Guys, I have a bad technical issue! Help, Please!

I got Black Ops II for the Xbox 360 the day it came out. I played it, and I noticed a bit of like tiny skipping, But just a little, Just in some dialog. Then, Yesterday (Dec 14) I would put it in, and It would automaticly pop up "Game disk unreadable" Even before that, The game would freeze randomly, and I'd restart it, and It would be fine for a while, Then random freezing, On Campaign, Zombies, and Multiplayer. There were NO SCRATCHES, And I Keep them in the special cases, But I Hadn't even taken it out of my Xbox since I got it. So, Today (Dec 15) I took it to gamestop (I bought warrenty) and They gave me a new copy. The nice lady said that There have been alot of glitches on Black Ops II, because they were rushed to the market. She also said that on some PC ones, They found out it didn't even have BOII on it, Just a demo to a totally different game. So, I went home, Put it in, and It was working, I Played a campaign, and It froze, But I decided to try it again, And tried to play with some friends on zombies, It froze... It's really annoying me, and I bought the Season pass to go with it! I have the newest Xbox too... Now its saying "Game disk is unreadable" And, Its not my xbox, I put in a different game, and It ran perfectly, So, What can I do? I need some help, Please.

Thanks, If you took the time to read this...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my advice.

1. As the disk holds a massive amount of memory, it is on a double-layered disk. Over time the laser reader lens in your system can become tarnished. If this happens, Your system will stop reading games of a high memory capacity. A simple solution is to buy a laser cleaner for your system, or go to a store like best buy to get it cleaned. This problem usually presents itself by not reading the game at all, but can sometimes simply cause it to stop being read mid-game.

2. This is simply an error on treyarch's part. This is likely because so many people have reported this error. If this is the case it will just be patched out in the next few weeks. Until then, just wait.

That is all the help I can offer you for now.

Here is my advice.

1. As the disk holds a massive amount of memory, it is on a double-layered disk. Over time the laser reader lens in your system can become tarnished. If this happens, Your system will stop reading games of a high memory capacity. A simple solution is to buy a laser cleaner for your system, or go to a store like best buy to get it cleaned. This problem usually presents itself by not reading the game at all, but can sometimes simply cause it to stop being read mid-game.

I got the 360 last Christmas, Do you still think that could be the problem? And also, Treyarch could patch it via updates, and Not new disks? :o

Here is my advice.

I got the 360 last Christmas, Do you still think that could be the problem? And also, Treyarch could patch it via updates, and Not new disks? :o

If the laser reader is tarnished, it could have happened due to exposure to smoke. If you or anybody else smoke regularly it might contribute. I guess it's possible that it could happen in about a year.

I'm not entirely sure whether it could actually be fixed via patch or not if it's a problem with development. Either way, I bet it will be fixed by the first DLC. After all it may simply require a patch. If not they may recall disks and replace them, but this is highly unlikely.

If it isn't an error with your system, you will just have to wait it out. Just have faith...

I would start by double checking that my system updates are done. (on ps3 I found an update that the ps3 didn't notify me of. It wasn't anything big but it was an update nonetheless)

The other thing that wreaks havoc on this game is the stability of your internet connection. I know you said it locked up during campaign but in my experience this game acts extremely weird if your internet connection is not keeping steady. If it fluctuates then it freezes, drops you, or even hangs your console. It'll even make it so you can't start a solo lobby in zombies. If you're on a wireless router I'd suggest testing things out with an Ethernet cable.

Other than that I would try the disk on another console to rule your console out as a culprit. I've heard, witnessed, and even experienced many things going on with this game but never anything as severe as the problems you're having. Since you're still having the issue after exchanging the disc at the store then it leads me to believe it is one or both the console itself and the stability of your internet connection.

Good luck man, I know how frustrating it can be, expecially if you're a die hard Blops fan.

Here is my advice.

If the laser reader is tarnished, it could have happened due to exposure to smoke. If you or anybody else smoke regularly it might contribute. I guess it's possible that it could happen in about a year.

I'm not entirely sure whether it could actually be fixed via patch or not if it's a problem with development. Either way, I bet it will be fixed by the first DLC. After all it may simply require a patch. If not they may recall disks and replace them, but this is highly unlikely.

If it isn't an error with your system, you will just have to wait it out. Just have faith...

Nope, No one smokes, No one has even been in the house that smokes, like, rarely ever.

I would start by double checking that my system updates are done. (on ps3 I found an update that the ps3 didn't notify me of. It wasn't anything big but it was an update nonetheless)

The other thing that wreaks havoc on this game is the stability of your internet connection. I know you said it locked up during campaign but in my experience this game acts extremely weird if your internet connection is not keeping steady. If it fluctuates then it freezes, drops you, or even hangs your console. It'll even make it so you can't start a solo lobby in zombies. If you're on a wireless router I'd suggest testing things out with an Ethernet cable.

Other than that I would try the disk on another console to rule your console out as a culprit. I've heard, witnessed, and even experienced many things going on with this game but never anything as severe as the problems you're having. Since you're still having the issue after exchanging the disc at the store then it leads me to believe it is one or both the console itself and the stability of your internet connection.

Good luck man, I know how frustrating it can be, expecially if you're a die hard Blops fan.

Nope, I Have a cable that runs, From my 360, through two doors, up some stairs, all the way to the wireless router. :3 And, Thanks, SO MUCH for helping, please continue to send ideas. And, If anyone is good friends with a Treyarch member on this site, Could you ask them about it for me, Please? :D

Ok I may be the only one who has experienced this, but check this out:

When Black Ops 1 was released I had it damn near the same day. I went through about five discs just because of the middle hole that the Xbox uses to pick up the disc. Every one I had would crack a small amount in the middle when I put it back in the case. I am very careful with games and this is the only game that I have had trouble with. On the fifth one I started putting it in the sleeve booklet that comes with the game. The pages are smooth and it doesn't move around too much.

Every time it would crack, my Xbox would say "Cannot read disc". My Uncle went through three of the Black Ops 1 discs as well for this reason. Look in the middle and tell me what you see.