T.E.D.D

Hullo.

TEDD has blue eyes, and what do we all now that have blue eyes? Hmmmm, ZOMBIES! So I think maybe that TEDD could be powered by Element 115 like the zombies, but who built TEDD? well the bus company, so maybe the company has ties with group 935 (researching element 115 maybe the bus company transported materials and they decided to ae TEEDD with 115?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

First off, I'd like to point out that his name is not TEDD. He does not have an official name, and TEDD is said nowhere in the game.

As for the blue eyes, I had always believed he was controlled by Richtofen because he controls the Zombies and as you say, their eyes are blue. However, his eyes also turn red when he's angry so it could just be his calm state.

T.E.D.D is an enigma. Not much is known about him actually but initially he serves as a joke...then it sets in and you start thinking about the things he actually says and not just focusing on "HEY THIS BUS HAS A LIL ROBOT DRIVER" and we find very ... ... interesting... ... things. I don't beleive him to be under Richtofen's control, as he is NOT a zombie. That is my only reasoning. He is a friendly until you piss him off. We can assume however that he is NOT the only one. I can only assume that busses like this were built in areas with government operations going on to serve as a guide for newcomers to the projects in area or emergency transportation. however t.e.d.d. does not seem to be associated with any type of emergency protocals and if he was then we would assume we would hear something about it or he would look the part. His GPS is OFF...for now... we MAY be able to activate it. The NAV CARD we find by the bus depo does not work in the nav table we build so it may apply to the bus to change route or possibly when we get DLC we use it to tranzit to the new maps. But as for the things he says Maybe he is linked with other busses like him that are rounding about in government areas like he is. And the signals get crossed when he malfunctions (or perhapes when MARLTON "hotwired" him certain systems were taken offline or hacked) and he says the things other bus drivers are meant to say. He cannot possibly be 1 bus that travels to all those locations. Possibly a standard directory built into his hard drive that all busses have but only use relevant data at their locations.

T.E.D.D is an enigma. Not much is known about him actually but initially he serves as a joke...then it sets in and you start thinking about the things he actually says and not just focusing on "HEY THIS BUS HAS A LIL ROBOT DRIVER" and we find very ... ... interesting... ... things. I don't beleive him to be under Richtofen's control, as he is NOT a zombie. That is my only reasoning. He is a friendly until you piss him off. We can assume however that he is NOT the only one. I can only assume that busses like this were built in areas with government operations going on to serve as a guide for newcomers to the projects in area or emergency transportation. however t.e.d.d. does not seem to be associated with any type of emergency protocals and if he was then we would assume we would hear something about it or he would look the part. His GPS is OFF...for now... we MAY be able to activate it. The NAV CARD we find by the bus depo does not work in the nav table we build so it may apply to the bus to change route or possibly when we get DLC we use it to tranzit to the new maps. But as for the things he says Maybe he is linked with other busses like him that are rounding about in government areas like he is. And the signals get crossed when he malfunctions (or perhapes when MARLTON "hotwired" him certain systems were taken offline or hacked) and he says the things other bus drivers are meant to say. He cannot possibly be 1 bus that travels to all those locations. Possibly a standard directory built into his hard drive that all busses have but only use relevant data at their locations.

The bus itself confirms that there is more than just him. When he is disabled by an EMP the bus notifies you to tell you he is currently incapacitated and a replacement driver should be with you "in the next 127 years... we're all fucked." so that much we can confirm.

I hate to break it to you but people have blue eyes too, so a robot built like one would be fine with the blue eyes. I think the bus driver was modelled on someone, maybe from pop culture or the CoD canon- down to his personality as being laid back. Also the bus driver in my eyes confirms Green Run is 2025 (if this was disputed) since they don't exactly have robots piloting buses nowadays. I think he was only included to spice up travelling times, as you know when left with one zombie travelling the whole map for a perk or something is hell depressing. Maybe he'll have something to do with an easter egg in the future, but I doubt it.

With Tedd saying things out of place ( he will say that the bridge is breaking when you haven't even left the bus stop yet)

It seems that the entire bus ride is a setup. Kinda like an amusement ride. No company would have a normal automated bus driver say "fuck". So where did he get this vocabulary from? Unless the zombies are computer programmers, it must be a Devine intervention by Richthofen or Maxis... I think it must be a Richthofen controlled hybrid.- half zombie, half automated busdriver.

It's true that humans have blue eyes too, but not neon halogen bulb blue.

• Administrators

With Tedd saying things out of place ( he will say that the bridge is breaking when you haven't even left the bus stop yet)

It seems that the entire bus ride is a setup. Kinda like an amusement ride. No company would have a normal automated bus driver say "fuck". So where did he get this vocabulary from? Unless the zombies are computer programmers, it must be a Devine intervention by Richthofen or Maxis... I think it must be a Richthofen controlled hybrid.- half zombie, half automated busdriver.

It's true that humans have blue eyes too, but not neon halogen bulb blue.

This is my belief as well. A nationally known and respected bus company would never program such things into their robotic drivers. Plus, and I suppose this can be attributed to reused texturing, but the identical shade of blue for the eyes can't be completely discounted, in my opinion. The red eyes are interesting, as it can signify he's not always under the control of Richtofen's blue eyes. I think there is some sort of intervention by Richtofen, but I don't understand it completely just yet.

I hate to be that guy, but to me it really looks like Treyarch just thought it would be cool/funny.

Also about Green Run's time.

Moon takes place at the same time as Nuketown Zombies, and Green Run takes place right after. If Green Run is indeed right after, ("Just getting used to the Aether") then Moon takes place in 2025 too. Because as stated, there were no robot bus drivers in the 60's.

I dunno. Maybe everyone already knew this. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm rambling.

• Administrators

I hate to be that guy, but to me it really looks like Treyarch just thought it would be cool/funny.

Also about Green Run's time.

Moon takes place at the same time as Nuketown Zombies, and Green Run takes place right after. If Green Run is indeed right after, ("Just getting used to the Aether") then Moon takes place in 2025 too. Because as stated, there were no robot bus drivers in the 60's.

I dunno. Maybe everyone already knew this. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm rambling.

In regards to this, I will quote Shooter's excellent description of this:

As for your "robot". While his movements might seem advanced, they are nothing more than complex animatronics. This is not some sure intelligent advanced robot some people see him as. He his simply an animatronic machine programmed to drive specific route, and to say Pre-recorded lines. Animtronics have been popular since the 1964 New York World's Fair, when an animatronic Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettyburg Address. It's a a robot folks, it's an anamtronic machine. I suggest anyone that doesn't know the difference to research before assuming this is an advanced robot, because it is not.
  • Administrators

I think where many of us are getting confused is not because of the bus driver himself, but rather how to bus operates with him as the controller. Going off Tac's provided quote from Shooter, animatronics have been around for almost half a century. That being said, an automated robot is nothing new in particular in this time frame. What makes it a bit interesting is how to bus can still operate on its own.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/car-fut ... s-17324387

This came up around September. I'm sure there have already been prototypes of it experimented beyond 2012, but if you go by this, then it's safe to assume that automated vehicles weren't considered operational as smoothly as the bus. What we know is that the GPS system on the bus is not working properly.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 36&t=25277

In the video, there is a quote about the bus driver stating an Error upon exiting the tunnel. There is a path blocked my sandbags that should be our actual exit, however, the GPS navigation system is broken and turns left instead of right. This error continues and forces the bus into a loop around Green Run. I wanted to take a brief look into GPS systems.

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~mreece/gps/history.html

The concept was originally used in 1964 as militaristic technology. What I find very, very interesting is this quote:

Prior to the development of the GPS system, the first satellite system was called Transit and was operational beginning in 1964.

Did you see what I see? If you did, then we both come on the same terms. The bus we have in-game is fully capable of navigating itself considering that we had GPS systems as early as 1964. This year has popped up so much in the zombies storyline, strange huh? The bus we love oh so much is not a normal tour vehicle; rather, a government-owned transport. Please take a look at the second link I supplied the post with. PINNAZ did a fantastic job pointing these out; what kind of tour bus takes you to certain hotspots of America, then allows entrance to government-official facilities? The answer is simple: this bus. But it's not your ordinary bus. A military transport vehicle, to be more exact, implemented a system that was recently brought up.

Also, I believe whoever reads this quote also noticed that the first GPS satellite system is called "Transit". Resembles something awfully similar, yes?

I will move my discussion of this topic here as this seems to be the appropriate thread, and it seems appropriate that it is in the asylum.

In regards to the bus drivers blue eyes leading people to believe that he may be in fact controlled by Richtofen I think this is also highly possible and would be an acceptable explanation for his manner and apparent intelligence. But since he is electronic would it not be more likely that he should be controlled by Maxis? I'm not entirely sure on that.

Timeline

Now just to clarify that (T.E.D.D) in one of his quotes to the Global Positioning System, this is abbreviated as GPS now, development on GPS was not begun until 1973 with the first satellite not reaching orbit until 1978, it's predecessor the Transit Navigation System was operational in 1964 but is completely separate to the GPS which the bus driver is referring to.

According to this report

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~mreece/gps/history.html

The Transit Navigation System took 15 minutes to calculate a position which would render it useless to a vehicle. It was mainly used for submarines and ships who didn't need such a precise location.

And now onto the bus drivers intelligence and situational awareness, for example when he refers to the zombies in his quotes, his body may just be a complex animatronic machine but for his intelligence I see only three logical explanations, they are either

a) He is a highly advanced sentient A.I that can learn and understand much as a human would, which would place him in at least the 2020's or near future

B) He is somehow under the influence of Richtofen

c) He is gaining awareness from the 115 being released from the zombies as they are killed by or near the bus

But yes i also agree that the bus is most likely a military transport vehicle.

if we got to the Moon via teleporter in Area 51 without a hitch, then surely we can have animatronics at such an intelligent level.

It seems unlikely that this would be the case as the reasoning behind the advanced technology such as the ray gun PaP and Teleporters is that they use 115 is it not? This doesn't seem like the case here.

So I think that the bus driver raises some serious questions about the time that Green Run takes place all on his own, but please feel free to rip my theories to shreds. :mrgreen:

I don't think GPS has anything to do with the driver. GPS works using trilateration from satellites, and I doubt there are many satellites after the bombardment of earth

c) He is gaining awareness from the 115 being released from the zombies as they are killed by or near the bus

That's interesting. Someone should try getting to high rounds only killing zombise on the bus, see if that affects anything

Well one thing we do know about T.E.D.D. is that unlike any other robot i've ever heard of, he can feel pain. This is backed up by quotes he makes when he takes any kind of damage, such as gunfire or knife lunges. This could mean that (and i'm sorry because I don't know who suggested this originally) T.E.D.D. really DOES have the ability to use human feelings and emotions. This is also backed up by his ability to comment on the places he stops at and how he often uses typical stereotypes to describe them (i.e. "An abandoned power plant. What could go wrong here?"). For this reason, I do believe that he has some kind of adapting brain (you know what I mean) that means he can learn from situations that occur around him (another example being him showing fear when crossing the bridge for the first time as it collapses around him) and adapt to them, and that he is NOT controlled by Richtofen or Maxis. Also, because of this adapting brain thing I doubt the map takes place before at least the 2000's, as this kind of technology didn't exist in the 80's. Finally, and again O don't know wo originally suggested this so my apologies, this map may not take place straight after the events on the Moon, as I can remember reading somewhere (I really don't remember where but i'm pretty sure it was on this forum) that Maxis can say that he's been looking for survivors of the Moon missiles for "a long time now", which also implies these new survivors have been together for a while and also explains how they all know what one another is like before the game even starts.This is just my thoughts guys but of course, ridicule away if you have a valid response to any of this. I'll listen! :)