Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

After a tedious month of grinding for my Shotgun rank, i FINALLY got them today

Sorry dude this is not aimed at you, but this is how they are ruining zombies.

Only ruins the game for the people who care enough about an emblem to grind out a fake k/d and make the game not fun for themselves. The funniest part is, what happens after they get shotties? Well they can't start playing normally now, they'll get demoted. Nope more grinding, to keep their k/d up.

Personally, I couldn't care less, I play the game how I would normally play and most importantly I have fun. Skull w/ dagger is where I'm at and where I shall stay (unless I go down :P ) and I'm fine with that.

This game is awesome, and I'm not going to ruin it for something as artificial as an emblem by my name.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a tedious month of grinding for my Shotgun rank, i FINALLY got them today

Only ruins the game for the people who care enough about an emblem to grind out a fake k/d and make the game not fun for themselves. The funniest part is, what happens after they get shotties? Well they can't start playing normally now, they'll get demoted. Nope more grinding, to keep their k/d up.

Personally, I couldn't care less, I play the game how I would normally play and most importantly I have fun. Skull w/ dagger is where I'm at and where I shall stay (unless I go down :P ) and I'm fine with that.

This game is awesome, and I'm not going to ruin it for something as artificial as an emblem by my name.

What are you trying to say i/m bad at the game or something? Me going for the rank was a challenge, like most gamers want...Don't try and say my K/D is fake when i play strictly online and have never cheated/hacked/glitched etc... Don't make a post so dumb kid trying to say our K/D's are fake, maybe we can actually go into an online game with randoms and still do good? Your a goof

What are you trying to say i/m bad at the game or something? Me going for the rank was a challenge, like most gamers want...Don't try and say my K/D is fake when i play strictly online and have never cheated/hacked/glitched etc... Don't make a post so dumb kid trying to say our K/D's are fake, maybe we can actually go into an online game with randoms and still do good? Your a goof

Lol okay you are free to take that statement anyway you want. You said you did a month of tedious grinding to get that emblem not me. That in itself implies you were playing in a way that differed from your normal playstyle and in a way that was more boring (ie tedious) then normal. This "grinding" was obviously to boost your k/d to the shotty level. So instead of fake, lets say boosted? enhanced? not-your-normal-run-of-the-mill-k/d? You choose.

Did I say you or anyone who grinds their k/d to get shotties is bad at the game? No. If I wanted shotties I'd have to do the same exact thing and I don't consider myself bad at the game.

If you actually took the time to read and understand my post, I was simply saying that the ranking system only takes away from the game if you let it; in reference to Chopper's quote. You obviously wanted shotguns as a goal, you got that goal. Congrats I hope it was worth the month of tedium that it cost.

I on the other hand play for fun, and have fun playing. Sure seeing shotties by my name would be cool, but I'm not about to go out of my way to achieve them. Especially if this would make game less fun for me. They will either come naturally or not.

Grinding as in working hard to get them, grinding in my books means trying your hardest, (Grinders in hockey for ex.) I didn't say anything of me doing anything out of he ordinary zombies. Notice how i got my rank after a round 36 run? Oh yeah sorry i guess thats considered playing out of the ordinary, you tried to take words out of my mouth by saying i got my rank by playing the game a certain way, i played i just like you, for fun, but while playing it for fun i managed to get my goal.

Finally got my skull and knify, got it at 60k/d to my surprise, i was trying to aim to 70k/d wich is the lowest i have seen in others. To do it sadly had to play solo (wich i dont like )and aim at 600+ kills per down after week and a half did it

Got a friend who surpass all my stats but has less time played and has 70k/d and still at skull

I think the ratio needed for next emblem will depend on time played

Im thinking aiming at shooties but to do it, i think i need to play 1600 kills 2 downs daily for the next 35 days to put my k/d at 120 cause saw someone on my list with this and shotties so maybe i could get the shotties at this k/d too , is it worth the hassle and boredom, not sure i dont think so ,

dont get me wrong love zombies

but i have fkt my k/d playing with randoms on tranzit and the first days on die rise will also afect my k/d negatively

So the decision is.. should i play solo for the k/d and emblem? or should i continue playing for fun forget about my stats

• Administrators

So the decision is.. should i play solo for the k/d and emblem? or should i continue playing for fun forget about my stats

I'd strongly suggest you play for the fun of slaying zombies. Believe me - shotguns may look very impressive, but they are incredibly easy to lose. Once you get them, you'll begin to be paranoid of your K/D ratio, causing you to become obsessed with numbers than actually gameplay.

If you play for the fun of zombies, I guarantee you that emblems will not matter. For instance, I play a decent amount of Grief, and I actually use many tactics that involve downing myself for the sake of the game. By the end of the match, I may have the most downs out of everyone in the game combined because of them, but at least I finish carrying out another win for the books. Even if I don't get as many downs, I still carry a skull w/ knife emblem. That in turn is still quite impressive for the most part.

It's really up to you on which path you'd rather have - drill yourself into becoming an obsessive player that only cares for stats and emblems, or enjoy the concept of killing some freaksacks and winning matches against other "skilled" players. The choice is yours, friendo.

Hey Shuga, I hope you didn't take offense to what I said as it wasn't intended.

I will be honest, I am considering starting a ChopperShadow account just to mess around with my emblems and then with randoms in future lobbies.

You see I play a lot of challenges, take a lot of downs etc.

When I play solo, I'm still attempting various challenges and so get more downs.

On the odd occasion I do go for a high run, it never feels as fun as playing the challenges. I did all my 40s/50s in the first week of the game, most on local and have not fancied even attempting any of them again.

Easiest way to grind would be to play farm solo, you can get to 40 in less than 90 minutes, so around a 2000 KD each game. Doing that over and over would be grinding.

Playing multiple coop games however doesn't seem like grinding to me. A bit tougher, and a bit longer to get there with more potential for a load of sudden deaths to destroy your KD.

You did happen to say that you had a 'tedious' grind, so I think that's why people are saying what they have been.

I do know of a few players who have had the shotties - Steve and his brother both got them, and I do know they had a shit load of messages from randoms just because of the emblems. I wouldn't play with someone in a serious game with the shotties though. Just get a feeling that if shit hit the fan they would protect their KD rather than help you out.

That's not to say that some of the randoms out there wouldn't be normal, very good players. Just a very small percentage :)

I'd like to point out something that occurred to me a few days back.

So I'd taken a break, so I was on 1 strike. Did a 36 on Green Run, and I of course got the 2nd strike.

The next day I only played MP. No zombies. So I should only have 1 strike. But I didn't.

I played Zombies the following day, surprised to see 2 strikes. At the end of the day, I was still 2 strikes (the emblem update time had already been, so I should've been 3).

I can only think it glitched out, in that when it was meant to be 1 strike, it truly was, but it showed 2. So the next day when it supposedly stayed at 2, it really updated to 2 from 1,

Kills: 72024

Downs: 465

K/D: 154

Accuracy: 1.41

Highest round: 44 (4 player Nuketown)

Emblem: Duel Shotties.

I got my rank after playing a game of solo on Town. I DC'd at round 18 with about 600 kills and 0 downs, I reconnected to xbox live and I had the shotguns. My KD at the time was something like 67k kills and 425 downs, or 157K/D. I had 4 tallies when I made the transition.

I got my rank after playing a game of solo on Town. I DC'd at round 18 with about 600 kills and 0 downs, I reconnected to xbox live and I had the shotguns. My KD at the time was something like 67k kills and 425 downs, or 157K/D. I had 4 tallies when I made the transition.

Accuracy 1.41 o_O'

Isn't 1 like the max?

Accuracy 1.41 o_O'

Isn't 1 like the max?

Come on now... Your not serious?

Accuracy 1.41 o_O'

Isn't 1 like the max?

Hitting multiple zombies with each bullet causes this Matuzz. I agree that it is flawed. Being a math nerd it makes me want to puke when I see stats like that.

After feeling complete with Green Run, I have started to focus on my rank until Die Rise comes out. I am currently on the Skull, my goal being to get the Skull/Knife. Not too worried about the Shotguns.

I have just hit an almost exact 70 K/D. When did everybody else get their Skull/Knife?

After feeling complete with Green Run, I have started to focus on my rank until Die Rise comes out. I am currently on the Skull, my goal being to get the Skull/Knife. Not too worried about the Shotguns.

I have just hit an almost exact 70 K/D. When did everybody else get their Skull/Knife?

I will be honest, I am considering starting a ChopperShadow account just to mess around with my emblems and then with randoms in future lobbies.

When I play solo, I'm still attempting various challenges and so get more downs.

On the odd occasion I do go for a high run, it never feels as fun as playing the challenges. I did all my 40s/50s in the first week of the game, most on local and have not fancied even attempting any of them again.

Easiest way to grind would be to play farm solo, you can get to 40 in less than 90 minutes, so around a 2000 KD each game. Doing that over and over would be grinding.

Playing multiple coop games however doesn't seem like grinding to me. A bit tougher, and a bit longer to get there with more potential for a load of sudden deaths to destroy your KD.

You did happen to say that you had a 'tedious' grind, so I think that's why people are saying what they have been.

I do know of a few players who have had the shotties - Steve and his brother both got them, and I do know they had a shit load of messages from randoms just because of the emblems. I wouldn't play with someone in a serious game with the shotties though. Just get a feeling that if shit hit the fan they would protect their KD rather than help you out.

That's not to say that some of the randoms out there wouldn't be normal, very good players. Just a very small percentage :)

I didn't take anything seriously, just when people take words out of your mouth and accuse you of expoiting the game it tends to get annoying, and for the statement about playing with people who have shotguns, you can;t accuse everyone with the max rank of being a K/D whore, i play the game like its supposed to be played, when i play grief i am the one with the most revives (Mostly), the fact that people accuse someone of being selfish or a cheater/hacker/exploiter when they have max rank, is just stupid and highlights jealousy tremendously. I would like to know how you get to round 40 in less than 90 minutes though :shock:

I agree with not wanting to be worried about stats over having fun. I have only played with one person with shotguns, and my buddy and I were in survival with him on Farm. This guy was probably pretty rare. He always revived me or my friend and when he went down...well the game was over. He ended with over 1000 kills and a down but it was impressive.

I personally think someone took the 'grinding' comment out of context. I understand what suga meant by grinding. I created a second account on PS3 to try for shotguns and my regular account with the skull/knife I play regularly.

I'm still in the top 1500 in the world on revives. I just can't play and NOT revive people. I don't love playing solo so why would I want to play multiplayer and let everyone die.

Would be using spawn control in the barn.

I have never done it myself, but some friends have. Not for grinding either - one did 51 no QR, ended on 59. The other is possibly still in game - on Saturday night they were pausing for the evening on 52 with a goal of 70.

You pretty much don't leave for the first 20-25 rounds, staying initially with the MP5 and eventually using the ray, hamr and monkeys. Drops come at the start of it seems almost every round, and so the first 25 can all be done in less than 2 minutes. Liberal use of monkeys helps more with this, and obviously a bit of luck with the drops helps.

Past 20-25 it's a case of starting in the barn to force the spawns all inside, leaving, hoarding, returning, killing, repeating.

1 hour 23 minutes to get to middle of 38. First time trying this strategy and lost all my QRs, 1st on 29, 33, then 2 on 38. All downs cost a little bit of time.

I was too cautious in the early rounds and didn't get my monkeys until 20ish, and it took a lot of waiting at the box to get them.

If you manage to get monkeys first, and ray gun plus hamr by say 15 you can get to 40 in around 70-80 minutes I would estimate :)

I hadn't needed to use the box at all until the end of 37, and I messed up and ended the round by accident, causing both my downs.

Would be using spawn control in the barn.

I have never done it myself, but some friends have. Not for grinding either - one did 51 no QR, ended on 59. The other is possibly still in game - on Saturday night they were pausing for the evening on 52 with a goal of 70.

You pretty much don't leave for the first 20-25 rounds, staying initially with the MP5 and eventually using the ray, hamr and monkeys. Drops come at the start of it seems almost every round, and so the first 25 can all be done in less than 2 minutes. Liberal use of monkeys helps more with this, and obviously a bit of luck with the drops helps.

Past 20-25 it's a case of starting in the barn to force the spawns all inside, leaving, hoarding, returning, killing, repeating.

Chopper you seem like you know whats up, add me if you want, ShugarTitt

anybody have any evidence of wht type of k/d approximately is neccessary for skull and knife? just curious. keep hearing 200 aprox for shottys but haven't heard anything for knife. finally 2 months in, i'm getting a chance to dive into the zombies a little more extensively

General consensus is I believe 70. Although it happens at different times for everyone and there's no set spot where you rank up.

That's kill/down too btw, not kill/death.

I'm doing a road to commander style series on a clean account.

So far 4,000 kills and 10 downs. Have crossed bones atm. Highest round is 38 on Farm. All kills so far on Farm.

Will be uploading the series at some point, as I work out exactly how I'm going to do it. I know my KD will stay above 400 the entire time. 1/2 the deaths I got so far were testing stuff so should be pretty limited now.

Shugar - I don't play enough to add you mate. The few times I do play I always have a full lobby waiting for me on Live :)

Hey Chopper. I did something like this on ps3. Within 24 hours I reached Skull. I had 10 downs and about 6000 kills including a round 50 on TranZit solo. I am pretty sure within a week I would have achieved shotguns at that pace. Unfortunately I only borrowed the game for 2 days.