Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is off. It was a nice shot though. If you look at videos on YouTube of people trying to skip past rounds they rank up with no kills at all. I'm starting to think it deals with how many times you go down in an x amount of rounds. Maybe divide one from another for the DRR (Death:Round Ratio). You may get deranked for not having any rounds.

Please No more threads on this topic. Just add your feedback here. Any new thread will be added to this page and locked. To help others rank please add the following details.

Kills:

Downs:

k/d:

Highest round in solo or co-op:

Emblem or Rank:

*Thanks to Infested Lithium for this chart. This is just some estimate. Remember numbers vary.

List of threads regarding this topic:

Your Zombie K/D and Emblem

The Zombies Ranking System -- Explained and Reviewed

Ranking easy to figure out?

Ranking system vs. Solo/Custom

Ranking system?

**Official Zombies Ranking System** (Theory)

Another Rank predicting thread/theory

Petition To get Ranking System Info from Treyarch.

Black ops 2 Zombies Ranking System

Zombies Ranking System (Theory)

ranking system bo2 zombies

Black Ops 2 Zombie Rankings Explained

Question about the ranks.

I believe this is absolute with a few exceptions. The numbers contain gaps that are of significance. Let me explain while I have it handy:

My Stats:

Kills: 32321

Deaths: 295

Downs: 520

K/Death: 109.6~

K/Down: 62.5~

This means the skull starts at 30 and ends with 69 for the skull. Not 30-60. I heard the blue eye signifies your placement. As in: You are the rank you are when you get blue eyes. Is this true?

Blue eyes simply means you played the last 5 days in a row consecutively and nothing more. You lose tallies and emblems from bad games and ONLY tallies from lack of playing. Simple as that.

And the largest factor is KDR, proven multiple times by multiple accts made by me and my gf.

Compltely agree. It seems as though the KDR is definately the most important factor taken into consideration here. Also, LADpoints for getting your gf involved haha :P

Thank you, MNM. And I'll tell you the reason why it's 80% KDR at least. My gf cannot get to high rounds AT ALL by herself. But she ranked up to the knife by playing Survival Farm on Solo and only downing once or twice per game with about 100-300 kills a game so her ratio was over 100. Skull w/ Knife and blue eyes in 4 days and she only been past round 20 once.

She also didn't really experiment with different game types like the game recommends or anything, she played like 1 or 2 Tranzits and 90% solo Survival Farm. There's no need to know the exact formula as long as you know the KD for your goal emblem.

I think the chart on this thread should be removed for inaccuracy. I think it is outrageous to have an INCORRECT chart stickied. I know you say the numbers are off. All that means is that you know as well as the rest of us that that chart is incorrect. So please take it down.

I have removed chart. It was only added to give people some sort of ball park number to look for. But I removed it anyways because its incorrect.

Indeed the chart is not perfect, and there are too many variables in the ranking system; HOWEVER the average KDR of a specific emblem can be noted.

Ex: Skull with Knife (Averages 70-200)

Skull with Shotguns (Averages 200 - Infinity)

Skull (20-70 Avg)

Of course numbers can be either lower or higher than these numbers, however what I must admit about the ranking system with the emblems is that THOSE WITH THE KNIVES AND THE SHOTGUN RANKS ARE AMONG THE BEST PLAYERS I'VE PLAYED WITH.

So the ranking system itself isn't as flawed or as terrible as people claim it to be. Stop hating and play well and eventually everyone's ranks will reflect their skill!

I think the chart on this thread should be removed for inaccuracy. I think it is outrageous to have an INCORRECT chart stickied. I know you say the numbers are off. All that means is that you know as well as the rest of us that that chart is incorrect. So please take it down.

I have removed chart. It was only added to give people some sort of ball park number to look for. But I removed it anyways because its incorrect.

Thank you. I don't think your intent should be discouraged; I just think that a chart like that should be displayed based on temporary information.

So I have BUSTED the over 200 K/D myth.

Last night I was sitting at 195 K/D Career and 201 or so Coop. I got into a Tranzit game and went 1600+ and 1 down. Ended the game above 200 K/D Career and 210 K/D or so Coop. I have all 5 marks and blue eyes. Still no Shotguns.

SO.... I decided to do a town solo run. I got to round 36 and got 2000+ kills and NO DOWNS because I ended up leaving (was 6AM) so that put me at 210 K/D for Career and 224 K/D for Coop and still no Shotguns.

I've got:

42480 kills

over 200k bullets fired

203 downs

185 revives

over 15k headshots

123% accuracy!!! lol what

Come on, On top of that. I went 2 back to back games with a 1800 K/D ratio both over round 30.

What am I missing here.

Sounds like 200 K/D is debunked.

Only other option is that someone said servers updated everyday at 7 PM. I have not been over 200 K/D at 7PM so we will see if that is true.

Not sure what it wants from me. Looks like good stats if you ask me.

Well, the K/D is just a factor that represents quite well your skill. But I'm glad it's debunked. My KD was still about 105, now I did today:

Rd 35 Farm solo

Rd 48 Farm solo

Rd 47 Town solo

Like 8 hours of play or so, and it just went up to 122. What would I have to do, to reach 200? I wouldn't be aloud to play with friends anymore. They suck, causing me a lot of downs cause I try to revive or something (Hey, them friends, so just try to revive although its risky. If it fails, we simply restart. But we both have fun then, not just one playing one watching). Couldn't do that, so I'm really glad that I still can mess with the KD and also do test games.

But I'm still wondering. I'm Top 20 now in TranZit, Farm and Town solo. As well top 20 TranZit 2ppl. So, still no shotties. The system is crap. My mate playing really crap is running around with the Skull. My other mate, playing quite decent (did the top 20 Tranzit with him), has also the Skull. Same rank, but their skill difference is massive...

They should overwork it. I'm really disappointed.

Can anyone tell me when i will rank up to the knife emblem? I've tried and tried...but to no avail.

Here's my stats:

CAREER: 42944 kills / 150858 bullets / 385 downs / 250 revives / 4666 grenade kills / 11418 headshots / 301 deaths / 53141 gibs / 439 perks / 650 doors / 1.27 hit ratio / 926 miles

Tranzit highest round solo: 38

Multiplayer: 15

Farm survival solo: 23

Multiplayer: 0

Town survival solo: 18

Multiplayer: 3

Bus Depot solo: 13

Multiplayer: 0

Nuketown solo: 31

Multiplayer: 23

Grief Farm: wins: 2 losses: 3

Grief Town: wins: 2 losses: 2 - taints: 2

I've read that some people have the shotguns emblem without ever having played Grief, and that my kills vs downs ratio is a huge factor in deciding which emblem i have. I'm currently at 111.5 ...

Well, the K/D is just a factor that represents quite well your skill. But I'm glad it's debunked. My KD was still about 105, now I did today:

Rd 35 Farm solo

Rd 48 Farm solo

Rd 47 Town solo

Like 8 hours of play or so, and it just went up to 122. What would I have to do, to reach 200? I wouldn't be aloud to play with friends anymore. They suck, causing me a lot of downs cause I try to revive or something (Hey, them friends, so just try to revive although its risky. If it fails, we simply restart. But we both have fun then, not just one playing one watching). Couldn't do that, so I'm really glad that I still can mess with the KD and also do test games.

But I'm still wondering. I'm Top 20 now in TranZit, Farm and Town solo. As well top 20 TranZit 2ppl. So, still no shotties. The system is crap. My mate playing really crap is running around with the Skull. My other mate, playing quite decent (did the top 20 Tranzit with him), has also the Skull. Same rank, but their skill difference is massive...

They should overwork it. I'm really disappointed.

As me and SoM have already discussed, it matters little what wave you get too just the amount of kills you get to help improve you're KDR. Granted, it's likely you got a ton of zombies kills those high wave games and only a max of 4 downs, it's likely that if you always go down becuase you try to revive friends then that would really hurt your KDR, that's probably why you won't level up.

Thank you, MNM. And I'll tell you the reason why it's 80% KDR at least. My gf cannot get to high rounds AT ALL by herself. But she ranked up to the knife by playing Survival Farm on Solo and only downing once or twice per game with about 100-300 kills a game so her ratio was over 100. Skull w/ Knife and blue eyes in 4 days and she only been past round 20 once.

She also didn't really experiment with different game types like the game recommends or anything, she played like 1 or 2 Tranzits and 90% solo Survival Farm. There's no need to know the exact formula as long as you know the KD for your goal emblem.

That seems fair enough, plus I think Survival is the best way to rank up as you can only get a maximum of 4 downs and it's a lot easier to survive into the higher waves. I've been playing a lot of solo survival on Town recently and my KDR has shot up from around 65 or so to the 94 it is now. It's insane the difference playing survival makes, and I think I will just keep going on it until I hit my shotties (on knife now). Also, I think gettig too many downs in a game may negate your KDR, lemee tell you why:

Me and my 2 friends (Skull with 4 tallies amd Skull with 2) were playin TranZit the other day survivng in Town. Now, it wasn't until about wave 26 that I had my first down, but they had both had 2-3 downs respectively by then. We all died on Wave 29, and by then we had hit over 1,000 kills each (can't remember their kills, but I know I had the highest with 1,169). I only had 4 downs theoughout the entire game, but they had around 11-13 downs each by the end and they came out woth no rank increase/ decrease at all. My friend then tried a solo game on Town earlier today and failed, only reaching Wave 3 and getting 19 kills to 1 down. However, he came put pf the game with a tally mark adde on. This poses the question: Does consecutive days earn you the tally marks or is it game play as well, as he claims he still had 2 Tally Marks before he went into the game. What are your thoughts guys?

So I have BUSTED the over 200 K/D myth.

Last night I was sitting at 195 K/D Career and 201 or so Coop. I got into a Tranzit game and went 1600+ and 1 down. Ended the game above 200 K/D Career and 210 K/D or so Coop. I have all 5 marks and blue eyes. Still no Shotguns.

SO.... I decided to do a town solo run. I got to round 36 and got 2000+ kills and NO DOWNS because I ended up leaving (was 6AM) so that put me at 210 K/D for Career and 224 K/D for Coop and still no Shotguns.

I've got:

42480 kills

over 200k bullets fired

203 downs

185 revives

over 15k headshots

123% accuracy!!! lol what

Come on, On top of that. I went 2 back to back games with a 1800 K/D ratio both over round 30.

What am I missing here.

Sounds like 200 K/D is debunked.

Only other option is that someone said servers updated everyday at 7 PM. I have not been over 200 K/D at 7PM so we will see if that is true.

Not sure what it wants from me. Looks like good stats if you ask me.

I hope this is true :) K/D sounds too messed up specially the downs part. So the question still remains, what are you missing to get shotguns?

I got it from Everything Piff, he was the originator of the KDR theory and he was the first to notice te 7pm national ranking modifications. I just happened to expand on his findings. And I have mastered how to get shotguns in a week. The issue is if everyone finds out how to play, most players that are only barely above average can get the shotguns and that's why 3arc is keeping it a secret. If they wanted legit rankings they should have a real judge lol

I don't have the game in front of me but if you go into theatre mode from the zombies menu and load up one of your recent games there's an option to create a highlight reel.

you can then customize the highlight reel and pick categories such as "best moments", etc (I forget the rest) and the number of stars.

when you generate the highlight reel it will fast forward through your game until it finds a suitable clip, record that and carry on.

I think the idea is that you eventually assemble several clips into a small video and you can pick the transitions, etc

I'm guessing it's designed for multiplayer. Seems like a great feature if your game is about 10 minutes long but trying to assemble a highlight reel from a three hour zombie game is a gruelling experience.

I found it interesting that the game seems to be using some kind of formula to automatically rate the standard of your play according to different criteria though.

I bombed every map on Zombies the whole week. Solo and Co-op, I got over 30 rounds plus on every map.

I calculated and my KD went up to 85. (It wouldn't be so low if I knew this before I started playing Grief mode with friends and went for my achievements first) I'm still the damn regular skull rank. So all the talk about needing over 70 KD or having high rounds on every map to get to skull with knife rank is bullshit... I even beat every leaderboards on my friends list, and one of them is a skull with shotguns.. wtf?!

But yeah, that's about all I can make of this ranking system so far. I'm sick of these retarded maps aswell, besides Nuketown. So if I don't get some legt info on the rankings which nobody can get to so far, I doubt I'll still be playing this until they decide to release their DLC.

I wanted a higher rank before that though, but it just seems impossible to get unless you get a high KD in your first few games.