Very helpful quick tip!

ImpetuousPanda

Not EE related. Running with your turbine out will enable you to run at 110% speed, as if running with a ballistic knife. Also knifing is much faster, also as if you had a ballistic knife. This works regardless of your weapon(LMG, assault rifle, etc). This will only make you run faster, but not further.

Very helpful for running through the fog and all that kind of stuff.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing you both are not saying is that at some points you will lose both of these items out of nowhere. The turbine will just disappear and if you have 2 claymores, you will drop to 1 and swap back to your gun. Not sure if you knew this and that I'm aware of there isn't a rhyme or reason this happens. No set amount of time. Nothing. Just "poof" no turbine. "Poof" no claymore.

The thing you both are not saying is that at some points you will lose both of these items out of nowhere. The turbine will just disappear and if you have 2 claymores, you will drop to 1 and swap back to your gun. Not sure if you knew this and that I'm aware of there isn't a rhyme or reason this happens. No set amount of time. Nothing. Just "poof" no turbine. "Poof" no claymore.

But only if the zombies manage to hit you, right?

My (ps3) controller has "gremlins" in it that whenever it feels necessary will pull out my claymore or fan or whatever is linked to that button, maybe in your case it is reversed?

:o You too?

I've never ran with claymores or the turbine out, I might try this, this could be useful! Thanks!

You are correct. This is old hat too, on Black Ops, alot of times you could place a claymore, and it would simply disappear, and then you couldn't pick any of your other ones up for a while (I think until someone else touched their claymores or maybe the next round). You still do run faster though.

That's a pretty nifty tip, I like it! I might actually bother to buy Claymores in Tranzit games now.

Sucks that claymores can just disappear out of yours hands though. Is it time based, like having them out too long, or just completely random? I never held out my claymores for long in Black Ops zombies so I'm unaware of this glitch.

EDIT: Turns out this tip isn't as useful as I thought. When trying this out earlier I realised something: my go-to gun, the MP5, allows me to sprint faster than I can with claymores out or pistols out (didn't test against ballistic knives), which is kinda weird actually because I thought pistols let you sprint faster, but nope MP5 is even more awesome than I already knew! So there you go, if you enjoy being able to run fast then stick with the MP5, it's a beast.

Are you sure 110%? I thought it was just 100%.

I haven't tested seriously but it definitely felt like 110%, although it might be 100%. Might be the effect of seeing the big object turbine moving up and down, seems like it's faster maybe. I'll check it out.

I don't know about other buildables, haven't tested, but I assume the same applies. Or maybe not, look at the jet gun, it makes you a lot slower, but turret, shield, trap seem about the same as turbine in bulkiness.

I decided to take a closer look at what was being said in this thread, and do some testing.

If we assume your running speed with the starting pistol is our 100% baseline then these are your running percentages with the following items that I tested:

Starting Pistol: 100%

Claymores: 100%

Turbine: 110%

Ballistic Knives: 110%

MP5: 110%

So, the claymores do NOT make you run faster, but the turbine does, as do the ballistic knives, and as does the MP5.

I suppose if you were rocking two LMGs and wanted to be able to situationally run a bit faster then the claymores could help; the Turbine would help more but then personally I would prefer having the Zombie Shield. Well, actually personally neither of those matter because I always stick with my trusty MP5, but there you go.