Your Zombie K/D and Emblem

I want to find out exactly how reliable zombie K/D is for determining emblems. The marks are clearly days played in a row, and blue eyes is connected to that.

Go to your leaderboards and divide your kills with your DOWNS not deaths. Include actual numbers.

I know that there is more to it than this, but one thing at a time. My next experiment will be a Headshot ratio and a deaths to revives ratio. But I think K/D has the most weight.

I really need at least 20 more to go off of. I have all of my friends already done, and need around 30 total to have good results.

Please be honest or my equations will not be accurate and post it in this fashion:

Kills: 26992

Downs: 171

K/D: 157.8

Emblem: Skull w/Dagger and blue eyes

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even it is all based on K/D, I doubt the data you've collected will let you see this. The reason is I believe you need to have 5 tallies and blue eyes before you can upgrade base emblems.

Thus, even the best K/D in the world could be a skull, if they stop playing as soon as they get to 5 tallies, derank to 1 tally, then play to 5 tallies, then stop, and so on.

Good luck, but I doubt you will find anything conclusive.

Please use the search function as we already have tons of topics about ranking now.

Just post this in one of them.

I did. I would have to Hijack a thread to get the data and in my opinion that is not fun or fair.

Each of the thread have their own OP and their theory should be priority on their thread. I would hope to get the same respect.

Either way, If you are a Mod and do not agree just delete my thread. If not, thanks for the help and post your K/D. I really need a few double shotguns to post to get data on them.

Even it is all based on K/D, I doubt the data you've collected will let you see this. The reason is I believe you need to have 5 tallies and blue eyes before you can upgrade base emblems.

Thus, even the best K/D in the world could be a skull, if they stop playing as soon as they get to 5 tallies, derank to 1 tally, then play to 5 tallies, then stop, and so on.

Good luck, but I doubt you will find anything conclusive.

I went from a skull to a skull with a dagger with 2 tally marks. I know this for sure because I was out of state on a business trip and did not get to play much when I was there.

I also know when I got back home I had 1 tally mark. I got one more each day I would log on and play. After 5, Took to the next day for blue eyes.

I can't check my K/D because I'm on CoDz on my PS3. :?

I've noticed when I go down quite a bit in a game (public/custom games) I get deranked. Maybe your rank has to do with downs per game? I don't know, just an assumption.

Last time I was playing Nuketown Zombies, was messing around, downed 8 times(Best Zombie Player? LOL), and was deranked to Skull w/ Dagger. :oops:

• Administrators

I can't check my K/D because I'm on CoDz on my PS3. :?

I've noticed when I go down quite a bit in a game (public/custom games) I get deranked. Maybe your rank has to do with downs per game? I don't know, just an assumption.

Last time I was playing Nuketown Zombies, was messing around, downed 8 times(Best Zombie Player? LOL), and was deranked to Skull w/ Dagger. :oops:

Prodigy and the OP have claimed that your rank is mostly based on your kill / down ratio. Here is a reference to how it is set up:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=25823

According to Prodigy's theory, you have to meet a certain ratio to even be considered in a rank. Not only this, but you also need to hit a minimum kill level (i.e. 15k kills to gain entry to Skulls w/ Shotguns). When you go down a lot in a given rank, it affects your ratio negatively, which may drop you down a rank on the spot when you descend below the said boundary.

In your case, you went below at least a 200.00 K/D.

Im collecting tons of data.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Im trying to have an unbiased theory, but the data is pointing to K/D ratio more and more.

One more thing... I think it has a lot to the stats not made in VS like grief.

If you go to your name and press right twice, you see 3 sets of stats. One is career, one is Coop one is VS. I think this is because VS kills and downs don't count toward emblems.

Still working on it.

• Administrators

Prodigy's theory has been confirmed.

After reaching the minimum 15k kill set, my rank immediately rose from Skull w/ Dagger to Skull & Shotguns. My K/D ratio is 273.601, with 54 downs. I played a Custom Match with a good friend trying to do the Easter Egg before my rank was increased.

Also, I do believe Grief is still considered a good portion of your ranking. The Overall stats consist of Co-op and Grief, so that main category is to be emphasized the most. Prior to leveling up, I was at 14,892 kills accumulated (including Grief). When I finished my match, I was barely at 15,003 kills total and had my new prestige emblem.

I think I can fully support that regardless what mode you play (as long as it affects the overall statistics), you can increase your rank virtually in any game.