Why the Easter Egg is not done just yet

FatedTitan

I'm making this topic because it seems as though there are a slew of topics proclaiming that it is over. We have lit up the tower and received our achievement. And to each of you who believe it is over, I have one thing to say to you....you're right. It's done. We have lit up the tower. That is the final result that we seek. But this is where I diverge from what you believe: I think we missed a lot.

Now I have no idea if this was intentional or unintentional, but I believe that the developers made it possible to do the Maxis Easter Egg in more than one order. While the end result will be the same, we have missed the story and what actually occurred.

I urge those who disagree and believe that it is completely over to listen to all of the Maxis quotes on YouTube. There aren't two or three miscellaneous quotes that didn't make it in. There are loads of Easter Egg related quotes that have yet to be triggered. There is a quote saying to find a NavCard and guess what. We have a NavCard in the map. There are developers saying that there is more that we missed. Devs may troll, but they've never lied.

Some of you will point to unused quotes in the past, such as Announcer Richtofen's "Fetch me their souls" quote that came with Moon, but was never used. There are also quotes from Ascension that have the characters drinking some perk that never made it on the map. So what's the difference? We've never had Easter Egg quotes that didn't were not used in the map. Also, we've never had this amount of quotes that were not used in the map. There is more to be done, we just have to do it right.

Can you disagree with me? Sure. In fact, that's what this forum is for. So that we can discuss ideas that reflect both sides of the argument. If you would like to disagree with me, I have no problem with you doing so. I just feel like this side of the argument is getting attacked and berated because the evidence points to it being true, but we still haven't found any more. I understand the frustration, but I urge you to remember that the devs have had over a year to build this map. I'm sure they wanted this hunt to happen. It keeps people playing. But I don't think they wanted people to quit.

A couple days ago, I quit on the Easter Egg. I said that I'd let someone else find it. The next day, the troll poem post happened on the other site. Even though it was not real, one part caught my eye. "It's the players that have failed." That struck a nerve with me. Do we really want the developers, who have never given out the answer to an Easter Egg before, to have to bottle feed us and give us the answer so that we'll actually understand what's happening in the next map? Let's not fail this Easter Egg. It's there. I'm not going to claim to know the correct steps or anything like that. But I do believe it is there.

Disagree? Okay, that's fine. Agree? Then let's get this thing finished.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly im thinking we've done all we can for now, even Richtofen has quotes about the nav card yet a way to activate it still hasn't been found. And im starting to think the orbs on the tower and traffic light are just pointing out the morse codes. I think in the next DLC we'll be playing as new characters but like in Ascension we might hear quotes from the characters in green run and something we do in the next map will have an effect on Green run.

Now I have no idea if this was intentional or unintentional, but I believe that the developers made it possible to do the Maxis Easter Egg in more than one order. While the end result will be the same, we have missed the story and what actually occurred.

I can agree with this to an extent.

But i have to say even if we did find a way to do the Easter egg would we really be missing that much? I mean we have already heard the the quotes of what is said during the missed steps (If there even is any) and unless there is some really nice in game cinematic moments then i don't get the point.

Also why do you have so many post but no profile picture? It's odd.

i believe Maxis EE starts before power, reason being me and couple mates were in a game of tranzit we took turbines to the cornfield, before even turning on power, i laid my turbine down infront of the nav card table. maxis says something like not enough power so i got my friend to lay his turbine down maxis says something else after that so then thats when u turn on the power, shut it back off place turbines at lamp posts, got the circumsised quote dont know wots next

p.s ive only comleted richtofens side

i also believe this EE is not over yet, keep hope people

• Administrators

It's not just missing quotes that we might hear; rather, it's what happens when those quotes are said. We have no clue what happens when the NavCard is accepted, nor does any of the exploited code show it. I feel that it may pull a Moon stunt where the player has to have some pre-qualifying items/events triggered before being able to fully access the Easter Egg. I'm very reluctant on saying that the current Easter Egg will carry on over to the next DLC, but at the same time, I get thing off feeling that if we don't accomplish a certain task right now, we'll be forced to go back and do that something in order to progress. Reminds you of anything?

Has anyone ever thought that WE DID IT WRONG, I believe theirs more myself, But think about it for a second, Theirs 8 lamps total, 2 sides of the EE/ToB 2x4=8. Soo what if those last 2 steps 1 for each side, EMP lamps/Place Turbines at lamps theirs a Correct 4 that we have to put them at, & then those pretty little beams that shoot out does something when you've selected the correct 4 or however many!!! Think about it, YES we got the achievement at that point, But I find it ODD that thats the only time we EVER see those, but every thing else SAVES, Why is that!!!

I don't know anymore. I flipped back and forth between: "the EE is done" and "the EE is not done" for some time now. There may be steps we're missing on Maxis side, which would interesting but they can't be that groundbreaking if they weren't even necessary.

If its not done, I hope someone figures it out and soon.

For myself, I think I'm going to shift my focus onto high round runs and strategies.

There has to be more. The story can't be one sided, because some people have helped Maxis and some people have helped richtofen. I've said this many times before, yet it continues to get ignored, and I'm getting frustrated. There has to be a climax of sorts. You turn on the Pylon and that's it? No. The Navcard has to do SOMETHING. Think about it. Navcard = Navigation Card, so there has to be something we're navigating, like the card holds coordinates for something. How do we achieve this? I honestly have no clue. We're close, I can feel it. If we keep coming up with things to try, we're bound to hit a breakthrough.

I agree with the OP.

There is around 60% of the Maxis quotes unheard so far within the game! That is just far too many to have just been taken out of the story but left within the data files. Same goes fro Richtofen's quotes and T.E.D.D.s too!

People who say it is over are entitled to there opinion, but it does not make any kind of sense to leave these files in the XBOX and PS3 version, but ALSO to leave them in the PC version which came out at a later date!?!

Sorry, but the EE goes on within this incarnation of the game! It is just a case of 3arc messing it up themselves this time, trying to be too smart for there own good! They obviously thought they were geniuses when they made this one, only to find out the community will drop a game very quickly if they do not get anywhere with it. The Tranzit map is not that great to play survival on, and most people play if for the EE.

They should just be more frank with us and just say, "Yes, the EE continues outwidth DLC" and people would just get on with it.

I agree with the OP.

There is around 60% of the Maxis quotes unheard so far within the game! That is just far too many to have just been taken out of the story but left within the data files. Same goes fro Richtofen's quotes and T.E.D.D.s too!

People who say it is over are entitled to there opinion, but it does not make any kind of sense to leave these files in the XBOX and PS3 version, but ALSO to leave them in the PC version which came out at a later date!?!

Sorry, but the EE goes on within this incarnation of the game! It is just a case of 3arc messing it up themselves this time, trying to be too smart for there own good! They obviously thought they were geniuses when they made this one, only to find out the community will drop a game very quickly if they do not get anywhere with it. The Tranzit map is not that great to play survival on, and most people play if for the EE.

They should just be more frank with us and just say, "Yes, the EE continues outwidth DLC" and people would just get on with it.

I thought it was already confirmed by a tweet that it continues?

Im losing hope..

Heres an idea, everyone here with a twitter account, tweet the dev "Are we waisting our time"

or "have we messed up?"

Enough people asking the same question and with alot of people losing hope, we should at the least get a confirm as to if we are doing it wrong.. its not like he would be disclosing info..

Im losing hope..

Heres an idea, everyone here with a twitter account, tweet the dev "Are we waisting our time"

or "have we messed up?"

Enough people asking the same question and with alot of people losing hope, we should at the least get a confirm as to if we are doing it wrong.. its not like he would be disclosing info..

Yea either that or, "Is everthing their for us!!" Or "Do we have to wait for DLC"

Hello. My name is Joe, but I go by the internet persona 'Xekhin'. I spend my time, cracking open the S/C and other game files, to shed light on situations like these. I believe I was the first person to crack the audio, but I didn't leak it. The audio that you speak of, these sounds that don't add up, and your theory suggesting that the Easter egg is over, are correct.

Let me explain, in the S/C it is quite obvious where we start in the EE, it looks like the points we start at are around step 3-4. But, the triggers to play certain sounds reveal very little in regards to the egg, they are menial steps that provide no major role in the story. The developers fucked up a little bit, they didn't intend on us being able to leak game data, and skip steps so easily.

If you would take a look at my thread (Multiple EE continuation myths debunked - second bus confirmed) and goto the linked text document (every piece of text that can appear on your screen) you will discover that the text 'navcard accepted' is in there.

When the patch for shangri la was released, alot of data (Models, weapon data values, skins) where put in, deep within the files, so that when moon dropped it wouldn't be such a big update.

Hello. My name is Joe, but I go by the internet persona 'Xekhin'. I spend my time, cracking open the S/C and other game files, to shed light on situations like these. I believe I was the first person to crack the audio, but I didn't leak it. The audio that you speak of, these sounds that don't add up, and your theory suggesting that the Easter egg is over, are correct.

Let me explain, in the S/C it is quite obvious where we start in the EE, it looks like the points we start at are around step 3-4. But, the triggers to play certain sounds reveal very little in regards to the egg, they are menial steps that provide no major role in the story. The developers fucked up a little bit, they didn't intend on us being able to leak game data, and skip steps so easily.

If you would take a look at my thread (Multiple EE continuation myths debunked - second bus confirmed) and goto the linked text document (every piece of text that can appear on your screen) you will discover that the text 'navcard accepted' is in there.

When the patch for shangri la was released, alot of data (Models, weapon data values, skins) where put in, deep within the files, so that when moon dropped it wouldn't be such a big update.

Yeah I hacked the code too and didn't release a bunch of stuff either, I probably know everything about this map :roll:

troll somewhere else.

Yeah I hacked the code too and didn't release a bunch of stuff either, I probably know everything about this map :roll:

troll somewhere else.

Actually he has quite the list of code

troll somewhere else.

Actually he has quite the list of code

I've seen quite a few different ones now, the only problem is we'll never know who the bullshitters are. every single one has their own theories and proclamations, we shouldn't be relying on people sayuing they have the coding, its cheating.