New Step + Coding!

TubbiPack

I think that it's shit that you had to resort to posting the Game Coding.

This is far worse than posting leaked information. Take it somewhere else. How about posting it on the Activision BO2 Forums. Not here.

This Forum was built on finding in-game secrets & mystery hunts and to resort to posting the games coding, even though it isnt much, is against everything this community is established on.

Previous Mystery Hunts & Easter Eggs were figured out in less tham a week & now 3arc have given us something that is that hard to figure out, that we have no other choice than to go through the Games Coding. Bulls**t!

Remember what Richtofen says - "This is not a race, it is a Marathon" Maybe there is nothing more we can do until future DLC?

I just hope that the next step isn't solved because someone read the Games Coding.

I didn't read enough to find out you were polite people who didn't ruin my hunt for the EE, now I'm gunna rage post!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine overheated, waiting for cooldown

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 To Open

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 To Close

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 To Climb To the Roof

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 For Emergency Exit

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 To enter bunker

Press ^3[{+activate}]^7 to start the bus [Cost]

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 To go up

Hold ^3[{+activate}]^7 To go down

I thought that was pretty interesting. Originally you might have had to buy the bus. Or maybe it's talking about the "night-bus".

I think that it's shit that you had to resort to posting the Game Coding.

This is far worse than posting leaked information. Take it somewhere else. How about posting it on the Activision BO2 Forums. Not here.

This Forum was built on finding in-game secrets & mystery hunts and to resort to posting the games coding, even though it isnt much, is against everything this community is established on.

Previous Mystery Hunts & Easter Eggs were figured out in less tham a week & now 3arc have given us something that is that hard to figure out, that we have no other choice than to go through the Games Coding. Bulls**t!

Remember what Richtofen says - "This is not a race, it is a Marathon" Maybe there is nothing more we can do until future DLC?

I just hope that the next step isn't solved because someone read the Games Coding.

Glad at least one person here thought the same thing I did.

And I can't say the response makes me feel any better; "I'm not posting the full code and ruining things.... I'm just sending it to every single person who asks for it" As if that makes a difference.

This thread honestly just disgusts me.

Glad at least one person here thought the same thing I did.

And I can't say the response makes me feel any better; "I'm not posting the full code and ruining things.... I'm just sending it to every single person who asks for it" As if that makes a difference.

This thread honestly just disgusts me.

As im stuck in traffic might aswell reply, in all fairness, since w@w ive been a zombie vet, although i spent more time trying to disprove the legendary crop circles theories than posting my own, and even when i did post my finds people on youtube just took them from the official forums and claimed them as there own findings, but thats fine clearly.

I have the files with everything laid out before us, yes, am i keeping it to myself? No, im sharing it with the zombie community as ive always done and will continue to do.

Do i think its fair? Depends on what people do with it, however i want to know everything there is to know about zombies for myself, and this is and has always been the quickest way do get that information, im not posting it on youtube, im not giving away any spoilers

So could people please get off thier high horse and remember that in the past, myself and others have posted said coding that have benefited CodZ and the zombie community as a whole

I think viewing the code is wrong, especially when talking about the storyline and EE's and such.

I can see some people have only signed up to grab the coding. Everyone and their mother is going to post Youtube videos, write posts on this site and everywhere else, etc. And they're going to site the 'coding' as their official source. I mean, really?

The thing is, this is considered the 'official' zombies site by Treyarch. They would surely be displeased and pissed off if they saw that we were giving away the code on our site. It's not against the Code of Conduct, but maybe that needs change? Can't stop you posting and giving it out, but we can at least try to be rational here and not give out on this site.

What people dont realize is, that the txt file is not actual coding. Its a string file which contains placeholders for the game. These strings will be shown on the actual once they decide to use them. But its not a must to use them. Developer always put more strings than they actually use in the string file. As long we dont see any real coding, nobody can tell how the EE continues.

TBH, i would wait till someone actually find it by themself, not by going through the coding.

I think viewing the code is wrong, especially when talking about the storyline and EE's and such.

I can see some people have only signed up to grab the coding. Everyone and their mother is going to post Youtube videos, write posts on this site and everywhere else, etc. And they're going to site the 'coding' as their official source. I mean, really?

The thing is, this is considered the 'official' zombies site by Treyarch. They would surely be displeased and pissed off if they saw that we were giving away the code on our site. It's not against the Code of Conduct, but maybe that needs change? Can't stop you posting and giving it out, but we can at least try to be rational here and not give out on this site.

Really?? I have read a hundred garbage post here ,where a couple of Zombie addicts post and re-post about the EE. There are people here who literally post the same crap on each person's post or post just to post. I'm pretty new to posting here but I have watched for a few months. Attacking the OP because he's bright enough to get the info he wants, yet try with you entire community and yourself we have communally failed so far(use jet gun here yet, try looking there, anyone done this yet?). If you think that the people at Treyarch care what you do, you have VASTLY over estimated your value as a $60 customer. I don't know whats funnier your sad, death grip of your moral platitudes or the low self esteem that goes into believing Jimmy Z and Raz read or care about you.

• Administrators

Really?? I have read a hundred garbage post here ,where a couple of Zombie addicts post and re-post about the EE. There are people here who literally post the same crap on each person's post or post just to post. I'm pretty new to posting here but I have watched for a few months. Attacking the OP because he's bright enough to get the info he wants, yet try with you entire community and yourself we have communally failed so far(use jet gun here yet, try looking there, anyone done this yet?). If you think that the people at Treyarch care what you do, you have VASTLY over estimated your value as a $60 customer. I don't know whats funnier your sad, death grip of your moral platitudes or the low self esteem that goes into believing Jimmy Z and Raz read or care about you.

First of all, he was never attacking the OP. He simply stated that he disliked the idea of people posting up the in-game codes of the game to force any and all information into our eyes. That's called opinion of the matter which everyone is entitled to.

Second, we all use something called creativity. I'm sorry that looking at in-game codes to exploit certain actions is faaaaar more convenient than experimenting with what we're given. I totally forgot that this game inspires us not to work hard.

Lastly, where do you think you're going at with claiming that the Treyarch crew does not care about anyone in particular? A community is consisted of individuals who share the same ideals and interests, regardless whether they agree on particular matters or not. Didn't you know that this community - CodZ - is basically the reason why zombies is what it is today? Treyarch said so themselves. It starts with one person, then grows, and soon becomes a large community effort. Saying that they do not care about someone in particular is like saying you have no purpose in this world. In what position do you think you can go and call out someone like that? If anything, you're the only one that should be disregarded here. But I too am entitled to my opinions, and I believe that you only want to do good for the community, so I won't call you "nothing"; but you certainly aren't bringing anything to the table just yet.

Really?? I have read a hundred garbage post here ,where a couple of Zombie addicts post and re-post about the EE. There are people here who literally post the same crap on each person's post or post just to post. I'm pretty new to posting here but I have watched for a few months. Attacking the OP because he's bright enough to get the info he wants, yet try with you entire community and yourself we have communally failed so far(use jet gun here yet, try looking there, anyone done this yet?). If you think that the people at Treyarch care what you do, you have VASTLY over estimated your value as a $60 customer.

And clearly you didn't read my post properly.

I was never attacking the OP. But this site takes leaks seriously, so why should the coding for the whole game be any less? Glitches were never meant to exist, if they did, they were never meant to be found. Regardless, they're not really welcome here.

It's the exact same situation here with the coding. It was never meant to be found., unless Treyarch themselves wanted to give out. And they obviously haven't after 1 month.

I cannot stop people looking for what they want. But I don't think the source from something like this should come straight from CoDz.

I don't know whats funnier your sad, death grip of your moral platitudes or the low self esteem that goes into believing Jimmy Z and Raz read or care about you.

Coolio boy. I have a right to my opinion, and so do you. I just don't have to resort to personal attacks. But you think you have me all figured out, don't you?

Much love

PS. Dubz, I have no problems with you, or am conflicting with you. I'm just sharing my opinion here like everyone else. I don't like seeing the coding, especially after one month, but that's not my problem. It's that the site itself is a source where people can get it from. I just don't like that.

First off I apologize for my post seeming personal. I shouldn't have worded it that way. Maybe this is a less personal way. The guy handled the release of the info appropriately, its not the actual coding. But, mostly I was attacking the holier then thou attitude your post assumes. I do see a lot of garbage post here, that are super redundant. The other thing I'd like to point out is that at the end of the day its a job to Jimmy and those guys. Treyarch is managed by arguably the cruelest and most "effiecnt" gaming company in America. To me this idea that thse guys care ultimately is like saying George Lucas, really cares what Star Wars fans think. That's my opinion. Rissole25, I' am apologizing to you personally, because it wasn't meant to be personal. I tried to send you a more personal apology but, I'am blocked fairly so. I'm not an asshole in real life, I just write like one. Good luck

• Administrators

First off I apologize for my post seeming personal. I shouldn't have worded it that way. Maybe this is a less personal way. The guy handled the release of the info appropriately, its not the actual coding. But, mostly I was attacking the holier then thou attitude your post assumes. I do see a lot of garbage post here, that are super redundant. The other thing I'd like to point out is that at the end of the day its a job to Jimmy and those guys. Treyarch is managed by arguably the cruelest and most "effiecnt" gaming company in America. To me this idea that thse guys care ultimately is like saying George Lucas, really cares what Star Wars fans think. That's my opinion I' am apologizing to you personally, because it wasn't meant to be personal.

It's alright; I can see what you were trying to drive across. The codes being released, however, is still an issue and really shouldn't be on this particular board. I'm not saying that anyone is the devil for posting them, but it's frowned upon seeing as it's still considered a leak. As for Treyarch, I think they still care about us - their true, hardcore fans. They are on a limitation, yes; but they do try and pull every stop to see that we are satisfied and hungry for more zombies. That, I can assure you.

Treyarc's not dumb. They know full well that as soon as the PC version hits stores that someone somewhere is going to buy the game and jump right into deciphering the code.

If I was them I would fill it with so much disinformation mixed in that it would send the entire community who views the decoded file on the longest most drawn out worthless goose chase possible. It would be fun to watch them scrambling for answers and knowing that you put a bit of info in there specifically to waste their time would be entertaining. But hey I'm just a cruel person.

Now this is not saying that Treyarc would do things purposely to waste our time but.. oh wait.. lol Just saying that's what I would do.

The morality question is unanswerable in this circumstance. Is it right to decode the files? Is it wrong? No one can properly answer that. In the end it is a matter of opinion. Codz forums has to decide how they want to handle it. I will remind everyone that a lot of interesting information has come from this practice. Like the guy who explained how perk drops are calculated. (among many other things) I found that fascinating. Did it help me achieve anything? No. But understanding game mechanics is a positive thing in my opinion. That was brought out by decoding the source code.

Using the code to find the next step of the EE or something hidden that was meant to be found in game. Well it's a matter of opinion, I'm more of a purist when it comes to my own opinion on this and I would rather discover it in game so I will not be requesting the code. But I won't be asking for the guys head because he has offered it.

up, down, left, right, B, A, select, start - How many people have used this code before? It was ok back then.. 99 lives sweet ass! Well this guy isn't doing anything more than making it available and it obviously doesn't clearly give an answer or we'd already see the videos around. In the end like I said it's Codz admins and the players themselves who have to decide. Maybe they already have decided and realized it's pretty harmless and that's why this thread hasn't been locked and the ban hammer been exercised. Let's not point the morality finger at the code monkey, lets keep it pointed at the individuals who seek out the info. Personally I'd like to keep the code monkey on my side thanks. ;)

So after thinking about this for the whole day, I've come to realize I was hypocritical and I didn't even realize.

I compare this to glitches and leaks, but you know what else this can be compared too? Quotes.

Treyarch tried to hide them a lot better this time around, even going so far as to not give them proper names. But they were eventually found, and given out. Specifically to this site. And I had no quarrels with that, even though it's pretty much the same deal as the code.

I apologize for any inconvenice, and I take back what I said. It's unfair of me to judge the coding, whilst accepting the quotes. We could've easily scripted them and got them all ourselves, except for the cut quotes. Instead of taking the long road and doing the hard yards, we took the short route and opted for the quickest exit.

It's a grey area really. A fine line cannot be put into place because they are all so close to each other. This is making me bummed haha.

Again, apologies for any inconveniences.

PS. I would've wrote this a lot longer, but you know how iPods are.