed about the frame rate problem in zombies. When a hoard is killed off, the frame rate drops significantly. Its kind of crappy that a game engine this old hasn't been polished enough to fix this. It makes the game feel substandard. Thoughts?

I've never experienced this. What system are you playing on? 360? PS3? PC?

I am pretty disappointed about the frame rate problem in zombies. When a hoard is killed off, the frame rate drops significantly. Its kind of crappy that a game engine this old hasn't been polished enough to fix this. It makes the game feel substandard. Thoughts?

I've never experienced this. What system are you playing on? 360? PS3? PC?

i've encountered this numerous times in the tunnel. kiting a group of 10-15 or so and opening them up with an lmg will throttle your frame rate for a few seconds between all the death animations, splattering heads and flying limbs. its hardly a game breaker, as you'll only encounter the issue when you drop a huge herd in rapid succession... nothing shocking.

i'm on a 360.

If your playing on a ps3 or 360 it isnt because of the game engine, its because both the consoles are outdated so its abit hard to handle, another reason why treyarch threw in so much fog was obviously because of the moon easter egg but also because both the consoles wouldnt be able to handle it.

As soon as the "720" and "ps4" come out next year this wont happen cause they will be updated and just as good as a good gaming pc :)

If your playing on a ps3 or 360 it isnt because of the game engine, its because both the consoles are outdated so its abit hard to handle, another reason why treyarch threw in so much fog was obviously because of the moon easter egg but also because both the consoles wouldnt be able to handle it.

As soon as the "720" and "ps4" come out next year this wont happen cause they will be updated and just as good as a good gaming pc :)

The 369/PS3 aren't outdated. The Engine is.

If Zombies were to run on, lets say, The Unreal Engine 3. There wouldn't be any framerate issues/huge amounts of fog.

Downside is that we would be playing in 30 fps max instead of 60.

• Moderators

The 360/PS3 aren't outdated.

The consoles and the engine are both outdated. :P

On topic: I experience this on the ps3 as well. And without even playing on the Xbox you can believe me when I say that it isn't as bad on the 360.

Since BO1 we (the ps3 people) get a ported Xbox game.

Because the cod developers are too lazy to make a proper ps3 game.

Or they don't have enough time...or both. :lol:

Which is the cause for a worse game. (technical wise)

On BO1 the ps3 had lower fps and we did not get the "all mighty" 60 fps. (Just to name another example.)

Yeah, I get it bad on the Xbox. Mostly when taking out a whole horde. And yes, the consoles and the engine are both outdated. But why should they update the engine? Why should they fix the lag compensation, hit detection, and outdated net coding in the multiplayer? There's no reason to update much of anything, because they can pretty much do the bare minimum and make billions of dollars every year. I can say with 100% certainty I will not be buying Call of Duty next year. Hell, if it weren't for Zombies I wouldn't have bought Black Ops II.