Giant Accomplishment? More Like Giant Headache

ninezerowill

Seriously 3arc, what the hell? Challenges for campaign levels AND Strikeforce missions?

Don't even get me started on some of the challenges for Suffer With Me!

Hell, why not put similar challenges in Zombies? You're just giving players more of a reason to re-play the campaign, which would be great if there was a SKIP TO ACTION button. Sheesh.

Somehow I think carbon had a hand in including challenges in the campaign and strikeforce. I dunno, just feels like some garbage he would think up.

I normally don't rant like this, but some of the challenges have made me want to pull out my 12 gauge and blow a hole in the wall. Most of them are just cheap gimmick challenges to make up for the fact that the campaign is only made difficult on Veteran because of grenade and RPG spam, just straight garbage. And friendly AI is as dumb and unaware as ever.

When I unlock the "Giant Accomplishment" achievement, I am NEVER EVER touching the campaign option AGAIN. F U 3arc for annoying the living daylights out of me.

/rant over

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I think carbon had a hand in including challenges in the campaign and strikeforce. I dunno, just feels like some garbage he would think up

While I agree that challenges should have been in zombies, it is completely out of place to attack Carbon. He doesn't even work in that area.

Somehow I think carbon had a hand in including challenges in the campaign and strikeforce. I dunno, just feels like some garbage he would think up

While I agree that challenges should have been in zombies, it is completely out of place to attack Carbon. He doesn't even work in that area.

Just because he doesn't work in that area doesn't mean he can't suggest things. Word travels around departments, even if he didn't directly suggest it to the campaign designers, he could've mouthed off about it and had his comments heard and carried on by word of mouth.

• 2 months later...

I would like some sort of indication while in game that I've completed a challenge. Maybe I'm not paying attention, but take Shifting Sands for example...I completely disregarded following on horseback because I was seeking out Russians to run over...I swore I had run over twenty, finish up the mission and DON'T get the challenge marked complete!

I may try to write a how-to guide on all these challenges, haven't seen one on this forum. Anyone else seen one elsewhere or want to help me write the guide?

• 2 months later...

I would like some sort of indication while in game that I've completed a challenge. Maybe I'm not paying attention, but take Shifting Sands for example...I completely disregarded following on horseback because I was seeking out Russians to run over...I swore I had run over twenty, finish up the mission and DON'T get the challenge marked complete!

I may try to write a how-to guide on all these challenges, haven't seen one on this forum. Anyone else seen one elsewhere or want to help me write the guide?

i know this may be wayyyy to late. But I think it shows "combat record updated" when you complete a challenge.

Clan":2cc18kxp]Ive never beat the single player in black ops 2.Should I?

ehhh. its pretty short. Its a good 4-5+ hours of fun. You have to play the campaign multiple times to get the full feeling. So the playability is good but the cut scenes are bad because they are so repetitive.

Clan":2w3kgowc]Ive never beat the single player in black ops 2.Should I?

ehhh. its pretty short. Its a good 4-5+ hours of fun. You have to play the campaign multiple times to get the full feeling. So the playability is good but the cut scenes are bad because they are so repetitive.

I've still haven't played the campaign at all and probably never will. If I do it will be one play through on hardened and that's all.

I played a lot of campaign and spec ops on mw3. Basically did the spec ops to get the two titles that come along in the multiplayer. And then I actually wanted to do the story behind the spec ops so I did the campaign. I also had a couple weekends without internet SOOoo campaign was all I could do. Campaign in bo2 just is boring to me. Zombies is much more funner then the campaign if I want to take a break from multiplayer.

I'd much rather go back to Black Ops 1 and delete all my progress and map packs so I could 100% that game. Stupid 100% intel code. Should've at least warned me I wouldn't be able to 100%.

Looks like I'm never 100%ing Black Ops 2. I beat the campaign ln Veteran, and that's enough.

To be fair, Delta, I'm pretty sure it does give you a warning beforehand that you wouldn't be able to get the achievement. :P

Either way, I am very happy that I managed to get Giant Accomplishment in this game. It really felt like that: a giant accomplishment. The Strike Force missions sucked so hard, though. Like, so very, very, very hard.

To be fair, Delta, I'm pretty sure it does give you a warning beforehand that you wouldn't be able to get the achievement. :P

Either way, I am very happy that I managed to get Giant Accomplishment in this game. It really felt like that: a giant accomplishment. The Strike Force missions sucked so hard, though. Like, so very, very, very hard.

Yea I tried them on veteran and couldn't beat them. are they the same difficulty on recruit?

I was given no warning, it just told me this would unlock Dead Ops and all intel. Live and learn, I guess. :P

I found Strike Force to be easy even on Veteran except on the one where you have to jam some AA missiles and blow up a cargo ship. Giant headache, but yeah. They are easier the lower difficulty you go. Assassinating Zhao may be a bit difficult, as you're outnumbered about 4 to 30+.