The laundry beams of light thingy debunked

TFG Dubz

So quick story, finally got these beams to show what everyone is talking about, also search for a trigger aswell but thats for another story...anyway

People have been racking there brains and thanks to a texture glitch and confirming via script someone was kind enough to find, those beams of light arent aim at the laundromat, they go right through and under the map and head straight for the moon under the map

for now im calling the beams debunked, for the simple reason is looks like there "was" a night and day cycle at least for the easter egg.

Secondly why the moon? Well anyone who played moon on black ops and done the easter egg will know why

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So essentially, there was supposed to be trigger event in which the daytime could switch over to night, and the energy beams sprouting from the pylon would shoot towards the moon to further display the effects of the Easter Egg from Moon (a.k.a. Richtofen / Maxis receiving power)? I knew those stupid beams of light weren't going to any particular direction as far as we were concerned, but they do move towards different eyes yet the moon ought to be stationary based on the videos we have seen thus far...is this a fail on Treyarch's part?

If they are glitches for something thats not there/was at some point. Wouldn't Treyarch have removed or patched it by this time?

A lot of the theories on wether the Easter Egg is completed/glitched/dlc continued/unfinished seem to be relying heavily on assumptions that individual postings have made.

I am all for coming up with a theory, but the only way for this community to actually come up with a viable solution is for the details that are actually know to be true separated from opinion.

I only say this because I am wondering where the idea came from that this map could switch from day to night?

I don't know much about the COD engine, but I don't think day/night switching is possible without a whole set of new textures, furthermore the fog will still remain due to the pop in effect on consoles, which would make the whole map worse in my opinion.

• Administrators

I don't know much about the COD engine, but I don't think day/night switching is possible without a whole set of new textures, furthermore the fog will still remain due to the pop in effect on consoles, which would make the whole map worse in my opinion.

It would most likely be a transition much similar to Shangri-La. Texture change is not too difficult anyways.

So essentially, there was supposed to be trigger event in which the daytime could switch over to night, and the energy beams sprouting from the pylon would shoot towards the moon to further display the effects of the Easter Egg from Moon (a.k.a. Richtofen / Maxis receiving power)? I knew those stupid beams of light weren't going to any particular direction as far as we were concerned, but they do move towards different eyes yet the moon ought to be stationary based on the videos we have seen thus far...is this a fail on Treyarch's part?

As far as i can tell yes, i was sent some coding from the patch files scripting that was almost identical to Shangri las night/day script, albeit missing the trigger needed to execute the event, however the coding was present in patch files, it could indicate that a patch could place trigger events in place to allow it to happen in theory

The beam trigger has a lunar prefix destination, so regardless of where the moon would-be it the beam would head in that direction, im not sure if this beam shows on all platforms? Ive only tested it on xbox, am yet to test pc and ps3, if anyone else can confirm or deny if it happens on all platforms then can they let me know as would save sometime

I have a feeling that 12/21/12 will play a part in the patch. (If there is one) Doesn't anyone remember all of the eclipse talk before the game came out. I think this whole Moon think has something to it. They could have shipped the game out without the trigger, left the beams in for Xbox users (not sure why us?), and we would have to keep hope alive until then. Just a shot in the dark.

What if..

What if that 'laser beams' are some sort of error... (I mean, in the game)

What if we have to complete some other EE and then the Tower will send a laser/power to 'other' doors to open.

This 'if I shoot it long enought with an RPD'-thing doesn't make any sense to me.

Complete some other EE and the tower will send a beam and open doors makes more sense to me.

Agree?

I have a feeling that 12/21/12 will play a part in the patch. (If there is one) Doesn't anyone remember all of the eclipse talk before the game came out. I think this whole Moon think has something to it. They could have shipped the game out without the trigger, left the beams in for Xbox users (not sure why us?), and we would have to keep hope alive until then. Just a shot in the dark.

There is support suggesting a title update could make the code complete, ive seen evidence that supports (i cant remember the guys name who messaged me with hes theories) the idea of treyarch holding out code until updates happen to prolong easter egg hunting and adding new content in, after seeing hes take on the code it could be a possibility.

However ive been around on these forums and the official forums since w@w and these "day" theories about patches and dlc releases and so forth have always been around and have never happened, doesnt mean it couldnt happen, just highly doubtful imho

To be honest, i think it would be a great idea, adding new content in randomly with title updates would extend gameplay, it doesn't have to be anything major, piece of paper here, radio there, extra audio files simple things

The problem is once we've found everything to be found, people start making up rubbish like poems or saying "theres a yeti riding a horse while shouting out the butcher is coming if you 360 no scope the church tower with a PaPd RPG and will unlock the correct nav card and turn day into night and clear the fog in tranzit"