Commitment furthers the EE?

itstheref

I'm constantly on other forums and Youtube trying to figure out new stuff for this easter egg and stumbled across a dope theory.

Jimmy Zielinski had a tweet about "Commitment"

https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy/stat ... 9865874432

One guy said he finished the Rictofen side of the EE about 8-9 days ago and NEVER did the Maxis side. He's played everyday since then and each day theres more and more lights and sounds. When he first did it there wasn't any he was really aware of in town etc.. So the theory goes as if you "commit" to one side long enough perhaps the story can progress.

Also NGTZombies posted a video minutes ago eluding to this as well and had the quote from the start of a game when it says "This is a marathon, not a sprint"

So perhaps you must play and stay commited to one side for a certain amount of days or times played?

It makes sense given the fact nobody has figured it out and most of the people who are trying really hard to have switched over from both sides over and over again. Thoughts?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched that vid and Spider has a good point.

I've been following him since the game launched and the past week he ha been trying to get the lights to show up in town but can't, and maybe it is because he keeps doing the EE to find the next step.

If people aren't watching his vids, I suggest you do, he's very informative and "comited" to the EE.

Can't wait to see what he dose when he starts seeing the lights and everything.

Tis is the topcomment on spiderbyte´s video:

cjzLvH3Cp_4

Now i got pretty excited when I saw this video... i´m not saying comittment isn´t the key cause i don´t see any of the lights yet and have just recently completet Richthofen... but this might be the next further step... bring four commitet (sry if i spell it wrong) players together in one tranzit game - two who did maxis and two who did richthofen and eventually you´ll get THIS as result and should try to interact with that glowing thing on the tower ... or just try anything, maybe even stuff we tried before and didn´t work yet. I think this really might be something BIG we´re on here, what do you think?

Tis is the topcomment on spiderbyte´s video:

cjzLvH3Cp_4

Now i got pretty excited when I saw this video... i´m not saying comittment isn´t the key cause i don´t see any of the lights yet and have just recently completet Richthofen... but this might be the next further step... bring four commitet (sry if i spell it wrong) players together in one tranzit game - two who did maxis and two who did richthofen and eventually you´ll get THIS as result and should try to interact with that glowing thing on the tower ... or just try anything, maybe even stuff we tried before and didn´t work yet. I think this really might be something BIG we´re on here, what do you think?

This got me thinking..... What if it WAS required to have two players do one side, and the other's do one side? It would make sense, really, as we already have the two factions similar to the Jackass Flats scenario. Don't believe me? Look at the character quotes! To put it simply, Misty likes Marlton, but hates Stuhlinger, who returns said affection. Now, if we look at Marlton, he likes Misty, but HATES Russman. Know who Russman likes? Yep. Samuel. Now naturally, Marlton is a man of science. Who is he going to follow more? Stuhlinger with the "voices" that only he can hear, or a voice that sounds like something electronic? That being said, WHAT IF the people who played Misty and Marlton completed Maxis's side, while Russman and Stuhlinger completed Richtofen's? It would be difficult as for the commitment thing, but it's worth a shot.

Tak, that is one heck of an idea! The problem I see is that you can't exactly control who gets what character. If you could though, it'd sure be interesting.

Also, a new thought to ponder. When crazy man is on the radio, he says "we're gonna destroy all electronics...starting with that evil radio box thing!" Think we can destroy all electronics with EMPs? Also, I believe the evil radio box thing is the Nav Card reader.

Thanks, and yes, that would be the one issue I have. It wouldn't surprise me if it were the case though. Sounds like something Treyarch would do. And destroying all the electronics with EMPs.... Interesting. Worth a shot at least. Nav card reader COULD be evil box thing. That would explain why it refuses all our navcards...

It's the only thing that makes sense. Evil radio box. Show me another radio box on the map.

Also, it may automatically recognize which side you've done. My friend and I have done Maxis' side only and everyone time it's just us two it gives us Stully and Russman. Maybe it's wanting us to do Rich's side with them.

Yes, O4 did play favorites. It wasn't strictly two sides. Everyone had a favorite, and everyone wanted to kill somebody. That's why these new characters struck me as odd. They have strictly two sides. Treyarch does everything they do for a reason. I doubt this will be the exception.

Now, as for Maxis not responding, I'm going under the whole "lesser of two evils" theory. They are pawns. As long as they accomplish his goal for the tower, he doesn't care. As another guess, the radio is one way. He can talk, but can't hear. Now, I hear you guys saying "Oh, well Tak! How does he know when we complete the steps?!" Simple. He speaks through the electronics, wherever they are. Think of him as a magical electrical surge. He requires the power off because the electricity interferes with the signal he is sending. Now, as for how he knows, everything in his EE (I think, correct me here if I'm wrong) has to do with electricity in some form. He has had this planned out for a long time, that much we know. Now, he detects what we have/have not done via the amount of electrical interference there is. For example, when he wants us to kill The Avogadro. Just a thought.

i TOTALLY agree with the idea but i dont mean to poke a hole in your theory but dont you need the power off to down maxis side, and cant do richtofens side with out the power? :?:

Precisely. Power goes off for Maxis because otherwise he can't communicate BECAUSE of the power. The power being on interferes with whatever he's sending, therefore disabling his ability to talk to us. That would be why he makes no attempt whatsoever to stop us while helping Richtofen; because the power is on.

Tak, that is one heck of an idea! The problem I see is that you can't exactly control who gets what character. If you could though, it'd sure be interesting.

Also, a new thought to ponder. When crazy man is on the radio, he says "we're gonna destroy all electronics...starting with that evil radio box thing!" Think we can destroy all electronics with EMPs? Also, I believe the evil radio box thing is the Nav Card reader.

WHAT CRAZY MAN? WHAT RADIO BOX THING?