The Collective Mind: Reconnecting the strings

STOTTINMAD

This theory is centred on the focus that whilst in the pyramid on moon, the controller, (now Richtofen) is a hivemind, similar to what is seen in the halo and dead space universe. At the time of Tranzit it can be considered that Edward has a minority of zombies under his control. I think this because at the beginning we zombies that are some what dormant. A state we have yet to see in any zombie map. Might have to confirm that last point for me.

Now what I believe to be the case is that Edward's rise to power is gradual, with Earth decimated all primary connections to the Aether are more or less severed. It's possible that those zombies are literally in limbo. Until the survivors attack. Then they wake up, or its possible Richtofen lacked the power to wake them, they were still connected to the pyramid but their deaths finally gave him the power connect fully with horde in the area of Tranzit and as we know the more that are killed. The more powerful the controller becomes, it explains Richtofens side of the Babble easter egg to some extent.

Anyhow, discuss as you wish.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Let's go about this chronologically. At any point in the game, we can hear Marlton in the fallout shelter. At Round 5 (I think), we can hear the honking of a bus which we can presume is the one that take him to Hanford. At Round 25, the zombies eyes go from orange to blue, signifying the switching of souls on Moon. When you die, the nuke from Moon comes and hits Nuketown. From that, I had thought that perhaps Marlton had left when the bus was honking and arrived in Green Run shortly after.

I was under the impression that the eyes being black was the transferring of souls in the Moon Pyramid, which goes along with the quote by Richtofen:

"Oh, excuse me, just getting used to the Aether." - Edward Richtofen in Green Run via Moon

Let's go about this chronologically. At any point in the game, we can hear Marlton in the fallout shelter. At Round 5 (I think), we can hear the honking of a bus which we can presume is the one that take him to Hanford. At Round 25, the zombies eyes go from orange to blue, signifying the switching of souls on Moon. When you die, the nuke from Moon comes and hits Nuketown. From that, I had thought that perhaps Marlton had left when the bus was honking and arrived in Green Run shortly after.

I was under the impression that the eyes being black was the transferring of souls in the Moon Pyramid, which goes along with the quote by Richtofen:

"Oh, excuse me, just getting used to the Aether." - Edward Richtofen in Green Run via Moon

I see I just thought that with the bombs falling, destroying most of the horde, it would have greatly weakened Richtofens connection to the Zombies. I just thought this because of their trance like state. Wasn't that Maxis's intention to hinder Edward in what way possible. I do see where your coming from though Tac. And thanks for the reply.

• Administrators

Don't forget, several zombies yell "SAM!" when coming at you. Could he maybe not have gained full control? Perhaps zombies have some loyalty

Well, they wouldn't be yelling "RICHTOFEN", that's for sure.

As for the sudden change; then yes; Tac is correct on this one. I think it could've only taken a matter of days (or even a week) from the time Richtofen gained control to the current events in Green Run.

Don't forget, several zombies yell "SAM!" when coming at you. Could he maybe not have gained full control? Perhaps zombies have some loyalty

As for the sudden change; then yes; Tac is correct on this one. I think it could've only taken a matter of days (or even a week) from the time Richtofen gained control to the current events in Green Run.

I kind of agree but I'm not just talking about green run. I think the basis of his ability to take control there was rooted in the tower of babble. It's a springboard for him to connect to any undead resurrected across the planet. I might be wrong I just think Maxis was aimed at disrupting Edwards control of the horde. The bombing of earth was like a final solution.

• Administrators

I kind of agree but I'm not just talking about green run. I think the basis of his ability to take control there was rooted in the tower of babble. It's a springboard for him to connect to any undead resurrected across the planet. I might be wrong I just think Maxis was aimed at disrupting Edwards control of the horde. The bombing of earth was like a final solution.

The only thing I see wrong with that is that if the Tower of Babble was indeed his connection to the Zombies, then doing Maxis' side would take away all of Richtofen's control, thus making the Zombies stop right in front of us, yes? Maxis was most definitely trying to disrupt Richtofens connection, as proved by these quotes:

"Greetings. If you are receiving this message, it means that Richtofen has entered the device. If you free me, I will help you minimize the damage that he will inevitably cause." - vox_xcomp_quest_step6_14 - Dr. Maxis on Moon

"Good. Now that I am in control of the station, we have one last chance to sever Edwards link with Earth. I will calculate the position, retrieve the artifact, and take it to the launch platform." - vox_xcomp_quest_step7_5 - Dr. Maxis on Moon

With that, I think that the towers could very possibly be a link to the zombies, having a H.A.A.R.P.-like effect, but I don't think it's just those alone. If Maxis wanted to sever the connection, he could have destroyed the towers, not the Earth.

No Maxis is a sadistic hate filled old man that was upset because his subordinate was more genius than he was. Ever since they tried to kill him and Sam got locked in the pyramid, he gave her one order: "kill them all..." I've stated this a couple times and I'm gonna stick to it, so here it is once again...Maxis is not a good guy.

The only thing I see wrong with that is that if the Tower of Babble was indeed his connection to the Zombies, then doing Maxis' side would take away all of Richtofen's control, thus making the Zombies stop right in front of us, yes? Maxis was most definitely trying to disrupt Richtofens connection, as proved by these quotes:

"Greetings. If you are receiving this message, it means that Richtofen has entered the device. If you free me, I will help you minimize the damage that he will inevitably cause." - vox_xcomp_quest_step6_14 - Dr. Maxis on Moon

"Good. Now that I am in control of the station, we have one last chance to sever Edwards link with Earth. I will calculate the position, retrieve the artifact, and take it to the launch platform." - vox_xcomp_quest_step7_5 - Dr. Maxis on Moon

With that, I think that the towers could very possibly be a link to the zombies, having a H.A.A.R.P.-like effect, but I don't think it's just those alone. If Maxis wanted to sever the connection, he could have destroyed the towers, not the Earth.

Maxis' nukes were never intended to sever his connection to the dead on earth. My perspective was that Maxis wanted richtofen to just have less fun, so he figured "hey if I kill everyone on earth, there won't be anyone for him to terrorize."

I'm not good at organizing my thoughts so I haven't come up with a full idea beyond that point, but the fact of the matter is that maxis wants people dead. Think about it, even when the power is off you can't buy juggernog (helps you live longer). Richtofen wants to be worshipped like a god, if there's no one alive how can he have fun with his game and be worshipped?

No Maxis is a sadistic hate filled old man that was upset because his subordinate was more genius than he was. Ever since they tried to kill him and Sam got locked in the pyramid, he gave her one order: "kill them all..." I've stated this a couple times and I'm gonna stick to it, so here it is once again...Maxis is not a good guy.

I def. agree with you there, I think Maxxis' has a hidden Agenda that nobody knows about & the lesser of two evils between him & Richtofen is completely false. He is exactly what you said, & I think ultimately he himself wants to be in-control of the Aether & if you remember at the end of Moon That evil laugh, That was def no accident where he sent those 3 nukes. I believe it was all part of his plan & thats where we've ended up at now!!!

• Administrators

I'm almost positive that he was referring to all the Group 935 members, hence why she got inside Yuri's mind. He would not ask her to kill everyone, as in humanity. If he had the capabilities to do it, and in the end did.

Maxis' nukes were never intended to sever his connection to the dead on earth. My perspective was that Maxis wanted richtofen to just have less fun, so he figured "hey if I kill everyone on earth, there won't be anyone for him to terrorize."

I'm not good at organizing my thoughts so I haven't come up with a full idea beyond that point, but the fact of the matter is that maxis wants people dead. Think about it, even when the power is off you can't buy juggernog (helps you live longer). Richtofen wants to be worshipped like a god, if there's no one alive how can he have fun with his game and be worshipped?

Well I mean this isn't a game, Maxis didn't just want to hinder his ability to have fun. As I said, he wants 935 members dead, not humanity. Well I guess he does, but not for any power. If he wanted power, he'd keep humanity alive so he could control them. If he is trying to kill them, then he clearly doesn't want power.

You know, I kind of had a theory about this... from a real-word (design, I guess) standpoint.

As most of the long-time zombie slayers know, the "SAM!" shouted by the zombies wasn't originally intended to be a name. Probably not even a real word... it was just a random zombie sound effect. The fans interpreted it as the zombies saying "SAM!", and the zombies team ran with that idea, creating Samantha Maxis and making her the central figure of the story... the "controller" of the zombies.

So, now they're making BOII, Richtofen is now in control, and they come to this. "Well, Jimmy, should we change or remove that sound effect? Sam isn't in control of the zombies anymore..." "No, I've got a solution. We just name one of the four new characters 'Samuel', make him a mysterious central figure in the EE, and we can just say the zombies are shouting his name for whatever reason now."

So... yeah. I guess my in-universe theory would be that for whatever reason, the zombies are now referring to Samuel Stuhlinger now when they shout "SAM!", and not Samanthe Maxis. Why? I'm not sure... either because they're after him or because he has some greater purpose we're not yet aware of.

In MOON it was established with the completion of the easter eggs when he was put into the NPD pyramid. if you return to earth literally the skies seem orange and the zombies are going apeshit with dogs everywhere and they have blue eyes. so the tranformation has been previously established.

the zombies in the room i saw as our characters meeting under specific curcumstances.