Someone is only talking to Misty too... Samantha? (UPDATE)

welsh skipper88

I was the one that said it was saying "Behind You". I tried to point out this voice several times and no one seemed to care to believe me. I even said at the time that I thought it was a slowed-down voice and that I was only *Guessing* that it was saying "Behind You". What's weird is that when I tried to play the voice back in Theater Mode, it didn't play, so you have to scroll back again? Weird.

On the plus side, at least I believe you! Oh, and I agree that it does sound more like "Danger" than "Behind you". Hey, I was only guessing!

I do, however, dispute your fact that you only hear this as Misty. If I link you to the same video I linked in my own post regarding this noise, where I was able to stumble upon a youtube video that contained the noise, you can clearly see that the person playing is Russman and not Misty. What actually causes this noise to play is still an interesting mystery to me.

VeRegj9cYbg

I can't say I've ever really come across other similar noises while playing. I have heard a girl's voice over near the Pylon, but I've never heard a slowed-down voice anywhere else.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay seriously can someone point me to the thread about the voices you hear looking out the window in Nahct? I could hear them but i couldnt make out what they were saying. Idk what kind of equipment some of you have out there but maybe you can disect them better than I could. the thunder was killing my ears.. Take Misty out there see if she hears them better..

okay anyone on the voices?

I do, however, dispute your fact that you only hear this as Misty. If I link you to the same video I linked in my own post regarding this noise, where I was able to stumble upon a youtube video that contained the noise, you can clearly see that the person playing is Russman and not Misty. What actually causes this noise to play is still an interesting mystery to me.

VeRegj9cYbg

I believe that is sped up zombie sound not danger

Strange... I can only get it with misty... I know this sounds a loooong shot but is it anything to do with which character you completed the EE with?

Hmmm...Now that is an interesting theory...I like it!

OK, well rolling with that for a moment, presuming it is character-based, we should hear this voice every time we're that character, no? So, the question is, are you hearing it every time you happen to play as Misty?

Now, even I was Misty last time I heard the noise but I don't remember if I was her when I last did the EE; I will, however, from now on be sure to note when I hear the voice and when I'm playing as Misty, as I know that I haven't done the EE again aince I last heard the noise.

EDIT: Actually scratch that whole thing. In that video I linked, the guy hadn't even done the EE (there's a part in the vid where he goes through the cornfield, and the Pylon isn't glowing at all). I just don't know what to believe anymore!

P.S. Do you ever get the noise to play when you start a game Solo? I only ever hear it when joining Public Matches with other people. Incidentally I even just started a Solo game as Misty and didn't get any voice.

Strange... I can only get it with misty... I know this sounds a loooong shot but is it anything to do with which character you completed the EE with?

Hmmm...Now that is an interesting theory...I like it!

OK, well rolling with that for a moment, presuming it is character-based, we should hear this voice every time we're that character, no? So, the question is, are you hearing it every time you happen to play as Misty?

Now, even I was Misty last time I heard the noise but I don't remember if I was her when I last did the EE; I will, however, from now on be sure to note when I hear the voice and when I'm playing as Misty, as I know that I haven't done the EE again aince I last heard the noise.

EDIT: Actually scratch that whole thing. In that video I linked, the guy hadn't even done the EE (there's a part in the vid where he goes through the cornfield, and the Pylon isn't glowing at all). I just don't know what to believe anymore!

P.S. Do you ever get the noise to play when you start a game Solo? I only ever hear it when joining Public Matches with other people. Incidentally I even just started a Solo game as Misty and didn't get any voice.

Ye I noticed it tonight when I started solo run was tryin to get Samuel to see if I could find anything on Richtofen EE and noticed the 3 times I got misty out of about a dozen starts I would here that voice and wouldn't with the others... But looking at what you posted might just be a big coincidence lol :)

Throwing my experience with this voice in here.

Was playing last night with a few randumbs when one of them said "Behind you what?" The rest of us were confused. The randumb claimed he heard this voice, going back into theater mode of the game I didn't hear it when I went to his character.

The randumb was Misty just like the topic creator states. I know nothing of this voice and have personally never heard it beyond the videos on this forum.

While I am not taking the randumb's word on it he actually heard it, it was strange that out of the blue he said "behind you what", when the guy hadn't talked period before this.

Well I kept on stopping and restarting Solo games in the hopes of hearing this voice again, and not once did I get it, even when I was Misty. It's all very odd, since I have actually heard it before and on numerous occassions, just never in Solo.

I wonder if something about the way that we triggered this voice (whatever that may be) means that I only hear it in Public Matches and you only hear it in Solo matches? Also a bit of a stretch really...

If im not mistaking, It could be different every time. But, when you spawn in as Abigail "Misty" if you turn around aren't their phones right their. If this is correct, then I remember JuggerWicho saying somewhere that he Clearly heard a phone ringing. Well, what if it was these phones. It could just be me digging wayyy tooo deeep into this, But I know for a fact that I read him say somewhere, "He Clearly heard a phone or what sounded to be a phone ringing" This is the only place theirs a phone that I know of!!!

EDIT: Actually scratch that whole thing. In that video I linked, the guy hadn't even done the EE (there's a part in the vid where he goes through the cornfield, and the Pylon isn't glowing at all). I just don't know what to do.

First, the pylon doesn't light up on solo. When I start custom games on solo I never have my tower kit up.

Second, I heard this as Marlton yesterday...at least. Think I did. I was listening at spawn for it

EDIT: Actually scratch that whole thing. In that video I linked, the guy hadn't even done the EE (there's a part in the vid where he goes through the cornfield, and the Pylon isn't glowing at all). I just don't know what to do.

First, the pylon doesn't light up on solo. When I start custom games on solo I never have my tower kit up.

Second, I heard this as Marlton yesterday...at least. Think I did. I was listening at spawn for it

Yes, the Pylon does Light up in Solo, Maybe not on Easy mode in Custom Games or even Original mode in Custom Games, but I know for a fact if you go to Solo Its lit up every time. Even Before you turn the power on. As I play 95% of the time Solo, the tower is always lit up.

I like this theory, the real name of Misty is Abigail,

Samanthas name is Samantha Emilia Abigail Maxis.

Coincidence? Naaaaah

That is incorrect. Emilia and Abigail were childhood friends of Samantha Maxis. They are not all the same person. Also, people have been saying Misty is actually Abigail. While they share the same first name, that is not necessarily the case and falls into un-evidenced theorizing.

Is there anywhere besides our own theory threads that state this as fact?

All of it falls under un-evidenced theorizing since there is no evidence for anything story related...