Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

anybody have any evidence of wht type of k/d approximately is neccessary for skull and knife? just curious. keep hearing 200 aprox for shottys but haven't heard anything for knife. finally 2 months in, i'm getting a chance to dive into the zombies a little more extensively

General consensus is I believe 70. Although it happens at different times for everyone and there's no set spot where you rank up.

That's kill/down too btw, not kill/death.

i think the kill/dwn percentage will depend on time played, i got my skull and knify at 60k/d with 13,000+ minutes, got a friend on who got shotties at 120k/d, so im pretty sure it depends on time spent.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might take me a bit longer mate, I get at best 2 hours per day, and at least 1/2 the time I'm on it's co-op. I was interested to see if there were any time restrictions, but just don't have the time to dedicate like a week of hardcore play :(

I know I can boost my KD really high, can probably get it close to 1,000 if I really put the effort in. Just not sure if time overrides this anyway, as Julpr mentioned above.

Hey Chopper. I did something like this on ps3. Within 24 hours I reached Skull. I had 10 downs and about 6000 kills including a round 50 on TranZit solo. I am pretty sure within a week I would have achieved shotguns at that pace. Unfortunately I only borrowed the game for 2 days.

I really would like to do this multiple times to test the weights of different stats, unfortunently I'm on xbox :cry: ....and i'm cheap :P

Kills: 63474

Downs: 739

K/D: 85

Highest round: 39 4p

Just ranked up 2nite. Been playing pretty bad the past few days my kdr used to be over 100. In my last match i had a lil over 600 kills and 6 downs (39 revives) at 26 then quit because a friend had to go. Afterwards i noticed i ranked up to knife. Would also like to mention ive never ranked past skull before tonight. This leads me to belive revives have some part (1022 total) and if you leave a match it still counts toward rank

\ This leads me to belive revives have some part (1022 total) and if you leave a match it still counts toward rank

This is an interesting point - can you gain the higher emblems playing only solo?

I will attempt to test this by getting 50,000 or so kills in solo before doing any kind of coop game play.

im assuming you still would rank up. i didnt really pay attention when i started but i did play alot of solo. and i also started running with refibrillator's every chance i got for the past few weeks so my revives have shot up tremendously while my kd has dropped over the past week. nuketown with randoms >.

\ This leads me to belive revives have some part (1022 total) and if you leave a match it still counts toward rank

This is an interesting point - can you gain the higher emblems playing only solo?

I will attempt to test this by getting 50,000 or so kills in solo before doing any kind of coop game play.

Lots of Solo players I know got their shotguns just by playing solo eg: PerfectLemonade, Downrun. Its more about k/d than anything else.

im assuming you still would rank up. i didnt really pay attention when i started but i did play alot of solo. and i also started running with refibrillator's every chance i got for the past few weeks so my revives have shot up tremendously while my kd has dropped over the past week. nuketown with randoms >.

I am afraid revives don't have too much to do with Ranking, Lots of people have boosted just to get those to see if they can rank up. A friend of mine and I have over 1000+ revives. He even has 2:1 revive to down ratio and over 150k kills out of which 60% were head shots!! I think once you go over a number of downs it is hard to recover from it.

So to keep it short "Avoid those downs." Everything else can be improved over time and changed except those :) Yea this system sucks.

Downs are a pretty stupid barometer in some aspects.....anyone who does challenges of any kind will take a lot of downs.

Agreed. That's why the ranking system sucks. It would be hard to keep the highest rank like someone said before because of the fear of losing it if you have too many downs. ALmost all the people I know from my friends list (about 30) lost their shotguns simply because they play too many challenges and grief (No magic). There should have been a way to not count Custom games but whatever **** it.

I think the ranking system goes mainly by kdr but i have someone on my friends list that has BAD kdr i mean bad(like less than a 1.0) but he has a buttload of revives and has shotguns which boggled my mind compared(roughly 4.0) to my stats so i'm sure other stats matter just not as much as kdr does. I earned my shotguns in about a week n a half after getting the game by playing almost exclusively on solo so i'm not too sure about time played. I'm sure everything i just said has been posted somewhere here before but just incase it hasn't i though id post.

Stats are following

Kills - 37081

Downs - 262

KDR - 141

Accuracy - 208%

Headshots - 24%

Revives - 282

Doors - 242

Perks - 384

Grenade Kills - 2550

Traveled Miles - 542

Minutes Played - 4456

Rounds -

Green Run

Solo - 50

4 Player - 30

Farm

Solo - 31

4 Player - 22

Town

Solo - 42

2 Player - 28

4 Player - 27

Bus Depot

Solo - 23

Nuketown

Solo - 27

Rank - Skull With Knife

Aiming for shottys so going to keep trying to get high rounds with minimum downs.

Pretty sure its all kill to down. Other things help but ultimately dont determine it. The one guy im friends with who has shotguns has about a 175 k/d ratio. He barely played any survival, and is 32-29 in grief town, which is his most active gameplay.

I also am friends with a guy who is ranked 18th in grief farm, only has the skull. I figured his ratio out and its 33. He has a massive amount of downs, probably most from when he began playing.

Ive been playing only grief recently cos i can usually finish with no downs. So youre basically feeding your k/d ratio. Ive got mine up from 77 to about 82 playing a handful of games. Created a second account to try shotguns with but im not that into playing hardcore to get it. Time will tell!

That's ridiculous. If you have a lot of downs, it may mean you're bad, but it may also mean you're a team player. I can't tell you how many downs I've gotten through sacrificing myself for the team, especially in Grief. I think I'll instead shoot for a high Down ranking, rather than some stupid emblem.

And now that we having a new map Die Rize, we have to decide...

Do we wanna adventure on the map not knowing wheres Jug, where to train/camp,(that's how i like it!) or

Should we wait for someone else do the dirty job and educate us how the new mechanics and strategy's work?

... the first one will affect negatively our k/d and this rank system has affect negatively how we enjoy playing zombies, and the attitude how we approach the game play itself.

That's ridiculous. If you have a lot of downs, it may mean you're bad, but it may also mean you're a team player. I can't tell you how many downs I've gotten through sacrificing myself for the team, especially in Grief. I think I'll instead shoot for a high Down ranking, rather than some stupid emblem.

Do we wanna adventure on the map not knowing wheres Jug, where to train/camp,(that's how i like it!) or

Should we wait for someone else do the dirty job and educate us how the new mechanics and strategy's work?

... the first one will affect negatively our k/d and this rank system has affect negatively how we enjoy playing zombies, and the attitude how we approach the game play itself.

Well said.

Sorry guys but if the ranking system really affects in a negative way your enjoyment of zombies you probably need to get out more, or at least try a different game.

If not then I say get of your arse and do it yourselves, rather than rely on someone else to spoon feed it to you.

You won't get a lot of downs if you pay attention and play smart, its a simple set of mind. Sure you still have to be a team player, just make sure your smart about your surroundings and you'll be able to explore without deranking. Hell, i did both Tower of Babbles and maybe got downed 4 times, just gotta stay focused man. 8-)

I just want to start by saying: Yay, look at my proper forum etiquette of not creating a new thread ^-^.

Secondly, I have recent stats of having just obtained the dagger as well as stats of my friends who have daggers. After looking at the stats I cam to the conclusion that the ranking system may not be as broken as we think.

Most people say that it will discourage exploring in the later maps because people will be protecting their K/D. However, I believe that the game factors in more of your recent games than anything.

My initial thought was "if I was really bad when I started, how could I ever get (ranking wise) 'better'"

A bad K/D shouldn't curse you forever and force you to get a new account in order to get a ranking more reflective of your skill.

Over the past few games I've been getting more consistent with my high rounds, however due to my excessive playing I was only able to raise my K/Do from 87.5 to 89.9.(K/De @ 135 to 141)

Now that doesn't seem like a mile stone to me.

However if I factor in the K/Do if the time in between it is 3101 kills, 18 downs and 7 deaths. For a K/Do and K/De of 172 and 443. Now that to me seems like a marked improvement. If you factor in even more of my recent games I believe I may be lower than that but still above a certain milestone (100? 150?)

To add to this, I have a friend with a 34 K/Do with a dagger. Stats are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... Dlka19CM1E

• Administrators

The statistics should be determined just as you said. The ranking system is indeed not broken; it's just really confusing since there are so many factors to consider yet we heavily really on only two aspects. But you're right - staying consistent is the only way to rank up. A good zombie player will be careful of how well they perform in a match, but a great zombie player will enjoy the game while navigating through the match to reach higher rounds without paying much heed to the numbers but rather the gameplay itself. You can't go wrong if you put your best foot forward in every game. You just might be surprised how well the hard work pays off.

Having a skull & knife emblem is all that bad, considering a majority of zombie players are still stuck at ranks below that one. In all honesty, emblems mean absolutely nothing when it comes to gaming. Sure, anyone can walk around carrying a badge that showcases higher prestige. But if you can't play to match the badge, you're as good as the split-screeners who join a lobby and never ready up (oh yeah - I went there). Personally, I let the end game results and high round do the talking - win/loss ratio for Grief.

The statistics should be determined just as you said. The ranking system is indeed not broken; it's just really confusing since there are so many factors to consider yet we heavily really on only two aspects. But you're right - staying consistent is the only way to rank up. A good zombie player will be careful of how well they perform in a match, but a great zombie player will enjoy the game while navigating through the match to reach higher rounds without paying much heed to the numbers but rather the gameplay itself. You can't go wrong if you put your best foot forward in every game. You just might be surprised how well the hard work pays off.

Having a skull & knife emblem is all that bad, considering a majority of zombie players are still stuck at ranks below that one. In all honesty, emblems mean absolutely nothing when it comes to gaming. Sure, anyone can walk around carrying a badge that showcases higher prestige. But if you can't play to match the badge, you're as good as the split-screeners who join a lobby and never ready up (oh yeah - I went there). Personally, I let the end game results and high round do the talking - win/loss ratio for Grief.

Remember that post a few pages back where i was talking about a formula? Well you just struck gold on the basic aspect of that formula. That is one reason why i cant properly write it down for people to understand. The way its arraigned is of sorts i have never seen before myself!

Aight I apoloize for posting this rather late as this thread has been consistent for some time and I understand many theories have been posted and analyzed and debunked...nut how exactley does one rank up...I have a 250 k/d along with varying other high stats and all my maps have a round of 30+...is it simply having to play 5-10 games in one day with a certain k/d within each game before 7 o'clock easter time... or do I simply need to continue raising my k/d...though after having read that people have achieved it at 140-170 k/d with relativley low top rounds I'm relativley confused...

Thank you for any help...

• Administrators

You need to continuously raise your K/D ratio throughout all your games. The way the system is set up, there is a separate ratio you must meet. But that's not important; in most of your matches, you need to keep high amount of kills with as few downs as possible. In this case, you could easily play a few matches with at least a thousand kills and one/two downs and hit Shotguns. So keep playing great matches and keep track of your statistics in the lobby. (Make sure to focus on the other factors, such as headshots/revives/accuracy).

It's a very wacky system, but honestly, you can have a better time playing for fun rather than focusing entirely on your rank. Play Solo Survival if you're serious about hitting a high rank; if you're more multiplayer-oriented, I'd suggest Survival on Farm or Town.