Hidden Maps Or Gamemodes?

Who here remembers that one EE where you break out of the chair and go to a computer to type in Dead Ops Arcade? I sure do. Now, has anyone tried doing this in BO2? I personally haven't, but I will try later. I saw a pic yesterday taken from within the files of the game http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater (Requires a FB profile to see). Is it me, or does this look fun?

Another thing though, this could be the pic used for a party gamemode thing in the zombies menu or loading screen. We'll see if this ever shows up or if it was just a scraped idea.

*UPDATE* I have fooled around with the menus a bit and found 2 things that are probably just little extras, but I found that at the campaign main menu, if you press X/Square, you'll press "F4" on you're little arm band monitor thingy. Maybe that could lead to something? Also in Zombies, if you wait like 10 second while looking at the entire earth when selecting a map, you'll see it shake violently out of nowhere, like as if a massive earthquake is happening. Nothing else afterwards.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, in BOII, there's no chair to break out of. That does look cool, but since it's the piece of meat you throw in Grief mode and looks like perhaps an old idea for Town (or perhaps what Town looked like pre-apocalypse) I would say this is probably some kind of concept art. Could be wrong I suppose. I've been wrong before.

Thing is, in BOII, there's no chair to break out of. That does look cool, but since it's the piece of meat you throw in Grief mode and looks like perhaps an old idea for Town (or perhaps what Town looked like pre-apocalypse) I would say this is probably some kind of concept art. Could be wrong I suppose. I've been wrong before.

To be honest, I never knew about the meat in grief (because I've never really played it :oops: ) I'll look for anything in the menus (which I also highly doubt there is, but worth a bit of a try).

Do you have nuketown zombies? I dont and i get the globe shake, i think its a glitch restricting you to select green run, even though other locations are loaded just inaccessable.

I don't, unfortunately. I'm hoping on getting the season pass soon. And as for the shake, it happened when I wasn't touching anything. See for yourself. Maybe we have to tap some buttons or some combination. Or it could be nothing. Who knows?

Do you have nuketown zombies? I dont and i get the globe shake, i think its a glitch restricting you to select green run, even though other locations are loaded just inaccessable.

I don't, unfortunately. I'm hoping on getting the season pass soon. And as for the shake, it happened when I wasn't touching anything. See for yourself. Maybe we have to tap some buttons or some combination. Or it could be nothing. Who knows?

If you watch the bottom right part of the screen when it is shaking, you can see a giant meteor passing by. It stops shaking the screen when it finishes passing by. This is unrelated to whether or not you have Nuketown.

If you watch the bottom right part of the screen when it is shaking, you can see a giant meteor passing by. It stops shaking the screen when it finishes passing by. This is unrelated to whether or not you have Nuketown.

I did actually notice that it happened when the meteor passed by. It's probably just for theatrical effect, but you can never be too sure with a Treyarch.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something hidden again like in the previous games but looking at this photo isn't that Town (but fully of more life)? On the left you have the church, on the far right that could be the bank and at the front is the Jug room.

Interesting find though.

Anyway, when I get back home I'm going to fiddle with the menu :D

Looking at this, and some other small bits of info found in coding, my guess is that each DLC will have a texture pack. Looking at this per-apocalyptic Town, and the undamaged bus driver skin, AND the texture for an untarnished bus, my guess is that the DLC will have a texture pack that allows the option to make the maps appear pre-apocalyptic. As a matter of fact I believe this full-heartedly.