Derailed and overlooked, link found?

KilledByPixels

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

If anyone wants to try some of this out tonight on Xbox message me with "Codz Zombies" or my facebook.

I'm down to play with anyone, got a mic, and am pretty good.

Xbox Live: "Xieon1"

Edit:

I have also seen the whole map on a flyby with no fog. The train is low res, and there is nothing on the other side of it. Maybe nothing

So I ran around the entire perimeter with the board. No dice. Not to say I didn't miss some spots but nothing showed up so far.

I did have a weird little glitch happen to me though. I was in the tunnel and the bus came through, I was able to climb up on top of the bus where the ladder goes without the ladder being attached yet. The climbing animation and everything was there but I hadn't actually attached the ladder to the bus yet.

If anyone has a solid party they should each grab a piece of the power switch buildable and run around to see if they activate a prompt anywhere. Would be so much easier to do than solo like I did with the board.

I also tried to put the ladder on the Sedan billboard sign to no avail. So far I got nothing.

I do want to try to blow the shit out of that big generator across from the power station but I've gotta rally a good enough party to coordinate it. I also want to throw down turbines in the 4 locations with the sparking wires, Seems like a logical theory to close the circuit in the lines around the map and restore full power to the area, but hey who knows.

I tested the EMP the driver when his eyes are red and can confirm that it does nothing new. I can also confirm that throwing down your fan on the bus while the driver is EMP'd wakes him up immediately. Wonder if Galva-punching him would have the same effect.

So I ran around the entire perimeter with the board. No dice. Not to say I didn't miss some spots but nothing showed up so far.

I did have a weird little glitch happen to me though. I was in the tunnel and the bus came through, I was able to climb up on top of the bus where the ladder goes without the ladder being attached yet. The climbing animation and everything was there but I hadn't actually attached the ladder to the bus yet.

If anyone has a solid party they should each grab a piece of the power switch buildable and run around to see if they activate a prompt anywhere. Would be so much easier to do than solo like I did with the board.

I also tried to put the ladder on the Sedan billboard sign to no avail. So far I got nothing.

I do want to try to blow the shit out of that big generator across from the power station but I've gotta rally a good enough party to coordinate it. I also want to throw down turbines in the 4 locations with the sparking wires, Seems like a logical theory to close the circuit in the lines around the map and restore full power to the area, but hey who knows.

I tested the EMP the driver when his eyes are red and can confirm that it does nothing new. I can also confirm that throwing down your fan on the bus while the driver is EMP'd wakes him up immediately. Wonder if Galva-punching him would have the same effect.

Yes half the things you mentioned my team Group 247 tried last night. We tried blowing the hell out of the generator at the power the one hanging by one wire. We tried everything possible with the bus driver. We did put 1 turbine at one of the sparkling wires but it didnt do anything. Just wanted to clear some stuff up for you so you dont go through all the trouble of doing it to be let down.

Yes half the things you mentioned my team Group 247 tried last night. We tried blowing the hell out of the generator at the power the one hanging by one wire. We tried everything possible with the bus driver. We did put 1 turbine at one of the sparkling wires but it didnt do anything. Just wanted to clear some stuff up for you so you dont go through all the trouble of doing it to be let down.

Yea I read you guys tried that, I was just confirming. Never hurts to have a 2nd opinion.

The sparking wires though still may have some relevance. You may need to do all 4 to complete the entire circuit.

The generator you just mentioned wasn't the one I was talking about. You know how the tower is broken and laying over the road? If you follow that across the road where the rock wall is there is a giant generator with red glowing lights. Most people don't see it because of the fog. I found it when I had a migration glitch and wandered around with no fog. You can see it going from power to town (near the power area on the left.) and you can see it heading from the power to the farm on the right hand side. You can actually get closer to it by going from the power to the farm. You may be able to catch it in one of the "no fog" videos on youtube.

Seems to me there will need to be something done with that at some point.

I have also been thinking about those towers that are laying over the roads that the bus passes under. I don't remember where they all are but there is one at power and one just past the bowie knife going to town. Imagine if these were electrified like a barrier trap in Ascension or Kino. The bus would pass through them and shock the shit out of anything on the bus... like zombies. Or... us... ok well this theory needs some work. Anyway lol, back to work, good luck folks!

Yea I read you guys tried that, I was just confirming. Never hurts to have a 2nd opinion.

The sparking wires though still may have some relevance. You may need to do all 4 to complete the entire circuit.

The generator you just mentioned wasn't the one I was talking about. You know how the tower is broken and laying over the road? If you follow that across the road where the rock wall is there is a giant generator with red glowing lights. Most people don't see it because of the fog. I found it when I had a migration glitch and wandered around with no fog. You can see it going from power to town (near the power area on the left.) and you can see it heading from the power to the farm on the right hand side. You can actually get closer to it by going from the power to the farm. You may be able to catch it in one of the "no fog" videos on youtube.

Seems to me there will need to be something done with that at some point.

I have also been thinking about those towers that are laying over the roads that the bus passes under. I don't remember where they all are but there is one at power and one just past the bowie knife going to town. Imagine if these were electrified like a barrier trap in Ascension or Kino. The bus would pass through them and shock the shit out of anything on the bus... like zombies. Or... us... ok well this theory needs some work. Anyway lol, back to work, good luck folks!

Yeah I had a feeling you were talking about that power grid one. I do too think it has something to do with something. I would like to try to through an EMP inside of there and see what exactly happens. Most likely nothing but it doesn't hurt to rule out any possibilities.

Sorry if this was posted before, but arent the wires being disconnected just showing that it needs to be powered to open (turbine)?

The problem with trying things solo is it's very likely that it will take cooperation of 4 people to make something happen. This is why I'm just checking the basics (looking for another hidden build site for the table) and shooting ideas out for your groups to have a go at. Try using some pack a punched junk, 4 guns, nades, monkeys, emp's, and the jet gun. Like Ascension, we might need to over load it with enough firepower to make something happen.

I have no idea really, just things I've thought about. I'll be living vicariously through group 247 and NGT until I can find a good enough zombie group to give things a serious go.

Good luck!

Anyone questioned the fact that there's a bowie knife in the game? If we have the galvaknuckles, why exactly bother giving us a bowie knife aswel? Totally unrelated, just wanted to throw it out there.

Preference. Bowie Knife gets stronger with PaPed Ballistic knife, but not GKs. GKs are one hit kill until round 14. It just depends what your willing to role with.

The problem with trying things solo is it's very likely that it will take cooperation of 4 people to make something happen. This is why I'm just checking the basics (looking for another hidden build site for the table) and shooting ideas out for your groups to have a go at. Try using some pack a punched junk, 4 guns, nades, monkeys, emp's, and the jet gun. Like Ascension, we might need to over load it with enough firepower to make something happen.

I have no idea really, just things I've thought about. I'll be living vicariously through group 247 and NGT until I can find a good enough zombie group to give things a serious go.

Good luck!

Thanks for putting our name in there lol. Anyway I do agree doing stuff solo most likely wont have any outcome due to the fact nothing can be achieved solo. So it sucks for people that dont have a team because I was one of those people. Trust me I know how it feels. Group 247 is welcome to help you with the next step once its achieved?

Anyone questioned the fact that there's a bowie knife in the game? If we have the galvaknuckles, why exactly bother giving us a bowie knife aswel? Totally unrelated, just wanted to throw it out there.

I don't question it as I think it's nice having a choice, having a cheaper option, and/or having a closer denizen killer to grab to run freely around in the fog. (usually grab it on my way to the power from town after hitting the bank)

Sorry if this was posted before, but arent the wires being disconnected just showing that it needs to be powered to open (turbine)?

A little but check them out... the wire at the church end of town goes to the building with jug I think. It just dangles there and sparks. Bridge that gap and the 3 others and it may do something.

Couple other ideas cuz they seem to be just flying out of my ass here. Has anyone tried redirecting the beams with the zombie shield? Stop the bus in front of the bank just before the lava where the beam hits the 2nd floor windows and stand on top with the shield and try to reflect it to hit the sparkling orb on the streetlight?

Just a thought.

Also I'm curious why the nav card has to be picked up in solo. But nothing else?? Have we tried using the nav card in the nav card reader in solo? Why would that be in solo and not in 4 player?

Another thought I had (which is not well thought out mind you) is instead of trying to power everything up, try to power everything down. Leave the power off, EMP things like the bus, mystery box etc.. all at the same time.

Another dead end I'm sure.

lol, sorry if I'm annoying anyone, just trying to think of things for people to try.

When you go down the ladder gets left behind, maybe someone with the ladder went down up there.

Nice thought, but I'm sure the players have god mode activated when filming the in-game trailers, so they don't look dumb going down while trying to promote the game. Then again I could be wrong. I'll look at the trailer again in a little bit and EDIT my post with anything new I see.

Can someone tell me what this is @ 1:28 in the reveal trailer? I see a pylon but there's blue structure there... The bus depot nor the diner has any pylon there so what could it be? And in the trailer you can see clear as day because the trailer was shot with no fog activated.. :?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH_9GzaUW40

When you go down the ladder gets left behind, maybe someone with the ladder went down up there.

Nice thought, but I'm sure the players have god mode activated when filming the in-game trailers, so they don't look dumb going down while trying to promote the game. Then again I could be wrong. I'll look at the trailer again in a little bit and EDIT my post with anything new I see.

Can someone tell me what this is @ 1:28 in the reveal trailer? I see a pylon but there's blue structure there... The bus depot nor the diner has any pylon there so what could it be? And in the trailer you can see clear as day because the trailer was shot with no fog activated.. :?:

That's the mysterious blue building we just found out today.

That could be that generator out in the fog I was talking about above. It's not small, it's fairly big, has silo looking things.

In this video above, pause it at 1:24. That is a shit ton of spark to be in the room it's in and it is only on the screen for a second. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? (avagrado?) This may be a way to jump the spark from the sparking generator over to the fallen tower then on over to the big generator.

/me heads to the roof to light up the 247 group bat signal. ;)

http://gyazo.com/433fd7416eaff2748acf15ecbde512ee

http://gyazo.com/9dee339fef70db9f6e22dd6eb482c73c

If we're going to speculate, it's going to be a pain watching that video and trying to pause at just the right time, so those are the 2 frames of interest. Personally, i've never seen the avogadro up there.

But if we're throwing around random ideas, the generator in the power house does keep sending power up, makes you wonder what would happen if the avogadro was possibly made to overload it. Also, do we know what the electrical trap is for?

What are your opinions on the area between town and bus?

There is a bridge that always break, even if you cross it by foot and then from bridge to bus there are 2 routes, why 2?

Also this is the only area where there's nothin, what actually bothers me the most.

I mean, tunnel has a m16 and parts, dinner-farm has the shortcut, cornfield has tower and parts (in nacht) and cabin has Bowie knife and a part.

Every place (except shortcut which has a function) in the map has a function, loot and weapon except this one, while there can be even multiple in nacht and tunnel there's nothing there?

The trailer even features the bridge a few times, but then being this useless? The thought annoys me..

Another thing is that the bus drives slow on the bridge, just like on the useful part in the tunnel.

What are your opinions on the area between town and bus?

There is a bridge that always break, even if you cross it by foot and then from bridge to bus there are 2 routes, why 2?

Also this is the only area where there's nothin, what actually bothers me the most.

I mean, tunnel has a m16 and parts, dinner-farm has the shortcut, cornfield has tower and parts (in nacht) and cabin has Bowie knife and a part.

Every place (except shortcut which has a function) in the map has a function, loot and weapon except this one, while there can be even multiple in nacht and tunnel there's nothing there?

The trailer even features the bridge a few times, but then being this useless? The thought annoys me..

Another thing is that the bus drives slow on the bridge, just like on the useful part in the tunnel.

Another thing I noticed was, in the trailer tje bridge doesn't break with the bus on it, odd isn't it?

I was going to post, something like that about the bridge yesterday.but smart phones such on this forum. Has anyone tried to use anything else to stop the bus? I know its a little far fetched but what about putting to z shield in front of the bus. Or the electric trap, maybe put the turret on top of the bus? Lol im out, of ideas at this point