Flammenwerfer

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

"That is indeed the explosive compound trinitrotoluene."

"Chemical bonds being shattered in the most glorious fashion!"

Those are two quotes by Marlton on Green Run. Ever notice how when you shoot the Zombies that are on fire, it literally causes an explosion? It seems as though that either the lava isn't really the kind of lava we think and there's more to it, or the Zombies are wearing or contain some sort of chemical, but either way, that is not normal fire.

• Administrators

Ya, I find this interesting, I never really noticed how odd it is. And the fact that they explode. I think something happened to the zombies while they were at the hospital/asylum.

Also has anyone tried to see what real life hospitals and asylums are near Hanford, because maybe that's a big clue.

The name Hanford Sanitarium is seen as patches on varying suits around the map. I have yet to see the suit, but some it's on a Zombie. In case anyone isn't aware, a sanitarium (also spelled sanatorium) is a medical facility to treat the mentally ill, like how Verruckt is actually taking place at the Wittenau Sanatorium. There is one result that I have found for Hanford Sanitarium, and it's located in Hanford, California. It replaced by the Kings County Hospital in 1910, where it was used as a hospital until 1973. It is a fully legit, operating place to this day, where parts of it is used as government buildings.

As for anything directly near Hanford, I've yet to find anything fishy.

Those are two quotes by Marlton on Green Run. Ever notice how when you shoot the Zombies that are on fire, it literally causes an explosion? It seems as though that either the lava isn't really the kind of lava we think and there's more to it, or the Zombies are wearing or contain some sort of chemical, but either way, that is not normal fire.

Well that must be the explanation then. Huh.

• Administrators

If we're going by the technicality of zombies surviving through the lava, then couldn't we insinuate the same for us? I mean, I don't know a single human being that could just run through lava and be still standing in one piece. But the thought of zombies surviving it alone does mean that something fishy is going on here.

As for the comparison to the fire traps, having a wall of uncontrolled fire cover a zombie at what-seems-to-be rapid flaring and very high temperatures is not exactly the same as running through lava. I always assumed though that the lava wasn't really a pool as we thought; rather, it's actually sitting on molten lava mixed with the road much like a piece of paper on the floor?

It also explains why zombies are easier to kill when they are burning or inside the lava. May be its the explosions that damage other zombies or I am seeing things.

or it's just a videogame. Get over yourself people, cod was never about realism, not only are .50 cal snipers before bo2 not 1 shot kill ANYWHERE even tho they are in the same rank as ptrs, an how the shooter can hold the sniper, an additional MG and still run like a fucking marathoner, please let's focus on that. How about this one, let's see if anyone can answer this one: How come you can still walk if a handgrenade explodes right under your feet, as if NO HARM was taken from shrapnel

I'm with this guy. Lava hurts the zombies to the extent it hurts us.. We take hit markers, they catch on fire..

As for the fire traps, those would kill a player instantly (put you down), as it did the zombies.. Makes perfect sense to me.

What I'd like to know is why there are no real traps on Green Run.. On the pointless buildable, unpowered one from the power station.

it is like the bus killing the zombies with the cow catcher. when a zombie is 100% of its life, and gets killed by staying in lava, getting hit by the bus or just being tired of running, it will respawn.

if it has already received some bullets from you, it will die and the round will end if it is the last zombie.

I think we are getting a little off topic here. No one is saying that the game is realistic. There are Zombies so that throws any realism out the window immediately. What the OP was question was the rules already established by the zombie universe.

I believe InfestLithium has the best answer in that it is simply a layer of lava and not the wall of fire used in the traps.

^ thanks. Stay on topic people.

Well, let's think.

It would take a considerable amount of time for a human to succumb to death by flames when their clothes were simply on fire. It takes approximately 9 seconds for your nerves to be destroyed, removing your brain's ability to sense via your sense of feel that you are on fire. However zombie's either don't feel or react to pain so this doesn't matter.

Another thing to poibt out is that apart from damage to the organs in your body by direct contact with flame (unlikely; it would take a while to burn all the way through your body into your insides) the most likely cause of death would be immense damage to the brain. The liquid in and around your brain would boil resulting in death. However we know they can function without their heads.

One final thing to mention is that the zombies' flames go out after about ten to fifteen seconds. This isn't nearly enough time to fatally damage internal organs. However repeatedly running through the fire keeping them burning for minutes at a time is also not fatal. But my explanation for that is simply...

If there were loads of permanent fire traps everywhere, you wouldn't have to fire a single bullet to make it to round 9001. Isn't it obvious that they just wanted to add / modify a burdensome mechanic but not have it help you like it did in the past?

Cone on people. You should know that gameplay prevails over realism. That goes for you off-topic posters as well!

It is possible that the flames in previous maps are a lot hotter and more deadly then the lava at green run...

I mean look: the lava doesn't kill you instantly like the fire trap did if you were to walk in it... My theory is that the fire on previous maps is alot stronger and more violent, and the lava has slight protection, due to foot wear and dead flesh...

It is possible that the flames in previous maps are a lot hotter and more deadly then the lava at green run...

I mean look: the lava doesn't kill you instantly like the fire trap did if you were to walk in it... My theory is that the fire on previous maps is alot stronger and more violent, and the lava has slight protection, due to foot wear and dead flesh...

That has merit to it. I think it could be an additional factor, but like I said, I still believe there is chemicals. But as to what you say, the Fire Pit, Fire Trap, and Flamethrower were intense burst of fire. This is cooling, exposed lava. Hot yes, but not so concentrated. It hurts the Zombies, but not enough to kill them like those things did.