Samuel Voices Theory

TheRealKG

I've had a theory for a while about why Samuel can hear Richtofen. I think it's because he's eaten zombie flesh before. After listening to all of his quotes, I think it's quite clear.

He calls zombies meatlockers, mindless flesh burritos, and stuff like that.

I also remember Abigail saying something like this, "You ready for some flesh Stuhlinger, cause I'm about to drop a lot of meat".

Here are some quotes:

"You don't bite me, I bite YOU!"

"That's right. She's next. Always being too nosy. Asking about who I'm talking to, who I'm eating. No, no! Shut up!"

"Okay, now you're just making me hungry!"

There are also a couple of quotes from the TV in the farm house:

"I'll do it. I'll do it for you. For you and the FLESH!"

Presumably he's listening to Richtofen's instructions.

"The other voice(Richtofen)cannot be heard by humans who have not (static noise makes the voice unclear)".

I think he says they cannot be heard by people have not eaten zombie flesh.

If this theory has been posted before I apologize. Tell me what you guys think!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a theory for a while about why Samuel can hear Richtofen. I think it's because he's eaten zombie flesh before. After listening to all of his quotes, I think it's quite clear.

He calls zombies meatlockers, mindless flesh burritos, and stuff like that.

I also remember Abigail saying something like this, "You ready for some flesh Stuhlinger, cause I'm about to drop a lot of meat".

Here are some quotes:

"You don't bite me, I bite YOU!"

"That's right. She's next. Always being too nosy. Asking about who I'm talking to, who I'm eating. No, no! Shut up!"

"Okay, now you're just making me hungry!"

There are also a couple of quotes from the TV in the farm house:

"I'll do it. I'll do it for you. For you and the FLESH!"

Presumably he's listening to Richtofen's instructions.

"The other voice(Richtofen)cannot be heard by humans who have not (static noise makes the voice unclear)".

I think he says they cannot be heard by people have not eaten zombie flesh.

If this theory has been posted before I apologize. Tell me what you guys think!

WOW!,NOW IT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators

It sounds very possible for his particular case. We know there are separate ways of hearing voices, depending on what you interact with. Richtofen can hear the voices that were stores inside the pyramid. Samuel can hear Richtofen by supposedly eating flesh. The only thing that I have to ask is, how do the people from Jackass Flats hear Richtofen? Did they have to eat flesh or are there other methods for Edward to get into the minds of those on Earth?

"Several of our party began to hear the voices, and they're competting instructions and combatible demands drove a wedge down the center of the camp. Half of the camp is carrying out the demands of *inaudible* only through electronics *inaudible*."

"You think you're sooo smart, huh? *Short chuckle* You think you can manipulate everybody to do it, which you want, but we know that you *static* calculate how it works with your sinister agents, hm? You mean to destroy this planet and kill us all! We're not gonna help! No way no how! So yeah, you keep talking. No one's gonna hear you because we destroyed everything. Everything electronic, starting with evil radio-box-thing."

Anyone checked to see if Samuel has a hearing aid?

"Several of our party began to hear the voices, and they're competting instructions and combatible demands drove a wedge down the center of the camp. Half of the camp is carrying out the demands of *inaudible* only through electronics *inaudible*."

"You think you're sooo smart, huh? *Short chuckle* You think you can manipulate everybody to do it, which you want, but we know that you *static* calculate how it works with your sinister agents, hm? You mean to destroy this planet and kill us all! We're not gonna help! No way no how! So yeah, you keep talking. No one's gonna hear you because we destroyed everything. Everything electronic, starting with evil radio-box-thing."

Anyone checked to see if Samuel has a hearing aid?

I honestly think he would be too paranoid to wear one even if he had to.

You find that out in moon when he is talkin to richtofen through the computer he is no longer a human but in fact an A.I.

That may be true, but Maxis in the EE talks about wanting an EMP. Besides that, there is the obvious fact that Maxis wants the power off. So although what you're saying is true, it would make no sense to have no problem turning power off and generating EMPs if you depend on electronics for communication.

Nice theory, BUT (and I'm dissapointed in you guys ;) some of those quotes are an homage to to Romero's zombie films... "you don't bite me, I bite you!" I think is day of the dead, and slightly altered.

Anyone notice Samue's canny resemblance to Romero... Just throwing it out there!

Stuhlinger is NOT Samuel, he was a Nazi scientist that was employed after the surrender of Germany under operation paperclip (in real life btw!) by Washington.

Something I considered today, when playing as Marlton... He refers to Rusman and Misty occasionally but never to Samuel. Do the other guys refer to him? I'm not trying to give way to bogus theories, like he isn't really there, but the outsider and someone the group feels they cannot trust, etc.

It sounds very possible for his particular case. We know there are separate ways of hearing voices, depending on what you interact with. Richtofen can hear the voices that were stores inside the pyramid. Samuel can hear Richtofen by supposedly eating flesh. The only thing that I have to ask is, how do the people from Jackass Flats hear Richtofen? Did they have to eat flesh or are there other methods for Edward to get into the minds of those on Earth?

I think its because of how vulnerable his mind is. Hes paranoid and thinks everything is a conspiracy, and seems like a smart guy so its possible rich saw him as the most vulnerable and open to suggestion. So rich (playing devil), talks to the only guy gullible enough to listen. Either that or he came into contact with some mystical object, as most of the time in cod zombies you don't start hearing voices till you touch something weird. Eating a zombie though just seems...unlikely.

I think its because of how vulnerable his mind is. Hes paranoid and thinks everything is a conspiracy, and seems like a smart guy so its possible rich saw him as the most vulnerable and open to suggestion. So rich (playing devil), talks to the only guy gullible enough to listen. Either that or he came into contact with some mystical object, as most of the time in cod zombies you don't start hearing voices till you touch something weird. Eating a zombie though just seems...unlikely.

Don't think Richtofen just chose him either, if you notice when hes talking to him about the EE he says that he is the only one that is able to hear him. So naturally rich is going to talk to him.

Someone posted a thread saying the same thing a week or two ago. The thread went overlooked by most but I remember commenting on it.

I'm under this impression as well. Samuel literally has 5 or 6 different quotes about eating zombie flesh. One or two quotes I could see as just being a joke or something, but there are a multitude of quotes. We know the zombie flesh has 115 in it. Samuel's existing paranoia combined with the consumption of 115, would be a reasonable explanation for why he hears Richtofen.

Still some issues here. Everyone can hear Richtofen through power ups and box movement and such.

Well, I mean there is no issue if you agree with him eating zombie meat, because then him being the only person to eat zombie meat would give him and richtofen like...a personal connection or something :lol:. IDK just sounds like too much.

Bear in mind guys, richtofen had a million and one quotes about the flesh, the pulmonary system, and blood. And we've all played zombies before so you should know "erotic" it is to him ("ohh the blood is so...erotic" remember that one? :lol:). Now we know that rich has never banged a zombie, so just cuz he makes jokes about eating them, doesn't mean he actually has or will.

Yeah, I definitely think there's some foreshadowing here and there that aliens will be more involved with zombies with future DLC. Whether it will be just with the storyline or with the gameplay also I don't know... but I think they will have some involvement with things. There's also a strong possibility that the Denizens could be alien to some degree.... possibly hybrids.

• Administrators

He also makes a lot of comments about aliens and about possibly having been abducted. So it could also be that he can hear Richtofen because of some device implanted in him by aliens at some point. Just throwing that out there.

"That's for all the times your kind probed us Earth-folk!"

"Holy shnikes it's an alien!"

"I know what those aliens do inside their flying discs!"

"The aliens try to talk to me at night, when I'm trying to sleep!"

All the quotes regarding aliens by Samuel J. Stuhlinger in Green Run.

Nuketown zombies map loading screen pretty much depicts aliens. the Vril i believe. but i cant be sure. i think its entirely possible that aliens can be involved given what samuel says.

The only thing that could possibly be construed as a depiction of the Vril-ya specifically is really only a reference, and it's the color of the electricity. The color is yellow, same as the color of the VRIL Energy inside the V-R11. That is only circumstantial and a loose theory, but I suppose it's something.

He also makes a lot of comments about aliens and about possibly having been abducted. So it could also be that he can hear Richtofen because of some device implanted in him by aliens at some point. Just throwing that out there.

"That's for all the times your kind probed us Earth-folk!"

"Holy shnikes it's an alien!"

"I know what those aliens do inside their flying discs!"

"The aliens try to talk to me at night, when I'm trying to sleep!"

All the quotes regarding aliens by Samuel J. Stuhlinger in Green Run.

I swear I remember him saying something about abductions, then pausing and saying something to the effect of "Or... so I've... heard" as if he's trying to hide the fact that he himself was abducted. It might actually be the "flying discs" quote, now that I think about it. Can't quite remember.

Edit; Here's one "No don't probe me! Not again!"

Still looking for the one I was thinking about.

Here it is... it is the flying discs quote;

"I know what those aliens do inside their flying discs! I.... heard all about it."

Also, listening to all his quotes, Samuel seems to be a Megadeth fan. He says something about "High speed dirt" which is the name of a Megadeth song, and also says "Killing is my business... and business is good!" which was the name of their first album.