Billboard Area

deathb4di2h0nor

I know this was brought up before, but I can't seem to find the post to bump it. I personally just found that area and a few things stand out to me. It is wide open and looks like a great spot to train if the fog wasn't there. Possible future DLC's to clear the fog? In one spot in the billboard area there is little to no fog. Could we be able to see something from here? Just a side note...not even worth mentioning....the billboard says -Sedan. [facepalm] This area really does stand out to me. Has anyone found any reason for it to be there? You can go through the billboard in theater so I'm pretty sure getting up on it isn't possible.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do train there actually - Stamina Up + Galvinknuckles make for a fine Denizen repellant (even a Bowie knife will do the job, as long as you knife the Denizens before they actually land on your head). The lampost over at the shortcut to Town is also similarly good for training.

I've also noticed that the fog is lighter around that billboard. It does almost seem as though there might be something of importance, but nothing's been found so far!

At one point I thought maybe you could use the Bus Ladder piece somewhere on the billboard but, unsurprisingly, nope!

What makes me more curious about the billboard, is the content of it.

The guy is holding a magnifier, looking through it into the car.

Could there be the last item that we haven't found, in one of the cars around the map? Or maybe, should we start investigating the ground near the billboard?

I don't know, but it definitely is weird.

Could there be the last item that we haven't found, in one of the cars around the map? Or maybe, should we start investigating the ground near the billboard?

I've been checking cars every now and then, ever since the magnifying glass and car were mentioned, but I haven't found anything. It wasn't a hardcore search though, just looking every now and then.

Hmm...definately sounds strange, when i get my black ops 2 back i will investigate the f*ck out of it :twisted:

Sometimes the Thrustdyne body is found INSIDE a car in the tunnel.. Could be the reasoning on the magnifying glass...

What?! Are you kidding me?! :o I had to restart the game so many times or play it without the jet gun because i was only able to find 3/4 parts and the jet turbine wasn't at the 2 spots in the tunnel where it should be...i always thought it's a damn glitch which doesn't let the jet turbine spawn :cry: oh god im so stupid...

That's interesting. Perhaps it might be worth having a little jog around the map, and seeing if there are any cars that look similar to a Sedan.

I can't shake the idea I proposed on another thread about the fact that you HAVE to crouch to pick up the meteorite at the bus depot so perhaps there is a part somewhere underneath a car or something that you HAVE to go prone to see/pick up.

That's interesting. Perhaps it might be worth having a little jog around the map, and seeing if there are any cars that look similar to a Sedan.

I can't shake the idea I proposed on another thread about the fact that you HAVE to crouch to pick up the meteorite at the bus depot so perhaps there is a part somewhere underneath a car or something that you HAVE to go prone to see/pick up.

Don't forget the radio at the garage where the diner is located. You HAVE to jump...maybe treyarch wanted to show us that you have to go prone or jump to pick up several objects :idea:

Don't forget the radio at the garage where the diner is located. You HAVE to jump...maybe treyarch wanted to show us that you have to go prone or jump to pick up several objects :idea:

Precisely my son. Can't hurt to try right?

I had a look around the Diner as a couple of the booths are suspiciously illuminated but didn't find anything.

So... why on earth would you CHOOSE to train in the fog? I could think of at least 5 better places.

Because when I'm playing with my friends, we all like to hang out near the Diner since the MP5K makes for a pretty decent wall weapon and the Town is only a short walk away.

When we do this, one person can loop the normal area of the Diner, someone else can take the opposite end of the Diner and other people can hang out in the Fog (or the tunnel at a stretch - although if someone does that then I will hang out somehwere in the fog between the Tunnel and the Diner). This way everyone is close to each other but not in each others' ways, and if anyone goes down someone can revive them.

Since, out of our group, I'm most familiar with training in the Fog, I therefore take at least one of the Fog locations near the Diner.

So that is why I CHOOSE to train in the Fog. Don't knock it 'till you tried it. Believe me, with Galvinknuckles and Stamina Up, those Denizens really are no trouble at all, and there's just SO much room out there. Every once and a while a Denizen will glitch anyway, which causes them to get stuck in one spot; then you won't get any jumping on your head (until a Nuke goes off that is...)

Or, better yet, how about I play how I want to play, and you play how you want to play. Everyone's a winner!

Sorry to go off-topic there guys!

Sometimes the Thrustdyne body is found INSIDE a car in the tunnel.. Could be the reasoning on the magnifying glass...

What?! Are you kidding me?! :o I had to restart the game so many times or play it without the jet gun because i was only able to find 3/4 parts and the jet turbine wasn't at the 2 spots in the tunnel where it should be...i always thought it's a damn glitch which doesn't let the jet turbine spawn :cry: oh god im so stupid...

There are 3 spots in the tunnel it spawns. On the platform, over in the back corner depot side, and next to a car beside the lava and where the platform one spawns. It took me awhile to find it there as well. It never spawns inside a car, only beside it.

You know that purple car right in front of the path to Nacht? That car has a different license plate than any other vehicle in the game. Every other vehicle also has the same license plate.... strange.

You know that purple car right in front of the path to Nacht? That car has a different license plate than any other vehicle in the game. Every other vehicle also has the same license plate.... strange.

See, that's what I'm talking about! Nice work Malachi.

Can anyone get a picture of said car? And possibly compare it to a Sedan? I'm currently at work otherwise I'd investigate myself.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the license plate numbers? On both the mystery car and all the other vehicles?