THE NEW CREW INTRODUCTION

zombo187

Welcome to my breif Introduction of the "New Crew" in Zombies. This is still very much unfinished and ANYTHING you can add will help build our understanding of the story line associated with them.

MARLTON - A tall, slender man with glasses and a "poindexter" voice. This character has been fleshed out to a degree by others but to recap and summarize; He is featured in NUKETOWN hiding in a bunker where we hear various quotes similar to the ones said in TRANZIT. He has definate military ties most likely the CIA or a compartment of it. He is a Scholar and an Electrical Engineer. Marlton can easily be considered the "BRAINS" of the operation.

RUSTY - Is an aged war veteran with possible ties to TANK DEMPSEY". He is African American and appears very old. This character handles the hoardes with an upbeat attitude and often makes jokes of even dire situations. This makes me think that he has quite a bit of experience with killing in general and the zombie hoardes.

MISTY - A tall and sassy southern girl who wears a ball cap and flannel shirt. This character is reminiscent of a Diner waitress(In my opinion.). There have been unconfirmed rumors that she is tied to the CDC in some way and that she may in fact be TANK DEMPSEYS daughter. I can not confirm or deny these rumors. She certainly is a fire cracker personallity wise. She brags about being a knife fighting champion and is also upbeat in spirits even durring the worst of situations.

STU - The oldest of the bunch, this man is seemingly average except that he hears voices. As the story tells us, all over the area and possibly the world certain members of groups of survivors hear voices that tell them to do stuff. Most often they tell people to kill other members of their group. I beleive it is Richtofen's voice that STU hears.

Thanks for reading and if you have anything to add that I missed or over looked please post!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. I may have a bit to contribute though. Hold on...

Marlton Johnson- Claims to have been "exiled" or "banished" from a currently unknown group. Perhaps this ties in with his possible CIA affiliation.

Russman- his appearance and general demeanor seem to imply that he may have been homeless? (This is just my speculation.) plus he wears a boot on one foot and a shoe on the other. He has Alzheimer's, and also he has no last name. :shock:

Misty- Full name is Abigail Briarton. She knew russman before the apocalypse. That's all I have for her now :mrgreen:

Samuel Stuhlinger- He is obsessed with conspiracy theories and constantly blames his hardships on stuff like the government and aliens and stuff.

You missed Sams whole thing about eating people! Sam has a penchant for flesh, AND he can hear Richtofen? It's clear that Richtofen can only manipulate zombies, so Sam hearing his influence means that he has a some influence over Sam. Sam has some definite zombie influence in him or at least some 115 or so. Remember that originally 115 was used by Richtofen to control the original three Dempsey and them.

So yeah maybe Sam has been influenced more by 115 somehow, plus the rest of the people who can hear his voice.

Okay, here's all I have:

Marlton Johnson: Marlton was part of a team of scientists sent to investigate the remains of Nuketown. However, the explosion seems to have awaken some undead (pwrhaps there was 115 nearby?) and they attacked the scientists. Marlton was the only survivor and hid himself in the Bunker to escape, where he was able to call for backup but apparently heard no response. A team of CIA and CDC operatives were sent to investigate but eventually succumbed to the zombie hoard, the whole time Marlton was in the nuclear bunker wiating for help which seemed to not be coming. The missiles from the Moon hit and eventually resurfaced to the new world- all the zombies had been killed by the missile however the planets surface had been decimated. Marlton eventually made it back to Hanford (where TranZit occurs) where he met with the other survivors as the undead rose from the ground once more...

Samuel Stuhlinger: Samuel is extremely paranoid character, who is a conspiracy theory enthusiast and believes almost any bad thing that happens to be a conspiracy. This extreme state of mind has left him open to almost anything, which is most likely how Richtofen speaks to him. Richtofen himslef says that out of the group he is the only one able to hear him (Richtofen), implying Samuel may suffer from Schizofrenia (like Richtofen before him, who also had voices in his head from the aether).

Abigail 'Misty' Briarton: Misty apparently grew upon a farm (maybe the one featured in TranZit?) and both her parents were killed by the zombies. She appears to be a typical case of having beauty and brains, as she clearly knows her stuff (like when she builda stuff and she says that to avoid hurting Marlton, the smart ones feeling she'll say she found the device). She apparently got her nickname 'Misty' as she ran a marathon through the mysterious mist surrounding her Town (according to Russman). She also has a crush on Marlton, who returns this crush.

Russman: Finally Russman, who seems to have the least amount of background information on him. Asides from perhaps being a homeless person (evidenced by his look and several quotes) and maybe being an army veteran (again evidenced by quotes), there isn't much. He is the oldest of the group (older than Samuel amd the oldest Zombies character), and that's literally all I can remember but please feel free to add more anyone.

Now, for the relationships between the group, so keep up!:

Russman despises Marlton

Samuel hates Marlton

Misty has a crush Marlton

Russman likes Samuel

Marlton hates Samuel

Misty despises Samuel

Russman likes Misty

Samuel despises Misty

Marlton has a crush on Misty

Misty likes Russman

Samuel likes Russman

Marlton despises Russman

Hope that helps everyone :)

GOOD STUFF!!

I have done a bit of research myself since posting and have found many flaws in my original post, but luckily all of you seem to have caught them. This is WHY I posted this thread to have the community update me and maybe I can update them.

MARLTON *UPDATE INFO* - Has definate ties to the CIA. This is established through things he says. I have heard the quotes where he mentions his frustration with being banished from something. he says about this topic "I was the one reporting on everyone". I believe this to be POSSIBLY the ILLUMINATI that richtofen mentions being a part of and is intigral in the plot overall. MARLTON is called a liar by other characters, most notably RUSSMAN. He states "I GUESS THOSE THINGS HATE LIARS TOO" and "I HOPE IT PULLS OUT YOUR LYIN TOUNGE BOY, GUESS ALL THAT BOOK LEARNIN CANT HELP YOU NOW!" We know he is refering to MARLTON because he only calls MARLTON "Boy".

MISTY *UPDATE* Misty DOES NOT like STU. She often ridicules him for being "useless". She is aware that Marlton likes her, and that he thinks HIMSELF a genius. She cares what he thinks for whatever reason as she says " I cant tell MARLTON I built this...Ill just say I found it." She often refers to MARLTON as "MARL" or "MARLEY" indicating a personal relationship. She often also refers to MARLTON as "sexy". This to me indicates a possible love relationship. She does not even come close to refering to the others in this campy way. It has been speculated that MISTY is a local. I beleive this to be TRUE. She says in game "this place brings back old memories". I know this is not a CLEAR indication, but being a farm girl, it's entirely possible that she is from the area. IT IS clear that she watched her father die, and she is very sad still but only when not killing hoardes. She cannot remember her mother's face either, this tells me that her mother died long before the zombie apocolypse that she was raised in, occured.

STU *UPDATE* - After reviewing the Data available I am now sure that he indeed is homeless and a military veteran. Based on MISTY'S comments STU or STOOLINGER is gay. she states he likes to hang out in men's rooms and even says "STOOLINGERS GOING DOWN...And this time it's not on RUSSMAN". She also goes on to ridicule him for wearing girl's shoes.

RUSSMAN - *UPDATE* Russman is very old and knows it. He also appears to be a "TEDD NUGENT" style gun fanatic. He genuinely derives pleasure from talking or thinking about the guns he's using. He is wise with age but does not indicate to have any intimate knowledge of anything specific going on. He only requires a "dark quiet hole" or a place to rest. He comes from a position of management to what degree is uncertain, He says "I Miss the good ol' days when people did what I say without talkin back."

AGAIN....NOT COMPLETE DATA. please update my information if you know anything.

STU *UPDATE* - After reviewing the Data available I am now sure that he indeed is homeless and a military veteran. Based on MISTY'S comments STU or STOOLINGER is gay. she states he likes to hang out in men's rooms and even says "STOOLINGERS GOING DOWN...And this time it's not on RUSSMAN". She also goes on to ridicule him for wearing girl's shoes.

RUSSMAN - *UPDATE* Russman is very old and knows it. He also appears to be a "TEDD NUGENT" style gun fanatic. He genuinely derives pleasure from talking or thinking about the guns he's using. He is wise with age but does not indicate to have any intimate knowledge of anything specific going on. He only requires a "dark quiet hole" or a place to rest. He comes from a position of management to what degree is uncertain, He says "I Miss the good ol' days when people did what I say without talkin back."

I have seen no evidence of Stuhlinger being a homeless military veteran; I believe you're referring to Russman there, as he has both of those qualities.

I believe it could go either way. on one hand if he IS gay why would they gay bash in game? on the other why make so many random gay raferences towards him? its a toss up to me. its hard not to take things seriously! the most rediculous of hints could turn out to be a breakthrough so i just keep my mind flexible. and as ive said before I post what I post so others can correct me or update me if I am wrong so far the system works!

Exactly, and if I can suggest something that may help, I don't know how strong your knowledge of the Zombies Story is then I reccomend you research it an gain a better understanding of it. It's all fine and good knowing facts on the characters but you may not be able to understand some of these facts if you don't know the backstory i.e. Marlton worked for the government. FACT. He worked for the government as part of a group of scientists sent in to examine the results of the nule dropped on Nuketown, where a group of Zombies awoke and killed his entire research team, leaving him as the sole survivor and forcing him to hide in the bunker. BACKSTORY.

I have researched oter peoples Zombie story theories and have now theorised my own version of the story, using ideas based on other peoples theories and my own and it really helps keep things going plus it means you can fully devote yourself to Nazi Zombies in general, as now I have a strong grasp of weapons to use and not use, which power-ups are effective when, each map's easter eggand how it affects the story overall and I find this info really helpful to use on this forum.

yeah im pretty up to date on the zombies story line as a whole. the new stuff is a bit fuzzy as it is still unfolding. I know marlton is a gov't agent. he is the most fleshed out character and in my personal view most likely the most important of our crew so far. but we may find that each dlc fleshes out a specific character who knows.

Marlton worked for the government. FACT. He worked for the government as part of a group of scientists sent in to examine the results of the nule dropped on Nuketown, where a group of Zombies awoke and killed his entire research team, leaving him as the sole survivor and forcing him to hide in the bunker. BACKSTORY.

That is not true. There is no evidence that Marlton worked for the government nor was he a radiation scientist. That is a theory that is possible, but it is by no means indisputable fact.

Exactly, knifing the door to the bunker in Nuketown Zombies will male Marlton say something (Often unhearable but you can still distinguish it's his voice). Also, holding 'Use' on a TV in the farm on Tranzit makes a message play, giving co-ordinates to a location just outside of Area 51 in Nevada, where Nuketown is set. Trust me man, I know my Zombies story.

It may not be undisputable fact but it is known that he is a government employee. This is one of those things where even if the words arent spelled out for you, you can still read between the lines and find this is true. especially if you have nuketown.

"Read between the lines" means nothing. He is NOT a government employee. Let me tell you his job before the Zombies. Okay? His job is [uNKNOWN]. Since we do not know, you can theorize that it may have been a government job. But there is NOTHING to back that up irrefutably. Him being at Nuketown is not guaranteeing anything. If he was just another government employee, he would be DEAD, like ALL of the other characters at Nuketown. Marlton is literally the only person to survive Nuketown, ever.

your getting way too agrivated about this man. instead of just saying were wrong you could provide your own evidence to the contrary or backing up whatever it is your trying to say other than we are all wrong. im not infallible i know that there could potentially be alot of evidence out there to say i am wrong. but your not proving any of it your just shooting down the theories that people have formed using supporting evidence. albeit weak supporting evidence.

I'm not aggravated.

You want me to provide evidence that we have no evidence? How does that work? My point is that there is NO evidence whatsoever. We simply do not know his profession. You can suppose that he is a government worker, but do not act like that is an indisputable fact; that is a mere theory. Him being present at Nuketown is not evidence since we do not know why he was there.

Him being at Nuketown is not guaranteeing anything. If he was just another government employee, he would be DEAD, like ALL of the other characters at Nuketown. Marlton is literally the only person to survive Nuketown, ever.

You say that if he was a scientist at Nuketown, then he would have die with everyone else, but why would that be? Just because most of them died doesn't mean there wouldn't be a survivor. We also know, and this IS fact, that Marlton had locked himself up inside a nuclear bunker sometime before we started playing Nuketown Zombies. We also know that the only people to visit Nuketown after the explosion were government scientists and agents, so how else would Marlton have ended up in the middle of a government experiment? Finally, at around Wave 6 on Nuketown Zombies the bus horn from TranZit can be heard. This could be one of the buses stopping locations or another bus from the same company, and it survives the explosion from the missiles and provides Marlton with an escape route from Nuketown. It would explain how he ended up in the bus depot with the other survivors, and we already know that he didn't know any of the other characters before the explosion. All this above is very good, solid evidence to support me and Zombo's claim that he iwas a Government Scientist and you have... Nothing. Nothing to back up your claims that we are somebow wrong here, all you're doing is disagreeing with us and not providing evidence as to why we're wrong, so you really have no legs to stand on here. And don't use the excuse that "There is no evidence" 'cos i'm pretty sure that there is something to suggest we are wrong (Anythig from his character model to quotes, he does have unique quotes in Nuketown Zombies that are quite inaudible you could try and figure out?), but until you have solid evidence to disprove our THEORY (bear in mind that's what it is), i'd appreciate it if you disn't try and ridicule the theory I have been working on for quite some time now, and putting a lot of effort and background research into.

• Administrators

Look, I'm into theories as much as the next guy, and it's very possible he worked for the government, but to call it fact as you did is plain wrong. There is no evidence towards Marlton working for the government. He does not state that he worked for the government, never mentions the government in general, never mentions his previous job, never mentions anything like that. You can theorize about it, and there's nothing wrong with it, but don't call it fact.

You wanted us to provide evidence for why you are wrong? We can't, because no one knows his past. We can make a theory, like you, but we'd be hypocrites to say you're wrong. That's not the point of our posts, to say you're wrong, it's to say you're going about your belief wrong by stating it is fact.

I never meant to imply that it was fact, because of course it's not. I know it's actually a very good theory that has actual evidence to support it, and all i'm saying is that it's probably the best theory to his past at the moment. If I was trying to make it sound like fact then i'm sorry, but this is just a theoey that I believe quite strongly in and will continue to do so until more maps come out and prove otherwise.

• Administrators

I never meant to imply that it was fact, because of course it's not. I know it's actually a very good theory that has actual evidence to support it, and all i'm saying is that it's probably the best theory to his past at the moment. If I was trying to make it sound like fact then i'm sorry, but this is just a theoey that I believe quite strongly in and will continue to do so until more maps come out and prove otherwise.

And that's fine, it was just the following thing said by you that upset me:

"Marlton worked for the government. FACT."

This quote intrigues by Marlton:

"I... Am the very model of a modern Major-General." - Marlton in Green Run

EDIT: So apparently that's a song from 1879: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major-General's_Song

Dempsey may be Misty's father, and the man she beleived to be her father was her mothers husband? Who knows, but it's unlikely that Dempsey would stick around to raise a family, he has to save the world from Richtofen!

I had wrote out a big response to this, with links to other posts on this website and everything. However, it didn't seem to save, so i'll pit it again a lot more simply- Misty would be at least 53 if this was true, as Dempsey would have not seem the mother of his child (he mentions having a 5 year old in Moon) since around 1938 and this post: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11967

Claims TranZit occurs in 1991 (well, 1986 to 1991 but still). Also, if the post is wrong and TranZit occurs later, maybe even present day, then Misty would be a lot older and let's be honest she looks to be in her mid-to-late 20's. So I personally doubt it but hey- as we've already discussed here, just because it's not said doesn't mean it's not true.

I'm not aggravated.

You want me to provide evidence that we have no evidence? How does that work? My point is that there is NO evidence whatsoever. We simply do not know his profession. You can suppose that he is a government worker, but do not act like that is an indisputable fact; that is a mere theory. Him being present at Nuketown is not evidence since we do not know why he was there.

OK whatever drops this argument. its not productive.

I understand that this post is in the ASYLUM section and not usually for speculation conversations that are as weak as this. I posted this before i understood how the site worked and now i know.

so your right, ok? I cannot say for certain that he IS a gov't employee.