Probation -_-

Just a quick question here, but is anyone getting put on probation for absolutely no reason at all? Like, I leave a lobby after the game is over and when I come back, I get on probation. I have also been put on probation for the host dashboarding. The game can't identify the difference between quitting and being kicked. It's really pissing me off. I've heard of people being banned from the servers, and if I get banned because of their inability to pick up when I'm quitting (I used to quit a lot in the past, but I understand how negatively that affects the game, so I just simply wait until the game's over and back out in the lobby if I'm getting killed. The only time I ever truly 'quit' midgame is if I get an invite from a friend—which I will rarely deny) and when I'm kicked because of a mess up on Treyarch's part.

This game feels unfinished, in my opinion. I've tweeted Vonderhaar about this. I know he won't respond, but maybe he'll see it...

/endrant

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I discovered the new "probation" feature last night. They were quite frustrated by it because they tend to ragequit a lot. I, however, could definitely see the reasoning behind implementing such a feature. But you're right, leaving a lobby between games shouldn't count, nor should getting lagged out. I hope Treyarch sorts this out.

I don't think I've been put on yet but this is because of people quitting a lot in previous games, if you quit now eventually you'll be put on probation and if you continue it will lead to banning etc. (I think it says when you press leave lobby during a game) I think it is a little bit drastic bit then if clans or people all quit at once it does take the pace of the game away (you have to wait for host migration and more people to join etc.) so I can see why it's there if people quit a lot but if you do get bugged out or kicked then it shouldn't count & is unfair.

In theory this is a great idea. incentivising against quitting mid game will increase the quality of matches, there will be less adding of players mid game which is frustrating sometimes. And of course should encourage less rage quitting.

but it doesnt quite work yet because of the flaws. for instance last night we had a party of six, had been playing for a couple hours, finished every match bar none.

and we backed out because one player was quitting and another was joining us. when i got the invite i was on probation?! lol now it was only for like 1 minute or maybe 2 minutes but still a bit frustrating because i hadn't quit any matches at all. best we could come up with is the game may consider a host migration as "leaving" idk. its broken, but i love the idea i hope they keep tweaking it

:lol:

It is pretty silly not gonna lie.

Adding something like this to cod (and a Treyargh cod at that) seems dumb. People rage quit when the game works like poop. If the game works right, people wouldn't usually ragequit.

Don't punish players for shoddy workmanship.

That being said, I have only ragequit one game: my first. 0/3 while shooting through people, left after less than a minute. No problems hardly at all since.

Out of roughly 100 deaths (I don't get much mp time in) I called bs only 5-6 times. That's 6%, much better than 92% in bo1.

...this is pretty f$&@ing g@#...

*ahem* BOO!! I thought you knew better than that undead!

As for the actual topic at hand, I have never gotten this message, but I haven't rage-quit once in black ops 2 yet. My cousin played my copy and rage quit just shy of a dozen times, so if I ever got the message he didn't tell me... I swear if my noob of a cousin gets me banned...

i hope they didnt remove it, the incentive is to discourage people from quitting the game unless it is unavoidable... but what they should really use probation for is the (im assuming) little kids that splitscreen and think it is SOOOO funny to run around shooting all their teammates until they get kicked. obviously intent is impossible to judge, but if you have a high enough team kill percentage on hardcore, you should definitely have some sort of probation to discourage that behavior

• 2 months later...

Right, so I just got put on probation for being kicked from the server for no reason.

Patch 1.07 has completely ruined the game for me, and I sadly won't be purchasing Revolution until I know these problems are gone. Will probably go back to Black Ops 1 Zombies till than.

Fix your shit Treyarch.

I've never gotten one only since that I leave after the game. This is part of my code.

"Even when death strays into my eyes, I will never back out from a fight."

Pretty interesting code to me at times. But yeah I never leave until the deed is done. Sometimes I leave with a flesh wound in my k/d or not. But I'll keep this in mind if I do get one.

I've never gotten one only since that I leave after the game. This is part of my code.

"Even when death strays into my eyes, I will never back out from a fight."

Pretty interesting code to me at times. But yeah I never leave until the deed is done. Sometimes I leave with a flesh wound in my k/d or not. But I'll keep this in mind if I do get one.

that's all and good, but what about when you play hardcore and 3 nimrod teammates jump into your line of fire while your firing?

:lol:

I like your code, Crimson. very noble.