Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

• Administrators

I don't believe Deaths would be a concern, since in order to die you have to be down. :P

But in all seriousness, the downs are the biggest concern here. It's not that easy to die out, but it certainly is the opposite for downs. If you have more Deaths than Downs, we need to talk about future appointments w/ a psychologist.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, last night I FINALLY ranked up.. I had been skull/eyes since the first few days the game was out. IMMEDIATELY went to knife/eyes and five hash marks.. Only difference I noticed in my stats was that my heads shot percentage was a solid 20%.

The game it happened on was an oddity for me. I joined a friend, he was playing Nuketown in Easy mode, which I never play. We made it to like round 24. My high round on Nuketown in Normal mode is 29. So I don't really get it.

My stats by far:

Kills: 65367

Accuracy: 130%

Headshots: 18125 (30%)

Revives: 900

Doors: 495

Perks: 519

Gibs:78967

Grenade Kills: 1241

Traveled Miles: 1072

Downs: 326 (K/D = 200)

Death: 213

Tranzit Solo: 42

Tranzit Multi: 26

Farm Solo: 27

Farm Multi: 0

Town Solo: 38

Town Multi: 35

Bus Solo: 19

Bus Multi: 0

The number of slash marks is represented by the number of consecutive days(24 period) of zombies played. If you have five, you have playeed 5 or more days in a row. If you miss a day, your tally goes down. From what I have experienced, if you miss 1 day(miss 24 hours), it goes down 1 tally, and in order to gain your tallies back, you must restart your streak, although your # of tallies doesnt decrease UNLESS you miss a day.

As for the emblems, I'm lost....

The number of slash marks is represented by the number of consecutive days(24 period) of zombies played. If you have five, you have playeed 5 or more days in a row. If you miss a day, your tally goes down. From what I have experienced, if you miss 1 day(miss 24 hours), it goes down 1 tally, and in order to gain your tallies back, you must restart your streak, although your # of tallies doesnt decrease UNLESS you miss a day.

As for the emblems, I'm lost....

what you said about Tallies is perfect. About emblems its a complicated formula with kills to down ratio as a major factor.

(1. sorry for my bad english :oops: )

so i also think that the major fact of ranking up is the k/d....till now

cause one of my friends reach the same emblem like me, (skull with dagger)

ok no problem but he has a k/d´r of 30 ??? with only 7k kills

so wtf is that sh***?

he play´s nearly all the time with me so i know that he go down very often

and on the leaderboard he is in every categorie place > =1.000.000

maybe a few high rounds in a row can be the answer?

(1. sorry for my bad english :oops: )

so i also think that the major fact of ranking up is the k/d....till now

cause one of my friends reach the same emblem like me, (skull with dagger)

ok no problem but he has a k/d´r of 30 ??? with only 7k kills

so wtf is that sh***?

he play´s nearly all the time with me so i know that he go down very often

and on the leaderboard he is in every categorie place > =1.000.000

maybe a few high rounds in a row can be the answer?

I can debunk this. I did about 5 30+ with 2 40+ all in a row but no changes.

I finally got the knife emblem!!!!!!

So to help with the ranking theories, here's my stats right after the game I got the knife emblem from.

CAREER:

Kills - 64520

Bullets - 205658

Downs - 415

Revives - 252

Grenade Kills - 11219

Headshots - 18294

Deaths - 330

Gibs - 83858

Perks - 517

Doors - 783

Hits - 340071

Miles - 1168

So yes you can rank up in solo. And I dont think revives has much to do with it, 'cuz I havent revived someone in a while.

If anyone's curious here's how I ranked up:

Play solo Tranzit and have everything you need by the end of round one. 2 upgraded guns, usually Ak74fu2 (for running with) and an upgraded RPD or if I have to, an upgraded HAMR. (RPD is lighter) Galvaknuckles, Claymores, EMP (easy avogadro kill), all perks EXCEPT quick revive, and a Zombie Shield on my back. (this is most important)

Run around at Diner using claymores on whole groups, saving ammo for later rounds when Max Ammos are less frequent, going for headshots, and only using the Raygun at higher rounds ('cuz you get no headshots, and there's splash damage that might down you) re-up on zombie shield when you know its been close to hit 15 times by letting the last walker destroy it, ensuring you have a new one for the next round.

I also believe that game modes have nothing to do with it. I've only been playing solo Tranzit lately, playing one game a day, and making sure i get atleast 100kills before getting downed. And its been about 1000-2000 kills per game with only one down, 'cuz Quick Revive is for pussies.

....gotta add this as well, because I feel like everyone is still asking alot of questions about zombie ranks...

I went from about a 153 kills/downs ratio to 155 kills/downs in the game I ranked up.

And I went from the Skull emblem with blue eyes and five slashes to the Knife emblem with blue eyes and five slashes IN ONE GAME.

Hope this info helps.

Kills: 12390

Downs: 56

Revives: 132

Highest Round Solo: 29

Highest Round Co-op: 32

Rank/Emblem: Skull only w/ Blue Eyes

Anyone else with the same K/D as me and rounds but no Knife or Shotguns?? My theory is starting to become rounds survived but still including K/D, from my experience the only Knifes i have seen are past round 40, can any Skulls with knifes confirm that you do not need round 40? If anyone has any info to help me out why im not ranking up please add me and we can talk over and even play some high rounds, my GT is my Username.

Anyone else with the same K/D as me and rounds but no Knife or Shotguns?? My theory is starting to become rounds survived but still including K/D, from my experience the only Knifes i have seen are past round 40, can any Skulls with knifes confirm that you do not need round 40? If anyone has any info to help me out why im not ranking up please add me and we can talk over and even play some high rounds, my GT is my Username.

I have the skull with knife, no really high rounds though and my stats aren't as good as a lot of people's on here...

Kills 22376

Bullets 97373

Downs 209

Revives 150

Grenade kills 209

Headshots 5774

Deaths 147

Gibs 20880

Perks 252

Doors 319

Hits 139654

Miles 438

K/d 107

Solo

27 tranzit

28 farm

23 town

16 bus depot

29 nuketown

Co op

17 tranzit

not played farm co op

17 town

6 bus depot

27 nuketown

K these r my friends stats. He received the shotguns during a game and these r his stats right after that game.

Kills= 90,013

Bullets fired= 309,165

Downs= 415

Revives= 403

Grenade kills= 6535

Headshots= 50,103

Deaths= 235

Gibs= 118,154

Perks= 689

Doors= 637

Hits= 768,365

Miles= 2085

Tranzit

1= 41

2= 49

3= 34

4= 36

Survival farm

1= 46

2= 0

3= 0

4= 0

He hasn't really played anything else. My stats r very similar, little less headshots and kills, but I'm still a skull with a knife in it. He seems to have broken some threshold during this game, it was solo on farm.

Hope this helps shed some light on this ranking system.

• Moderators

Just got to 46 on TranZit and quit the game because I had no ammo and I was insanely bored and I got the shotguns now. 8-)

Will put my stats on here later.

Kills: 27963

Bullets-fired: 45384

Downs: 125

Revives: 79

Grenade kills: 1892

Headshots: 3706

Deaths: 122

Gibs: 33501

Perks: 227

Doors: 133

Hits: 125763

Miles: 335

Solo Highest rounds: NT=43 Green Run=46 Farm=31 Town=36 Bus Depot=16

Split screen highest rounds: NT=26 Green Run=11 Town=22 Farm=18

Very Nice dude. I am happy for you.

Thanks Way. :3

And I should really do something about those split screen records. :lol:

My highest round is 25 coop survival farm. Highest solo is 24 on survival farm. I almost only play survival on farm and I have the skull with a knife. I will post my stats sometimes Monday (taking the night off on the PS3 ). My k/d ratio is OK, but I have a solid headshot % and high revives. I know I could play a few hours on solo and boost my k/d ratio big time, but it gets boring.

I've been stuck with a knife & skull so I made a new account. On the new account it took three days and a dozen games of Tranzit with constant 25-35 round games, 2000+ kills and 1-2 downs in each game to reach the knife & skull. I played for three more days with constant high kills and hardly ever going down and I wasn't advancing so I decided to try out Grief mode. It took a couple of games to finally find one where the server didn't leave and I kicked butt in the process getting a win.

SOON AS I WON ONE GAME OF GRIEF I LEVELED TO THE SHOTGUNS!

Stats after receiving Shotguns-389 k/d ratio

Kills-15576

Bullets Fired-48426

Downs-40

Revives-105

Grenade Kills-783

Headshots-6506

Deaths-28

Gibs-18368

Perks-107

Doors-148

Hits-88652

Miles-162

I thought of an idea earlier today, seeing as we already know dedication is an inportant factor for tally marks, could it be an important factor for shotguns? I don't mean playing daily, but what I mean is the easter egg. Could completing the easter egg have an effect on levelling up? Think about it, dedicated zombie fans would do easter eggs- I've done all of them except TranZit so far! If you have the shotguns then let me know whether you've done the easter egg or not so we can try to debunk or prove (maybe) this theory.

I haven't completed the EE on my shotgun ranked account. My account with knife & dagger I did both Richtofen and then Maxis EE. So I'm pretty sure the EE doesn't have an effect on rank. I had the same thought before I ranked to shotguns.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking on here for the last month or two for easter egg theories. I thought I could finally contribute a little.