Dr. Maxis and the Trichotomous Scalene Obtuse Triangle

HotZin

I thought I should just create a new thread, since apparently the OPL one completely died out, and isn't really related to this theory, so...

Here's a quote to my theory I had posted there previously:

Ok so here it is:

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdt7ht.jpg

This is the only possible scalene triangle that circles around the pylon, and what I thought was really coincidental, was the fact that it links the Cabin, Natch der Untoten AND Town. 3 of the most supernatural and creepy places of the entire map.

Now can anyone please, try placing 3 turbines at these exact light posts, and then trying to activate the Nav Cards at the pylon?

PS.: You can also try changing the town light post to the bus depot, as both also result into a scalene triangle, or even the other one that is past the bridge, all of the 3 posts are really close together, so it could be any of them, but Town to me seems the most relevant one.

So basically, my theory goes around what Maxis said so himself. To me, it basically seems like he wants a source of energy to go around the pylon, as in the Trichotomous mentioned by him, and the way it would work, would be by forming a Scalene Obtuse Triangle around it with the Turbines connected to the light posts. So read my quote carefully, and pay attention to the edited map, and tell me what you think, and obviously, try it out and tell me if it works. (IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY IT OUT, READ THE "PS.:" AS IT IS ALSO A POSSIBILITY")

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it has to be the one at Bus Depot. If you place a Turbine down there, Maxis will speak up about the triangle formation. Judging by the picture of the map and how the triangle looks, I'd say that's the correct formation anyways from there.

Hopefully with a bit of experimenting, we can get it to work.

It's a shame a bunch of people are giving attention to the "riddles" that Troll Dan left behind, but aren't simply doing what they should be doing, which is following the game's instructions.

It is clear that Maxis wants us to interact with the light posts, and he has talked about triangles, and no one has deployed more than 2 turbines at the posts.

I really hope this gets some attention soon, as I truly believe, could be the next step to the EE, and I guess, the last one.

• Administrators

It's a shame a bunch of people are giving attention to the "riddles" that Troll Dan left behind, but aren't simply doing what they should be doing, which is following the game's instructions.

It is clear that Maxis wants us to interact with the light posts, and he has talked about triangles, and no one has deployed more than 2 turbines at the posts.

I really hope this gets some attention soon, as I truly believe, could be the next step to the EE, and I guess, the last one.

The reason why this step was overlooked was because most people automatically assumed that setting Turbines down at Diner and Depot (including the two under the pylon) would have created that said triangle. Even more so, Maxis will say the quote about the obtuse scalene whether you did the steps in chronological order or not. Hell - he'll even state it before power is even on, so it threw off players even more. Either way it goes, i this is what leads to activating the acceptance of the Navcard, then so be it.

The reason why this step was overlooked was because most people automatically assumed that setting Turbines down at Diner and Depot (including the two under the pylon) would have created that said triangle. Even more so, Maxis will say the quote about the obtuse scalene whether you did the steps in chronological order or not. Hell - he'll even state it before power is even on, so it threw off players even more. Either way it goes, i this is what leads to activating the acceptance of the Navcard, then so be it.

Even more interestingly, a guy just posted this video in another thread, after I created here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaQrmyg3LI

The guy got a similar idea, just seems like it came from the wrong posts.

I guess we could be heading to the right way finally. Like I said, hopefully we can get some attention to this theory soon.

I really like this. If the whole clock thing doesnt end up working we will try this no matter what. I am just trying to figure out becuase in this video
He says you have activated the two obtuse vertices of the scalene. Now I would think we would need one more obtuse vertice on order to get it to work?

A triangle can't have more than one obtuse vertice, as an obtuse vertice is 91 or more degrees. A triangle has 180 degrees total.

I have also a different theory, Maxis could be talking about a vectorial 3D Triangle. That one could actually apply more than one obtuse vertice, I think.

But for now, let's stick to the basics, and let's try to see if any of the mentioned combinations work. Natch+Cabin+either Town(aka before the bridge), Bus Depot or the one after the bridge.

I want to point out that Maxis NEVER says triangle. He says "you have completed the two obtuse vertices of the scalene..." A scalene is just a geometric shape where none of the sides are of equal length. A Quadrilateral shape can have two obtuse vertices (4 sides)!

He hasn't said anything about a triangle, but has mentioned a Trichotomous system.

And also, by logic, the maximum number of managed Turbines that can be put down at the same time, while someone is at the pylon (assuming it makes the NavCard table/Obelisk work) is 3. So basically, 3 people placing down Turbines, while one is at the pylon. Not to mention by my theory's logic, he wants to make a circular flux of energy around the pylon, in which 3 points should sufice, as it is the shortest way to close a space.

Indeed though, the only way to have 2 obtuse vertices would be making a geometric shape with more than 3 vertices, so it does make sense in a way.

So people, we are looking into two possibilities, one being a triangular shape that circles around the pylon, and the other one, a square with 2 obtuse vertices.

I will be taking a look at a later time, to see if I can fit a 4 sided geometric shape with 2 obtuse vertices into it (I can already imagine a pattern in my head very easily). I would love if someone else did it before me though, as I am rather tired right now.

EDIT: Ok so, Maxis definitely talks about a Triangle shape, as the suggested theory has been dismistified by this gentleman:

The following is a "Scalene" with "two obtuse vertices"!

that's not a scalene a scalene in its definition is clearly defined as something with three unequal sides not four... four makes it a quadrilateral

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scalene

Ok people, so let's keep on going with the triangle theory. Has anyone tried any of the possible combinations I've suggested?

Why are you posting this? I'm pretty sure everyone that is up to par with theories have seen this video.

I don't know if you read the thread, but the objective is trying to find the final combination of 3 turbines put into the lamp posts, that connect all 3 vertices, like Maxis wants us to, as noted in OPL's video, which could maybe lead us to the last part of the easter egg, if not the actual end of it.

So, I've seen a lot of people experimenting with the clock combinations. Has anyone even attempted the combinations I suggested?

Just bumping this, as it is falling down in the section. Hopefully someone can actually try this one, so we can either use this, or simply bust it.

For those that haven't seen the entire image yet, because the forums' layout cut the image in half:

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdt7ht.jpg

I thought that could be one of the reason why some people haven't understood my theory.

• 2 years later...

This is the most solid and sound theory yet.  If it is a specific shape that Maxis wants us to make then i could see how we are overlooking the right way. I mean there has to be more, now that all the dlcs are out that proves that whatever is in tranzit was in it all along.  The next step is So simple we must be overshooting it by along shot.  Obey the Voices....