Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

Just gonna add this 'cuz i dont see many people mentioning it. STOP BUYING QUICK REVIVE.

You will rank up much quicker. And become a better player in the process.

And if you REALLY can't stand being at the same rank for eternity...

Get a ton of kills (anything over 100kills every game) and LEAVE GAME. I know its cheap, but it works. (I dont use this method)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im going to only post once in this thread so everyone will stop bickerng on about Rank Improvements.

1. ALL STATS MATTER!!!!!

A) Even though Each and every stat is a factor in the equation of rank, there is a BALANCE put into place so people dont Easily LOSE their ranks.

B) Some stats are lets say given a WEIGHT that they hold when factored in, to determin a players rank. This WEIGHT has 2 factors of its own. Two stats can have the same Weight in the equation in order to create a balanced figure. OR Stats that have similarities to each other are given "WEIGHT" of extreme opposite value, which in turn when added together they become a balanced number to relate to other stats that are balanced to begin with.

EXAMPLE:(this is NOT translated code. this is my personal example of the statement above)

Balanced Stats = Kills, Miles traveled, Doors opened, Perks Drank, Gibs, Average Rounds Survived, and Damage taken

Similar Stats : (given in the forum of relationship to each)

Kills/Headshots ; Kills/Downs ; Kills/Deaths ; Kills/Grenadekill ; Downs/Revive ; Deaths/Revive ; Kills/Bullets Fired ; Kills/Bullets Hit ; BulletsHit/BulletsFIRED ; BulletsFired/Headshots ; BulletsHIT/Headshots ; Gibs/Headshots ; then to non the lease all of each in relation ship to rounds survived.

As you can see this ranking system is VERY complex and the forumla for determining your rank is VERY LONG, and VERY COMPLEX in nature. From what i have seen and studied of this forumla i can Guarentee this.

If you want your shotgun rank you must adjust your style of play to relate to these stats.

Number of Kills does not matter in the form of Exact AMOUNT. But only when you use this in a ratio with other stats.

~100,000 kills with no more then ~400 downs and ~250 Deaths, in addition a 60% HeadShot amount HELPS. IF you have a low Headshot ratio, then grenade kills are factored into the equation to 1) make up for the missing headshots or 2) see if your bullets Hit is > Bullets Fired.

The above is an example based in the factor of 100` and should on average determin a person with the rank of shot guns.

There are a few stats inwhich some people ignore when trying to figure out why they dont have the rank they THINK they should have.

1)Deaths, yes downs matter more then deaths, but deaths still pull a great amount of weight in the equation.

2)Perks Drank, This is an odd one. IT seems you can receive a high rank in the leaderboards for drinking a large amount of perks. In my eyes a person that had more perks drank = a person who goes down more OR plays a lot of grief without downs. OR just plays a lot of games in a short amount of time, which in turn relates to Deaths.

So out of all of the stats "Perks Drank" is the MOST BALANCED WEIGHT.

3)Bullets Hit > Bullets Fired

4)Gibs has a relationship with headshots. A headshot is considered a GIB.

5)Why are Knife/Knuckle kills missing in this equation? Knife/Knuckle kills are just as hard to receive as Grenade kills imo.

6)DO NOT BUY QUCK REVIVE ON SOLO!!!!!!!

7)CUSTOM GAMES!!!!! DO NOT EVER PLAY ON EASY!!!!!!!!

To sum this all up, play zombies as beast as you can and DEFIANTLY AVOID GOING DOWN.

If you avoid going down, it is guaranteed your other stats will ALWAYS increase for the greater good, which in turn makes your rank increase. STAY CONSISTENT!

The easiest way to get your shotguns is continuously play solo tranzit over and over with NO QUICK REVIVE(40+).

NOTES: All of this is what i have drawn from the game code inwhich i decrypted. THere are still elements inwhich i have not studied or personally tested their boundaries. Example there is a value of {(L)} throughout the equation which i have not yet related to any given stat variable, I can only assume you insert the number marked as position on the leaderboard into this variable. If you do insert the leaderboard position variable into the equation i do not see a limit boundary needed inorder to factor this variable to reproduce a realistic result. So once again i can only assume there is an equation for leaderboard position that self factors to determine that specific variable position which in turn gives weight in the overall equation for rank.

Any thoughts or additions please?

If you have an equation or a partial equation, post it.

1) You would not be able to read the equation

2) Thats against Federal Law in the USA

3) IT would not fit in the space allowed

I mean no disrespect. I am only protecting myself and Treyarch.

Ok pm me the equation, with any helpful knowledge. I have a masters degree in mathematics and have done a fair bit of programming.

Seriously though, you can't come on here saying you decrypted something with no proof or anything to back up your statements and expect to be taken seriously.

I think you have a point Tom. I've seen another post today claiming he saw someone get to 330 on Kino, and that person now does QA for Treyarch. I have never understood the point of seeking attention on the internet as a troll. What does it add to your life?

If the ranking system is designed to be fair and an indication of how good a player does it doesn't seem quite right that after a 6 week break I go from rank 5, blue eyes and knives to nothing, just due to a break.

after a 6 week break I go from rank 5, blue eyes and knives to nothing, just due to a break.

Chopper, Blue eyes and tallys are just an indication of How active a player is. You get blue eyes back if you play every day for five or more consecutive days. On the other hand higher Ranks (Emblems) are obtained by improving their Overall stats. K/D (Kills to down ratio) is one of the most important factors to rank up.

something I have noticed about the zombie w/ knife emblem is the fact that it only shows up if you knife zombies often.my friend has higher k/d than me but he still only has a skull(he is around 130/1) while I sit at around 90/1 which is not great and I have it on my emblem.I knife allot at the beginning of games. usually I go for galvaknuckles early and try to rack up points until they are not very effective. my friend told me he almost never knifes and he simply shoots the zombies. This leads me to believe that to get the knife you have to knife zombies.Can anyone confirm??

something I have noticed about the zombie w/ knife emblem is the fact that it only shows up if you knife zombies often.my friend has higher k/d than me but he still only has a skull(he is around 130/1) while I sit at around 90/1 which is not great and I have it on my emblem.I knife allot at the beginning of games. usually I go for galvaknuckles early and try to rack up points until they are not very effective. my friend told me he almost never knifes and he simply shoots the zombies. This leads me to believe that to get the knife you have to knife zombies.Can anyone confirm??

Every time I've gotten the skull w/ knife it's been because I got to a really high round, not because I knifed a lot.

I have noticed lots of people with high k/d and high headshot ratio along with high rounds that dont have shotguns or are stuck on a certain level is it possible that they simply need to play more? could total hours played or play fequency have a role in all this? we know in order to get tallies you need to play often. maybe how often and long we play affects the emblem in other ways too. just a theory.any answers?

Does anyone know what I need to get the shotgun emblem?

Like , do i need to work on my headshots or rounds or grief or some other things.

Here's my stats with the dagger With 2 tallys (have been busy because of college)

Kills: 130,334

Bullets Fired: 538,557

Downs:598

Revives: 1012

Grenade Kills: 8094

Headshots: 30,640

Deaths: 372

Gibs: 134,413

Perks Drank: 1542

Doors: 1088

Bullets Hit: 1,113,707

Accuracy: 2.07

Miles Travelled: 1,614

Kills/Downs Ratio: 217.9498327759197

Time played: 12,220 minutes

% from cod elite

Accuracy: 206%

Headshots: 23%

ROUNDS

Green Run:

Tranzit

Solo> 49

2p> 10

3p> 11

4p> 29

Farm Survival:

Solo> 27

2p> 27

3p> 25

4p> 25

Town Survival:

Solo> 7

2p> 27

3p> 15

4p> 23

Bus Depot Survival:

Solo> 6

2p> N/A

3p> 11

4p> 12

Town Grief: 5 wins and 7 losses

Farm Grief: 15 wins and 7 losses

After a tedious month of grinding for my Shotgun rank, i FINALLY got them today after a Round 36 run playing doubles on Town. Note my previous rounds completed on Town Doubles was only 23, so rounds survived could have played a very important factor.

My stats during the game were 1706 kills, 7 downs, (242 K/D) and 5 revives.

My all-time stats after ranking up are the following:

Kills: 37298

Bullets Fired: 85570

Downs: 165 (226 Kill/Down Ratio)

Revives: 288

Grenade Kills: 462

Headshots: 6194

Deaths: 107

Gibs: 34235

Perks: 422

Doors: 231

Accuracy: 1.16

Miles Traveled: 346

Also my Win/Loss ratios in Grief are BOTH POSITIVE.

I hope this helps you guys with your road to Shotguns because i know mine was ridiculous and frustrating.

Add me on Xbox Live for high rounds, GT: ShugrrTits :twisted:

STATS:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560 ... 5E0616BCF/

Skull blue eyes, 5 tallies.

Anyone know what I should improve to get to skull and dagger? :D

Get some more kills, increase your k/d (kill/down) slightly like into the 80's, get a few round 30 survivals/tranzit and you'll get it no problem.

Ok, I'll do that when I get the skull and dagger I take my stats up and we can compare them to these.

Hello :oops:

This is my first time in here so please go easy on me if I am wrong! I suddenly went from the blue eyed skull to the one with the knife after weeks of being stuck on just the skull.

All I did different was NOT get Juggernog until round 18, I made a little video explaining more, so please can you hear me out and some people test this. One person commented saying it worked for them, then deleted the comment. But I have a screen shot from my email message.. I'll upload it if someone can tell me how to on here :roll:

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mMadiW5II

Hello :oops:

This is my first time in here so please go easy on me if I am wrong! I suddenly went from the blue eyed skull to the one with the knife after weeks of being stuck on just the skull.

All I did different was NOT get Juggernog until round 18, I made a little video explaining more, so please can you hear me out and some people test this. One person commented saying it worked for them, then deleted the comment. But I have a screen shot from my email message.. I'll upload it if someone can tell me how to on here :roll:

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mMadiW5II

It's doubtful that perks have much if anything to do with how rank is calculated. The fact of the matter is; ranking up takes a long time! So when one finally does rank up, they try to put an added emphasis on the last game they played and see what they did different. Which is wrong imo.

That's not to say that rounds/perks drank or kills/perks drank isn't a weight in the rank formula, but I believe we have a pretty strong consensus here that kill/downs is largest factor in determining rank.