Nacht Der Untoten area could be a facade...

ninezerowill

I got to thinking about the inclusion of Nacht in Green Run, and I realized something.

Nacht has appeared in every Treyarch made CoD since WaW. Here's a crazy theory that might just be true:

What if the Nacht we see in Green Run is a staging area, the same exact one from WaW?

Let me explain a little bit more. Maybe it's possible that the Nazi zombies first encountered there were captured POWs that were experimented on, and the Nazi vehicles were placed there before being broken down for scrap? Maybe 3arc fooled us from the start of Zombies!

When we first played Nacht in WaW, everything seemed relatively normal. Windows boarded up, access to the upstairs area and HELP room intact. However, when we find it in Green Run, it's a mess. As if hundreds of zombies had overrun the 4 nameless unknown soldiers we played as the first time.

This is JUST a theory. Nacht has confused me and it irks me to no end that it still can't be placed solidly at any point during the story. Because 3arc released official info that the outbreak at Nacht was indeed the 2nd outbreak.

Thoughts?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it doesn't fit because they never really expected zombies to become as popular as it has now. It was originally meant to just be a little bonus for those who beat the campaign. Verruckt has some story elements to it, but I think all the EEs Treyarch threw in there were mainly just references to some WWII stories. They just linked them to the story later on.

Take the creation of Samantha Maxis, a lot of people were reporting that they kept hearing the zombies randomly shout "SAM" and so they decided to make her the creepy voice they already had in there and made it more feminine and gave her a background story in Der Riese.

Treyarch has pretty much left the creation of the story up to us. They throw in all these little "clues" pertaining to Nazis/WWII/Secret Government sites or experiments/e.t.c and let us piece them together.

Nacht der Untoten is what started it all, so naturally every game that has zombies in it will have some sort of homage toward it.

I think it doesn't fit because they never really expected zombies to become as popular as it has now. It was originally meant to just be a little bonus for those who beat the campaign. Verruckt has some story elements to it, but I think all the EEs Treyarch threw in there were mainly just references to some WWII stories. They just linked them to the story later on.

Take the creation of Samantha Maxis, a lot of people were reporting that they kept hearing the zombies randomly shout "SAM" and so they decided to make her the creepy voice they already had in there and made it more feminine and gave her a background story in Der Riese.

Treyarch has pretty much left the creation of the story up to us. They throw in all these little "clues" pertaining to Nazis/WWII/Secret Government sites or experiments/e.t.c and let us piece them together.

Nacht der Untoten is what started it all, so naturally every game that has zombies in it will have some sort of homage toward it.

Thanks for your reply. I mean not everything we find in Zombies has to be justified, but I can't shake the feeling that Nacht wasn't placed in Green Run just for the sake of nostalgia. It just makes you think. That's what I love about Treyarch, if your in it for more than just Zombie killing, your brain and ability to find knowledge will certainly be tested.

Ever since I saw/heard the Maxis quote:

"Nothing to see here for now. Maybe down the road we will re-visit this place. What a lovely place!"

I've been convinced he is referring to Nacht Der Untoten.

Very nice inclusion! Doesn't Richtofen say something similar about Nacht? I could have sworn I heard him say something similar...

Personally I think we're basically at the diner at the end of the world and everything moving forward is going to be a prequel to Green Run. Nacht probably isn't actually nacht but so close a resemblance that in a later DLC when the O4 see it it will spark memories for them and possible turn into something more.

My other theory is that Green Run used to be a military base/area and Nacht here is a replica of the Nazi's base that soldiers used for training when they were about to go to war with the Nazi's.

• Administrators

How could they? The people at Nacht were four random Marines, not the O4. Unless you're talking about the NDU remake in Black Ops, which isn't canon.

On what circumstances was NDU on Black Ops not canon? Remember how people noticed the difference between "Der Reise" and "Der Riese"? I'm not claiming that it isn't relevant to the storyline, however, anything that Treyarch has delivered to us contained some valuable aspect of evidence in the zombie saga. Whether it be minuscule or extremely important, something valuable lies in each of the maps.

In the BO2 strategy guide the Nacht area is called 'Prototype.' Maybe Treyarch retrofitted a story where this is the original location pre WW2 and the one in WaW is some sort of Nazi testing ground to see how captured and memory erased soldiers (like Tank was) survive against the element 115 infected zombies.

In the BO2 strategy guide the Nacht area is called 'Prototype.' Maybe Treyarch retrofitted a story where this is the original location pre WW2 and the one in WaW is some sort of Nazi testing ground to see how captured and memory erased soldiers (like Tank was) survive against the element 115 infected zombies.

I love this idea. Testing ground makes more sense, since we never found out the identities of the original 4 marines.

Personally I think we're basically at the diner at the end of the world and everything moving forward is going to be a prequel to Green Run

¿Qué coño? ¿Te refieres a continuación? :shock:

Google translate: What the fuck? You mean then?

I mean that the future DLC's might lead up to Green Run. As opposed to continuing on from Green Run (till maybe the last one when everything comes together). Like the story of how our new 4 met and things they did prior to Green Run. I'm not completely convinced that Green Run happens at the same time or right after Nuketown and Moon. I think the Earths atmosphere would have taken a lot longer to clear from a nuclear winter. I don't think our peeps could be running around unprotected right after the nukes went off. But hey I'm no scientist so I really don't know how these things would work. I also think there's some sort of time space rift happening as well, I think our characters are from different periods and places in time.

Just my theories, don't shoot me.

Buenos días, señor!

I came up with this idea that the plane you see outside the original 'NDU' may have been carrying scientists & soilders as part of 'Operation Paperclip'. The plane was carrying Element 115 & Nuclear Scientists back to Hanford to begin work on the Nuclear developments. (remember that Hanford developed the Nuclear bomb that was dropped on Japan)

Because NDU was the first map & at the time had no relation to a story, this may be a way that it is now incorporated into it. Was NDU located at the Hanford Site? Operation Paperclip brought back Nazi Nuclear Scientists to the Hanford Nuclear Site?

There's lots of flaws with this theory but it could work.

I highly doubt any DLC's will be prequels, because that wouldn't make any sense as far as the easter egg goes. I believe the voices even say there is no more we can do here. We're definitely going forward from here, this is slightly after the Moon EE, world just blown up, fire still burning everywhere. Nonetheless, I cannot wait for the next maps.

I would agree that Nacht was only included as a throwback to the origins of the game. The original mode had no story line at all and was meant to be an arcade game. We start the "Nazi Zombies" after beating the game and we appear to be a wounded soldiar crawling from the wreckage of a plane crash in a thick fog when we see NAZI zombies running toward us.

This inclusion into GREEN RUN is there as a clue yes, but not such a significant one.

I am pretty sure that it was built into the level to firstly establish a reward for exploring the massive level and the sections that don't seem obvious to explore, and secondly as just another hidden location to discover that contains secret stuff.

I wouldnt read too much into it.

I'm so glad I discovered NDU in GR on my own without even knowing it was included. It's funny how it meant that much more to stumble upon it rather than reading about it and seeking it out. My girl's 9 year old is hardcore into Zombies and we were playing together when we found it, both running through the cornfields with crazy little beasts clawing at our eyes, we were not expecting to end up at NDU, or a prototype of it or whatever. Surprisingly, I realized what it was from the handful of times I had played BO1 with him before he did.

"DUDE IT'S THAT PLACE FROM BLACK OPS!!"

"Huh?"

"THE PLACE DUDE!! WITH THE GLITCH YOU TOLD ME TO STAND IN BECAUSE I ALWAYS DIE!!! THE ONE WHERE THE BOX NEVER MOVES!

"Oh my gosh..... it's Nacht Der Untoten."

"YEAH, THAT PLACE!!"

"Duuuuuuude."

Good times.

• Administrators

The 4 marines were the 4 sent in to extract peter (from verruckt) who were lead by tank dempsey,

Also official callofduty.com intel states NDU was the second outbreak

Zombies always had a story, you just dont realise it yet, NDU was important, not just a starter map.

Call of Duty does say that, however it can be taken in different ways. They state that "ever since the second outbreak at Nacht der Untoten, troops have been noticing strange radio transmissions", which can be taken as either Nacht being the second outbreak, or that there were two outbreaks at Nacht. It's hard to tell based on the syntax.

Just to point out, the actual mapname for Nacht was nazi_zombie_prototype (along these lines). Thats another reason for prototype.

I truly think that Nacht is relevant. It's the only old map featured, and I'm willing to bet it isn't for the nostalgia. I'm ready for this story to unfold, as I'm fairly certain that Nacht has everything to do with the origin.

What really stands out to me is that Nacht, according to Green Run, was "connected" all along (whether they meant to or not). I truly believe that unless it is just 3arc cleaning up their story, time travel will be a possibility in future DLC's.

-Sedan

Since Soviets were said to be at Nacht der Untoten at some point, I think that that may be the second outbreak. I'd have to read up on my storyline to tell you exactly. But yeah, point is, Nacht der Untoten did indeed have a story. It was just put up retroactively.

This.

Retroactively! 3arc did not realize the potential of the game mode, and have been scrambling to figure out a way to implement it into the main theme/plot of Zombies. Now it's up to us to figure it out.

I mean, think about it, why the hell would there be US Marines in Germany after the war? The level description tells us: "You drove them deep into the heart of the Reich, you thought they were dead. You thought Wrong."

OKAY! So why are we not playing as Russian soldiers? The whole element of US Marines being the playable characters just throws me for a loop!

Cheers!

• Administrators

Since Soviets were said to be at Nacht der Untoten at some point, I think that that may be the second outbreak. I'd have to read up on my storyline to tell you exactly. But yeah, point is, Nacht der Untoten did indeed have a story. It was just put up retroactively.

This.

Retroactively! 3arc did not realize the potential of the game mode, and have been scrambling to figure out a way to implement it into the main theme/plot of Zombies. Now it's up to us to figure it out.

I mean, think about it, why the hell would there be US Marines in Germany after the war? The level description tells us: "You drove them deep into the heart of the Reich, you thought they were dead. You thought Wrong."

OKAY! So why are we not playing as Russian soldiers? The whole element of US Marines being the playable characters just throws me for a loop!

Cheers!

My theory is that they were getting things from Der Riese during the Massacre at Der Riese. They grabbed Element 115, which we know to have electrical properties, and it may have downed the plane. If not that, then perhaps Element 115 from the battlefield it was flying over disrupted it all. Point is, the plane crashed with four U.S. Marines inside of it, the "why" is what I don't understand. Why it crashed is a mystery, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to Element 115.

One thing I had considered was if the Americans had built the place in an attempt to get an understanding. I mean they said that their Soviet allies were at Nacht, so they built a replica. All of these are me just throwing out ideas, by the way, I'm not stating any of these as fact. Feel free to rip them to shreds, as that will get us steps closer to finding the truth.