Not just glitching or losing connection, 100% freezing up...

Bigshrimpn83

This is like the fourth time today that my PS has froze up, I'm on Rd 26. Unfuckingbelievable. Every time it happens I have to turn it off, wait for it to reboot, it's fucking ridiculous. It's never froze up before. I'm usually the last one left in a game, EVERYONE else quits when they go down. I'm assuming my 1,000 kills don't count? WTF is up with this bullshit, am I the only one experiencing this? Is does it literally every day but 4 times in one day and it's still early, something has to be up here, it's been happening often but I'm pissed enough now to start a thread about it. Is there anything I can do to stop this or at least minimalize it; erase other game data or something?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll warn all you PS3 BO2 players out there now then and heed my warning. Stop playing BO2, because it WILL burn out your blu ray drive. Especially if you are a hardcore CoD player (like myself who learned the hard way). BO2 simply has too much data which is why it constantly freezes the game (more than any other CoD I've played), and makes PS3 wheeze as much as mine did. BO2 = PS3 killer.

That's what happens when the PS3 get's a ported Xbox 360 game. But yeah it's normal for PS3. I've experienced it in Multiplayer but not Zombies, though i'm sure it doesn't matter.

:cry:

Was fairly new for me. BO1 and MW3 probably froze my ps3 around 5 times in total playing them. In the month I had BO2...every damn day, without fail it froze it up.

• Moderators

Just froze on me again. <.>

This is ridiculous.

Just so you know: It froze on me 1 time in the campaign,1 time in the zombie theater and 5/6 times in regular mp.

I don't know what they did but it was nothing good.

I mean can't we expect this game to work?

We paid a ridiculous amount of money on it...and what do we get?

A console breaking product.

I can deal with the whole exclusive dlc,the overprised dlc,the glitches,connection issues,me waisting money on the hardened edition,the day one patches etc.

But I have to fear that my ps3 is going to die?

Not to mention how expensive those consoles are as well.

Stop releasing a game every year and actually take good care of it before releasing a new game,Activi$ion.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft told them to make the ps3 version worse. :lol:

where is your ps3 guys ?

because here i have no problem with any game, bo2 freezes sometimes for a minute, sometimes we can't get a game to begin for hours but the console isn't heating that much... here it is always locked in a dust free drawer every night and when we play we get it out, in a well ventilated place and everything works fine... and we have it since COD4...

maybe consider buying a laptop cooler ? my laptop is almost five year old and it used to reach 90°C before i bought a 40€ cooler master thing... now it's 60°C max...

lol come on now lenne!! but your absolutely right!! for me being an R.P.G fan is the only reason i got a PS3 and have been loyal. but since you can play pretty well play all square-enix title's on 360 now, the exclusive's for PS3 are nill in my opinon. Games like God Of War and Gran Turismo are what makes me glad to own a PS3 but if they all of a sudden started catering to Microsoft id pretty much put my PS3 in storage. regardless, activision/treyarch owns the marketplace be it PS3 or 360 and we hold them to high standard and its completely unfair to recieve a game with that many bugs. im sure activision and treyarch have the resources to make a semi bugfree game in a year cause they have the top selling video game franchise in the world!

hindsight, well lets just say i definitely would of never preorder'd

where is your ps3 guys ?

because here i have no problem with any game, bo2 freezes sometimes for a minute, sometimes we can't get a game to begin for hours but the console isn't heating that much... here it is always locked in a dust free drawer every night and when we play we get it out, in a well ventilated place and everything works fine... and we have it since COD4...

maybe consider buying a laptop cooler ? my laptop is almost five year old and it used to reach 90°C before i bought a 40€ cooler master thing... now it's 60°C max...

I've kept my ps3 on a separate shelf for over 3 years. There's nothing next to it. its been working fine for 3 years. BO2 comes along and goodbye blu ray drive.

http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #413694019

http://www.facebook.com/BlackOps2BrokeMyPs3

and I'm guessing there are many more sites. It's ridiculous. I even replaced my Blu ray drive thinking that it might have just been worn out, but nope. Black Ops 2 still froze and damaged my console. Every other game worked fine, but now I'm having to try a full default system restore to try and get it to read games again. This is with a brand spanking new Blu ray drive.

The worst part is how pathetic Activision support is. They have no idea what they're doing. For example, this is the reply I received after explaining the hard freeze problem to the, including the specs of my PS3, router, where I bought the game, BLES code, the lot. After waiting 10, yes, 10 days for a reply, I received this insightful message:

Regarding you're concern on you're PS3 please check if ever you got some friend request on you're PS3 please accept it or decline also if the freezing still continue please check you're port if it is all in the proper port I will provide you with the correct port for PS3.

How helpfull! :|

How is my router causing my PS3 to freeze up? Seriously.

They have no idea.

Also, Acti_support BLOCKED me on twitter for asking if they were looking into the problem! No foul language or accusations, just BAM! But they love replying to idiots crying about the small things.

I paid £60 for this. A bust PS3 and a shiny frisbee. Fantastic. So glad I didn't buy the season pass.

:!: Take this problem somewhere else, what does this have to do with COD Zombies? Stop being lazy and do some searching to fix your OWN problems, we are trying to figure out Zombie Gameplay/EEs/and overall Zombie interests not your fucking router and your petty internet connection. Do we even have admins to delete pointless posts like these? Stop wasting time and space, that is what Facebook is for. :!:

• Moderators

:!: Take this problem somewhere else, what does this have to do with COD Zombies? Stop being lazy and do some searching to fix your OWN problems, we are trying to figure out Zombie Gameplay/EEs/and overall Zombie interests not your fucking router and your petty internet connection. Do we even have admins to delete pointless posts like these? Stop wasting time and space, that is what Facebook is for. :!:

Yes this does belong somewhere else.

But since he posted it here people might as well reply.

Although I have to say that your reply to this was pointless.

Oh and please watch your language.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413694019#413694019

http://www.facebook.com/BlackOps2BrokeMyPs3

and I'm guessing there are many more sites. It's ridiculous. I even replaced my Blu ray drive thinking that it might have just been worn out, but nope. Black Ops 2 still froze and damaged my console. Every other game worked fine, but now I'm having to try a full default system restore to try and get it to read games again. This is with a brand spanking new Blu ray drive.

The worst part is how pathetic Activision support is. They have no idea what they're doing. For example, this is the reply I received after explaining the hard freeze problem to the, including the specs of my PS3, router, where I bought the game, BLES code, the lot. After waiting 10, yes, 10 days for a reply, I received this insightful message:

Regarding you're concern on you're PS3 please check if ever you got some friend request on you're PS3 please accept it or decline also if the freezing still continue please check you're port if it is all in the proper port I will provide you with the correct port for PS3.

How helpfull! :|

How is my router causing my PS3 to freeze up? Seriously.

They have no idea.

Also, Acti_support BLOCKED me on twitter for asking if they were looking into the problem! No foul language or accusations, just BAM! But they love replying to idiots crying about the small things.

I paid £60 for this. A bust PS3 and a shiny frisbee. Fantastic. So glad I didn't buy the season pass.

Lol please don't even talk me about activision's horsesh*t support. I filed a complaint to them that my nuketown 2025 code didn't work, after three days they replied back and gave me...Wait for it...another nuketown 2025 code that doesn't work. I replied saying that it doesn't work, and they just let it die.

d

I don't have a PS3, I play on Xbox. With that said I don't have much freezing happening. Yet I do however notice my xbox working extremely hard to where sometimes I can hear it over my turtle beaches.. I should probably stop playing this game as well before my console burns up but im addicted :(

I don't have a PS3, I play on Xbox. With that said I don't have much freezing happening. Yet I do however notice my xbox working extremely hard to where sometimes I can hear it over my turtle beaches.. I should probably stop playing this game as well before my console burns up but im addicted :(

Notice this as well, it runs like a jet engine for awhile then slows down, however if you switch modes(zombies to MP, Mp to zombies, ect) it sounds like a jet engine again.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is a problem with the game since I have it installed to the xbox harddrive.

Notice this as well, it runs like a jet engine for awhile then slows down, however if you switch modes(zombies to MP, Mp to zombies, ect) it sounds like a jet engine again.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is a problem with the game since I have it installed to the xbox harddrive.

You hit the nail on the head with "jet engine" that's exactly what it does and I was wondering the same thing becuase I also have it installed to the hard drive makes me wonder why its still sounds like its trying super hard to read it from the disc.

Sorry, I posted this here because I thought it may be just a Zombies issue, if not just a Tranzit issue, it's never happened to me anywhere else, though Zombies gets a majority of play and Tranzit gets a majority of that. Add in the fact that this is the only part of this forum I visit on a daily basis and it seems like a logical place to put it. Anyway I bet it got more replies here than it would've elsewhere and I've got some ideas to try, a laptop cooler thingee being the first I intend to try even though I'm not convinced its a hardware issue.

But yeah, move it delete it whatever, don't wanna offend anyone else.

Oh and Sauce, that happens so often I thought it's just what happens when the host quits. Maybe incentive to host your own games. I wish that playing a game of Grief REQUIRED you to stay until it was over. I get all the reasons why this wouldn't be logical but nevertheless, people dropping out of Grief really irks me.