Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

That has been what people have been thinking all along. However I remember people that achieved shotguns lost in the same day once they took 3-4 downs trying to get the Super Jugg or help friends get Fast revive.

I remember taking way more downs after getting shotguns with fewer kills and surprisingly still has the rank. I been playing lots of 3-4 player games and grief which has quite a lot of risk involved than playing a solo game with no QR to boost ones kd.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the shotguns back today, after a solo game of Die Rise round 53 with 3 downs. I've been raising my KD gradually after getting loads of downs when Die Rise first came out, I passed 200 a few weeks ago but that didn't do anything this time. Although I played a few public games, I played far more solo than last time. I also lost my blue eyes for the first time in months, a few days ago after taking a couple of days away from the ps3.

The funny thing is, although I was attempting to reach a high round of Die Rise it took me 4/5 attempts to get past round 5 :lol: , I was trying for as many knife kills as I could early on and I kept failing. I had perma jug at the beginning of that game, which helped but I didn't get it on purpose!

My stats after ranking up:

46792 kills

136704 bullets

190 downs (246 k/d)

433 revives

1228 grenade

8688 headshot

120 death

48092 gib

410 perk

484 door

303212 / 2.22 hit

579 mile

Just got the Knife emblem again.

Kills / 12634

Downs / 10

Headshots / 5659

Headshot % / 44%

Deaths / 6

Grenade Kills / 2279

Gibs / 17694

Accuracy / 3.14

Revives / 0

...again, I still believe Reviving has nothing to do with ranking up. I haven't bought Quick Revive or played multiplayer zombies for months now. And I keep ranking up easily. Just sayin'. Hope this helps.

Just got the Knife emblem again.

Kills / 12634

Downs / 10

Headshots / 5659

Headshot % / 44%

Deaths / 6

Grenade Kills / 2279

Gibs / 17694

Accuracy / 3.14

Revives / 0

...again, I still believe Reviving has nothing to do with ranking up. I haven't bought Quick Revive or played multiplayer zombies for months now. And I keep ranking up easily. Just sayin'. Hope this helps.

I'm still not sure about revives, when I got the knife in the past it was after a public match where I only got around 60-ish kills (I can't remember the number but it is in this thread somewhere) but I got 5 revives. My k/d took a sizable dip (it was one of my first non solo games after a great start like you) but I still ranked up.

Maybe it depends on what games you play, as for instance if there were 2 equally great players, who always play at the same time but one only played solo and the other only public matches, you would expect the solo player to have a much higher k/d, but fewer/no revives. Would that be fair on the player who only plays with randoms, getting loads of revives then dying at an early round because of their teammates lack of skill, to be ranked lower than a player who has full control of the game, access to any weapon and ability to pause when needed? I think part of the ranking criteria is dependant on what games you play, and if you play a lot of solo,then revives wouldn't count as much (if at all, seeing as getting revives in solo only come after a down anyway.)

I never buy it in solo either, and that was a big factor in how I ranked up. If i didnt keep going for round 40 or 50 in solo I would have been on the knife forever. I must admit, I did play a couple of split screen games with a dummy 2nd account just to boost my revives, over 100 each time and both times my rank didn't change. Plus my k/d to get shotguns was higher this time then it was before my stats were reset, yet I got the knife at a lower k/d! So, essentially I don't have a clue!

I might try ranking up the dummy 2nd account - it has like 4500 kills and over 500 downs - it will probably take a LOONNGG time but as there is nothing to aim for after getting shotguns other than not losing them I may as well give it a go.

Though I dont know exact numebrs I got knives around 78 k/d. The next day I played a split screen game with my son on live. I had 1000 kills 1 down 23 revives, and he had 19 kills and 24 down (he is 4 lol) Didnt play anymore that day besides that one game and I lost the knives. His stats did not count on my numbers. I have been playing for the past three days and my k/d keeps rising but still no knives again so I am 100% sure the k/d is the whole picture. I did have some horrible games recently though so I dont really deserve knives right now lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Got shotguns finally. Been keeping track of my stats from the beginning, and have had knife rank a few times now. My stats got corrupted the day Die Rise came out, then activision reset my stats two more times instead of restoring them.

Anyway, I've been waiting for the shotguns emblem to show up anytime now, since my kills vs downs ratio this time is stupidly high, (1258.89) so the only thing that stands out is the amount of headshots. The game i got the shotguns i went over the 10,000 mark. Can anyone else confirm that others had atleast 10,000 headshots before getting the shotgun rank? And again, this shows you dont need revives to rank up. I havent played one multiplayer game, all solo online. Hope this info helps.

I know this thread isn't too active anymore but i remember reading a few pages back on this thread about not being active could derank you. The entire month of March i did not play BO2 and when i logged on i was still shotgun rank so if that was happening in the past it isn't anymore. One more thing i noticed is the 1st night i played i had gotten 2 tallies which i thought was odd since i remember them being a sign of how many consecutive days you have played 5being the blue eyes.

Hi guys,

might need some help from som pro´s :D

i want the shotguns! currently im skull w dagger

my stats:

Kills 45545

Downs 134

Headshots 1027

Deaths 108

Perks 202

Doors 268

Accuracy 0.94

Miles 192

Gibs 59445

Grenade kills 754

Revives 39

im mostly play die rise solo (this is my steam account, bone-e-fatius). thought i would rank up when i get blue eyes. i did today but nothing happens.

what should i improve? headshots? revives? accuracy? my k/d ratio should be ok...

greets

paul

Hi guys,

might need some help from som pro´s :D

i want the shotguns! currently im skull w dagger

my stats:

Kills 45545

Downs 134

Headshots 1027

Deaths 108

Perks 202

Doors 268

Accuracy 0.94

Miles 192

Gibs 59445

Grenade kills 754

Revives 39

im mostly play die rise solo (this is my steam account, bone-e-fatius). thought i would rank up when i get blue eyes. i did today but nothing happens.

what should i improve? headshots? revives? accuracy? my k/d ratio should be ok...

greets

paul

You have excellent k/d. Don't know why you don't have shotties.

I play mostly 4 player games. My highest ever k/d was 260 when I got shotguns and currently It is close to 160. I have never lost shotguns yet even after a month of pretty careless downs. May be my revives, kills and other stats like Headshots per game are being accounted. Team play can be useful in raising the rank. Try doing some high round co-op games.

thanks! unfortunately i cant because i only play at work with that account. you know, nightshifts can be sooo f***ing boring :D and if there is a problem with the system i have to fix it so i have to leave...

i must say, i played only die rise yet (solo round 70), nothing else with this account. maybe i should play some nuketown or tranzit to rank up or change my strat to get more headshots and grenade kills. dont know really

greets

paul

Can someone help me figure out why I can't rank up, at all? I have 18,000 kills, 48 downs yet I'm stuck on the first rank (single bone). I called customer support and they said there is nothing wrong with my account, which seems odd. Could it have something to do with the fact that I have multiple accounts on one xbox?

Any help is appreciated.

Can someone help me figure out why I can't rank up, at all? I have 18,000 kills, 48 downs yet I'm stuck on the first rank (single bone). I called customer support and they said there is nothing wrong with my account, which seems odd. Could it have something to do with the fact that I have multiple accounts on one xbox?

Any help is appreciated.

I hate to ask but did you ever reset your stats or were they stats ever corrupted?

If not you must rank up pretty much the same day. Something is messed up.

Kills: 102.870

Downs: 1270 :(

k/d: 81%

Highest round in solo or co-op: 52

Emblem or Rank: Skull with blue eyes & Five stripes

I know my KD ratio isn't that good but I've got alot of friends

with only 55% K/d & they got the knife symbol already =/

Should I just continue doing training & making headshots & stuff? & Keep

downs as low as possible ?

( I got most of my downs with the beginning of tranzit & die rise >_

Any help is appreciated.

I hate to ask but did you ever reset your stats or were they stats ever corrupted?

I have not reset my stats and they haven't been corrupted that I know of. I made the account 3 or 4 weeks ago and have been playing daily.

102,870/1270 = 81

Try and get past 100. I am sure you will rank up. As you said keep those headshots and revives coming. Team games are best in leveling up in my experience. Also surviving till the end and clutching the game adds up to rank.

All the best.

Any help is appreciated.

I have not reset my stats and they haven't been corrupted that I know of. I made the account 3 or 4 weeks ago and have been playing daily.

@CoasterLady I really don't know what to say. It might be glitched out. I played on 3-4 different accounts so far on different consoles and each time I ranked up the same day with just a few kills.

• Administrators

Over 300.0 K/D...golly, you should've obtained something by now.

If you just got the high K/D mark, the system may take a day or two to actually register a different rank for you. I know that it took well over three weeks to get my blue eyes, yet I already played five consecutive days of Zombies way back then. Some people also believe that there is a certain limit you must reach in every other statistic such as revives.

102,870/1270 = 81

Try and get past 100. I am sure you will rank up. As you said keep those headshots and revives coming. Team games are best in leveling up in my experience. Also surviving till the end and clutching the game adds up to rank.

All the best.

Thanks ! appreciated for your response !