The significance of the X2 raygun in the EE?

itstheref

Hello, this is my first post on the forums, but I've been lurking for a week or so since NGTZombies links this forum a lot.

My question is the sign in the tunnel says: DAY X2 ME

Many people are saying it means Day cross over to me, but what if it's not and it's eluding to the X2 upgraded Raygun and you have to use it on something. Maybe theres something in the tunnel where the sign is.. maybe you have to shoot the church clock with the raygun upgraded? I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the X2 ME part of the sign is more literal and speaking on the raygun moreso than crossover to me like most people. It's also alarming you can't store a raygun in the fridge which furthermore makes me think you need it for a special purpose since they make you get it every game with no storage capability. Thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a game where I was testing theories, and I tested yours. Nothing happened. I had the upgraded ray gun, I shot that sign, the clock in diner, the clock on the Church, and even the door that makes the beams show up. Couldn't get anything to work.

By the way, by the clock on the church, are you sure thats a clock? It kind of just looks like a circle window, unless I am not looking at the right thing... :lol: If that is the case then I never shot the church clock with the X2 ray gun.

...By the way, by the clock on the church, are you sure thats a clock? It kind of just looks like a circle window, unless I am not looking at the right thing... :lol: If that is the case then I never shot the church clock with the X2 ray gun.

I looked at the spire with a sniper rifle and it is indeed just a window...for those of you who don't believe me. Try it out.

I'm going to check out the tunnel with the X2 and see if I can find anything.

The tunnel is an area clear from the fog. There is a gun you can buy off the wall and there is buildable barricades....maybe we over looked something?

....I'm going on PSN and trying is out if anyone wants to join in GT: HWDxBASSIST

You guys realized there are 2 of those signs in the tunnel right? One in the beginning of the tunnel you can see from the front of the bus. One after the bus curves to the other path that you can see out the back of the bus. Has anyone tried shooting both with the pap'd ray gun?

Yea I wasnt saying the church clock literally I was just rambling about clocks and places and theories.. forgot there wasnt one on the church lol. My mistake. I still think the X2 on the sign has something to do with the raygun though.

No problem, the more theories the better. I am on Xbox and am going to try some more things in Tranzit. Think I may go get the Jet Gun this time and tinker around with it. PM me if anybody wants to join.

Hello, this is my first post on the forums, but I've been lurking for a week or so since NGTZombies links this forum a lot.

Many people are saying it means Day cross over to me, but what if it's not and it's eluding to the X2 upgraded Raygun and you have to use it on something. Maybe theres something in the tunnel where the sign is.. maybe you have to shoot the church clock with the raygun upgraded? I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the X2 ME part of the sign is more literal and speaking on the raygun moreso than crossover to me like most people. It's also alarming you can't store a raygun in the fridge which furthermore makes me think you need it for a special purpose since they make you get it every game with no storage capability. Thoughts?

u cant store a raygun in the fridge think how easy that would be if every person on round one had a raygun

Probably just as easy as having any pap'ed weapon in the fridge? I got mustang and sally in there right now, waiting for a round 30+ game. The ray gun doesnt pay off until your in the 20's, even then id rather spit bullets. The box seems to pop it up pretty frequently. Anyways, i hope all these snippets lead to somthing, these signs always caught my attention.

u cant store a raygun in the fridge think how easy that would be if every person on round one had a raygun

Correction, you can actually store the Ray Gun in the fridge. And Mustang & Sally. The Ray Gun has to be PaP'd.

Researching D-A-Y acronyms, got a interesting one...

Variable yield, or dial-a-yield is an option available on most modern nuclear weapons. It allows the operator to specify a weapon's yield, or explosive power, allowing a single design to be used in different situations. For example, the Mod-10 B61 bomb had selectable explosive yields of 0.3, 5, 10 or 80 Kt, depending on how the ground crew set a dial inside the casing when it was loaded onto an aircraft.

Variable yield technology has existed since at least the early 1960s. Examples of variable yield weapons include the B61 nuclear bomb family, B83, W80, W85 and WE177A warheads.

Most modern nuclear weapons are Teller–Ulam design type thermonuclear weapons, with a fission primary stage and a fusion (or fission) secondary stage which is collapsed by the energy from the primary. These offer at least three methods to vary yield:

Varying primary yield by boosting with fusion, using small amounts of deuterium / tritium gas inside the primary fission bomb to increase its yield.

Varying primary yield by varying the timing or use of external neutron initiators (ENIs).[1] These are small particle accelerators which cause a brief fusion reaction by accelerating deuterium into a tritium target (or potentially vice versa), producing a short energetic pulse of neutrons. Precise timing of the ENI pulse as the nuclear primary's pit is collapsing can significantly affect yield, and the rate of neutron injection can also be controlled.

Shutting down the thermonuclear secondary, either by firing the primary at low enough yield that it does not compress the secondary sufficiently to ignite, or by blocking energy transport inside the warhead briefly as the primary is firing using shutters or a similar mechanism. If the primary's energy starts to disperse through the radiation case before being focused on the secondary then the secondary will likely never detonate.

All current British nuclear warheads incorporate variable yield technology as standard.[2]

Also M-E means master or mechanical engineer.

Marlton even says something about fusion, fission...

So, this could translate to marlton dialing the bomb to 1/2 to avoid the explosion or to create a diferent scenario....

How about that? Also how the hell are we supposed to do something like that....