The Hackers/Looking into the code

EtherGK

Someone explain this to me, so the hackers can see into the code or something like that to this game, what exactly do they find out?

Is it just the audio files? As in every possible audio file? Or do they get to see the extent of the map and what's possible to traverse? Help me understand here, thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume you read my post, so I'll explain.

When a game is made, it is made using what is called code. This code determines every possible event, thing, whatever to happen in the game. Everything from your ammo count to the EE is written in this code. Now, treyarch do everything they can so that we cannot see this 'code' but there are methods to see it.

Your second question, nocip is the ability to fly around the map / fly through walls, hope I helped,

-Xekhin

No clip is a waste of time now, treyarch started using scripted event items in shangri la (think this was the first map to do so) that only appear once a trigger is done, so unless you do the triggers, no clipping will only show you so much.

Tbh im glad treyach adapted

False: No matter what triggers are used, the inside of the church would always be the same, they cant just trigger a complete change of the church's interior + add an enterance etc without it being REALLY obvious in the script

No clip is a waste of time now, treyarch started using scripted event items in shangri la (think this was the first map to do so) that only appear once a trigger is done, so unless you do the triggers, no clipping will only show you so much.

False: No matter what triggers are used, the inside of the church would always be the same, they cant just trigger a complete change of the church's interior + add an enterance etc without it being REALLY obvious in the script

The PAP room isn't visible until the turbine is placed AFAIK, there could be more places like this. Just saying.

The PAP room isn't visible until the turbine is placed AFAIK, there could be more places like this. Just saying.

Also false, its just quite far outside the map

It's NOT false! I have no clipped the map on PC and the PaP room does not show up when it is not opened! All you can see is the three buildable parts floating in mid air.

Also, this game DOES have loadable parts, and the game could quite easily load in information within seconds on a "trigger" activating this. And this DID happen within Shangra La.

The code within a game is already loaded up on console, but on a PC, the code is sitting on standby, and when a "trigger" is activated, code can be loaded into the ram within micro-seconds, so you should not say "FALSE" unless you know for a fact.

Treyarch would have known that PC users would noclip the map, so much so that they removed the noclip feature from the command console, so the trainer's were made for the game to implement noclip.

It's NOT false! I have no clipped the map on PC and the PaP room does not show up when it is not opened! All you can see is the three buildable parts floating in mid air.

Also, this game DOES have loadable parts, and the game could quite easily load in information within seconds on a "trigger" activating this. And this DID happen within Shangra La.

The code within a game is already loaded up on console, but on a PC, the code is sitting on standby, and when a "trigger" is activated, code can be loaded into the ram within micro-seconds, so you should not say "FALSE" unless you know for a fact.

Treyarch would have known that PC users would noclip the map, so much so that they removed the noclip feature from the command console, so the trainer's were made for the game to implement noclip.

Im not looking to argue, the game doesnt simply spawn the PAP room in, it moves it from a location far away from the map, with colours that blend into the background, it simply moves the room and changes the colours

Well, I have scoured the map (and under it) on PC, and the PaP room is not on it!

There is hundreds of thousands of examples where games have trigger events that load in new features or areas, and BO2 is no exception.

There is support within the audio quotes from T.E.D.D. and also within the texture files, that the bus will make one more stop... in a forest area.

Now, the only forest area within the game that I can see, is the forest area behind the depot, with a road that could potentially lead to the blocked of road after the tunnel, leading towards the diner, which also has a forest surrounding it.

Anyway... I cannot guarantee that the game will have this kind of trigger effect, So until proven otherwise, we can only speculate!

But, I can confirm that, just because it is not there on the map from the off, does not mean it cannot be loaded into the PC/Consoles ram within a split second, and as such, we cannot rule this idea out.

:)

Well, I have scoured the map (and under it) on PC, and the PaP room is not on it!

There is hundreds of thousands of examples where games have trigger events that load in new features or areas, and BO2 is no exception.

There is support within the audio quotes from T.E.D.D. and also within the texture files, that the bus will make one more stop... in a forest area.

Now, the only forest area within the game that I can see, is the forest area behind the depot, with a road that could potentially lead to the blocked of road after the tunnel, leading towards the diner, which also has a forest surrounding it.

Anyway... I cannot guarantee that the game will have this kind of trigger effect, So until proven otherwise, we can only speculate!

But, I can confirm that, just because it is not there on the map from the off, does not mean it cannot be loaded into the PC/Consoles ram within a split second, and as such, we cannot rule this idea out.

:)

If everything you say is legit, go into the S/C and search for things related to the PaP, my theory will be proved :)

• Administrators

Someone explain this to me, so the hackers can see into the code or something like that to this game, what exactly do they find out?

Hacking into the code gets us a lot of things, like the quotes and allows us to see what each quote is referring to. Also, it helps us provide evidence for theories, like 'Shangri-La on Mars' and things relating to Nikola Tesla.

Hacking into the code gets us a lot of things, like the quotes and allows us to see what each quote is referring to. Also, it helps us provide evidence for theories, like 'Shangri-La on Mars' and things relating to Nikola Tesla.

Would I be correct in saying that the Black Ops II quotes do not actually refer to the trigger of the quote via file name? At least in cjdog23's videos...

• Administrators

Would I be correct in saying that the Black Ops II quotes do not actually refer to the trigger of the quote via file name? At least in cjdog23's videos...

Yeah, basically. They named each quote with numbers so whether cjdog23 purposefully didn't include them or it was for some other reason, they do have names but as you said, nothing that helps us identify the trigger.

No each quote wouldn't refer to a file name. Because the sound files are all contained in one big file(well several large files, but there are many sounds grouped together each encoded in either PCM/flac). You can easily look for the beginning of the flac portion and split all of the audio into seperate files by using the offsets. There was a script online that actually did it all for you. So my guess is one would look at IDA for references to the offset of that sound package in memory. IE: The game loads the zmb_common.all.sabs file into memory and then one could find code that referenced those memory locations at each offset in the sabs file contained in memory. Then one would know which code portion triggers Richtofen/etc. to say which quote by following the xrefs back to the originating code. I'm not that experienced with IDA, but i'm assuming it would go something like that.

SABL files appear to be encoded with PCM

SABS files appear to be encoded with FLAC

For all of the zmb(zombies) sound files you are looking at around ~800MB of audio. One could take all of those files and re-compress them to aac or something to get it quite a bit smaller for people to have access to them. But i'm assuming that's how all of these quotes videos were compiled by splitting them and then going through these files and grouping them by an individual. They are definitely grouped by person but there are "A LOT" of quotes for certain individuals, so it would definitely take some time to sort through them and group them together.

Here is the script I mentioned above.

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/616-call-duty ... tview.html